New From Allegiance Tactical: PowerStrike 308 Ammunition

“This is the ultimate 308 Tactical round,” Allegiance Ammunition proclaims. “No exit total energy transfer inside the target. Bad guys can no longer hide in the crowd. They can now be reached and surgically removed without the worry of shooting through them and hitting an innocent bystander.” And here’s some proof . . .

OK then. Got defensive ammo for your .308?

comments

1. avatar Esoteric Inanity says:

Doesn’t over-penetrate, but will there be adequate penetration in most common circumstances? Ballistics gel tests done with various clothing and body armor would be interesting. How about them plus sized baddies with about a foot of extra lard on their abdomen?

It sure can make jello dance, gotta give it that.

1. avatar Montana Dan says:

Someone call Shootingthebull410. He always seemed to do excellent work.

Put it to the test

1. avatar Esoteric Inanity says:

An exemplary idea!!!

2. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

I’m not shooting someone in the middle of a crowd with a rifle unless I’m willing to kill some bystander and pay the price for it.

1. avatar Joe R. says:

You say now.

3. avatar strych9 says:

Great for hostage type situations but, generally speaking, I don’t deal with those.

If I’ve broken out one of the .308 rifles from my safe as a weapon to be used against people shit has seriously hit the fan and over penetration is probably very low on my list of concerns.

1. avatar great unknown says:

In some situations, over penetration would be welcome, to conserve ammunition.

4. avatar KenW says:

I wonder when this will come back to haunt them. Some lawyer is going to be doing the happy dance when someone uses this and it passes though and strikes a bystander.

5. avatar Curtis in IL says:

So… nobody makes a .308 hunting bullet designed to do what this one does?

1. avatar Just Someguy says:

They do, but a hunting bullet isn’t as tacticool.

2. avatar BLoving says:

Hunting bullets are meant to penetrate deep and leave an exit wound to increase a blood trail (ideally).
      My question about these rounds: how do they perform against a sheetrock test?

6. avatar Havoc says:

With the new, patented G3 SuperRip technology, you can bet this thing will banish demons on contact. Or something equally hyperbolic. Yawn.

7. avatar Nick says:

Another gimmick round. Thy came up with a design that has piss poor penetration and found a way to market it. I’ll give their marketing team props for that, if it sells.

8. avatar Mark says:

If you are employing .308 then it most likely means a “game over” event is in place such as North Korea launching a nuke with an EMP and now the entire US grid is down for over a year. In which case, I couldn’t give 2 shits about over penetrating!

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

There is no such thing as a US Grid. There are several grids, some connected to the rest, some not. Some, like most of Texas’ (standalone) grid, is pretty well protected against EMPs, as they have taken a lot of steps to make it lightning proof. The EMP resilience was a bonus. Of course, that doesn’t matter too terribly much when everything else that is connected to that grid is dead, including most vehicles.
      Grid technology and resilience is what I do.

1. avatar Mark says:

I guess my main concern is most grids in the US would be kaput and things would be dire after that. The whole EMP or cyberattack threat on our electricity supply strikes me as our Achilles heel. Then there’s the threat of solar flares. I just wish we would harden our entire infrastructure against such threats. The stupidity of our congress never ceases to amaze me.

9. avatar Steve P says:

Allegiance Ammo doesn’t even have this round on their website. Way to launch a new product. I’ll stick with Sierra 110gr Varmint HP.

10. avatar 1919a6 says:

I use .308 a lot and it would be nice to fire without having to put a hole in my barn or 60,000 dollar tractors. If it dumps all it’s energy in bad guy chances are they are not getting up vest or not. A baseball bat doesn’t need to penetrate to put you down

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

“If it dumps all it’s energy in bad guy chances are they are not getting up vest or not.”
      Maybe not with just a vest, but I’ve seen guys take full on 7.62X51 and 7.62X54R rounds to the chest or back plate and stay standing. I’ve never seen it take anyone out of the fight. A plate really spreads out the energy.

11. avatar Kroglikepie says:

Federal Fusion MSR 150gr. Affordable, accurate, and effective through light barriers.

12. avatar Old Region Fan says:

Can anyone say “Ballistic tip” ?

13. avatar Brandon Dunnegan says:

Well looks like I found a new deer cartridge. What’s the price per box on this?

14. avatar Claudio Dominguez says:

If you want pure energy transfer and no over penetration for home defence 12 guage slugs are the best hands down.

15. avatar 1919a6 says:

Mr Taylor
    Thank You for your reply. I believe and trust your experience and wisdom.