Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Craig A Wildfeuer Jr

The CZ P-07 is one of the most carry-worthy and underrated EDC guns on the market. See everything else Craig carries at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar A Brit in TX says:

The P-07 is a great choice, I have one (the previous Duty version) and like everything about it (except for holster availability!!).

1. avatar Badgerman says:

TREX Arns, clingers holsters, and Shooks customs. These are few holster makers for the CZ platforms we know and love.

2. avatar Alex says:

Also a place called “cover6”. Supposedly built by menonites(hand made?) is leather and has a pivot onit so it can pivot into your pants… pretty kewl

2. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

a molded gun i consider owning. they pop up round these parts for 400 used. so ugly they’re kinda cool.

1. avatar DB Kooper says:

I can say without jest that they’re one of the best (like the CZ and the G19 if I’m being specific as to what I consider “the best” for a ~4″ “compact”) polymer handguns on the market. I find them really cool looking but that’s personal taste. From a performance and accuracy/etc/ (objective) standpoint they’re as good as anything else possibly better once you master the DA/SA trigger. Only thing I like the G19 a bit more for is CCW because of the grip length/shape that makes it feel smaller. When it comes to actually shooting, of the two (and I’m not meaning to criticize the Glock it’s just that the CZ is that good not to mention confusingly overlooked) I’ll choose the CZ every time. On top of all that rambling I;ve fond CZ as a company to be one of the most intense addictions I;ve found in the firearms world and the P07v2 that was my first CZ led to 5 more within 1.5 years. If you haven’t been bitten by the CZ bug you’ve been warned. : ) Cheers and happy shooting.

1. avatar Snatchums says:

There’s just something that strikes me as being off about a polymer framed CZ. I feel like they should always be steel (forged aluminum is ok too).

1. avatar NineShooter says:

It’s already 17% heavier than a Glock 19 (both empty); give it a metal frame, and you’d have to include a good belt AND suspenders in every box.

3. avatar Shawn Graber says:

Excellent handgun choice. Love my P07 Duty.

4. avatar NineShooter says:

Yeah, no.

Taller and significantly thicker than a Glock 19 (and the only reason the OAL is .16″ shorter is because it has a .25″ shorter barrel), and weighs 17% more, empty. I don’t think so.

5. avatar AubreyB says:

How do you expect to protect yourself without any FDE???

6. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

Am I the only guy in the world that carries only one knife? Should I get another?

1. avatar Snatchums says:

You should always carry a machete, a 5″ fixed blade tonto, 3 folding knives, 4 throwing knives and a dozen shuriken.

Get with the times

1. avatar Snatchums says:

Much snark in that last reply but seriously, carrying 2 knives isn’t the worst idea. I keep my Benchmade razor sharp and use that for delicate, precise cuts (best steak knife ever, should see the looks when I’m eating at Texas Roadhouse, cutting my steak with a balisong). Then I have a cheap Beretta folding knife that I can abuse and not feel bad when I knick the blade.

2. avatar Kaban says:

And always, ALWAYS supplement excellent EDC blade like 45x series ZT with ugly ninja toy.

7. avatar VF 1777 says:

Love mine, but a little chunky to stuff IWB

8. avatar Brannon says:

I have 3 CCW guns I rotate between, but the CZ P07 is my main one. Although the other two I really like, and will not get rid of, the P07 is my go to CCW, hands down. My favorite handgun on the market, and will always be. It fits my hand, is comfortable, the recoil is near nothing, and it is very accurate. What more do you need in a CCW gun.