Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: Dark

Throw out everything else, a slim, packable nine and a good blade will take you far. See the details at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar James R says:

Still no keys, phone, or wallet?

1. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

With the knife and gun he can get the other things.

2. avatar strych9 says:

Mini Griptillian. Great little folder. I had to buy a few extra because my wife steals them on the regular.

3. avatar S.Crock says:

What do these people do that their lives don’t require actual useful every day items? Phone, wallet, keys, chapstick, multi tool, etc.

4. avatar former water walker says:

What no Taurus diatribe…at least it’s not a Sig 320😜😜😜😜

1. avatar Adub says:

Hey now, that PT 111 G2 has a trigger safety and a manual safety. The P320 has neither.

Just as long as his RSA doesn’t eat itself after the first shot, it should be okay for a defensive gun use.

Funny thing is Taurus is out of replacement RSAs. If yours breaks and you want your gun up and running, you have to buy an aftermarket one.

2. avatar BLoving says:

Not much one can say about Taurus that hasn’t been repeated ad nauseum here and elsewhere.
      The comments always seem to follow the same pattern: “The Taurus PTWhatever I bought was a piece of sh!t”. Followed by several replies of “funny, I have the same one and it works just fine”.
      What this indicates to me is not that Taurus can’t make a decent gun – clearly they can (I’ve owned two of their revolvers), but it does mean their quality control needs work to stop that one-in-twenty lemon from slipping out the door and making the other nineteen look bad.

5. avatar Me_Not_Him says:

Thanks for not carrying Field Notes. Carry on.

6. avatar W. Green says:

I carry a PT111 because I love the features (external safety, 2nd strike capability), the the way it fits my hand, and the size (it is a double stack with 12 + 1 capacity, but is barely wider than most single stacks and conceals very easily). While I have never had a problem with the gun after 500 + rounds, I would instantly buy a different gun from a more respected manufacturer if it had the same specs. It is a shame that Taurus’ past quality control issues have put a small amount of doubt in the back of my mind about an otherwise perfect CC pistol.

1. avatar Richard Kennedy says:

If you had doubt why did you buy it? I carry a PT111 everyday. I don’t have doubts about it or I wouldn’t carry it. If you chose to not carry any gun that someone bitched about having a problem with, you wouldn’t have any left to carry. Use your own experience and don’t pay attention to whiners.

7. avatar Darksideofdaddy says:

Oh s**t, that’s me! It’s a grip not a mini grip And I have 2 taurus pistols, this and a 1911, love them both, but I’m just an uncouth slob, not a super awesome gun guru. And I do carry a wallet, and a gshock watch. Never understood why people carry chapstick year round tho. How exactly are your lips getting chapped in the summer??