Occasional .9mm Digest: Murder, Theft, Negligent Discharge and More

Gun control advocates continue to rail against “assault weapons.” They consider “easy access” to “military-style rifles” a particularly egregious public safety threat. And yet most bad guys use handguns because of their concealabilty (the guns not the bad guys). The ultra concealable .9mm seems to be one of their faves. Here’s proof . . .

Police identify couple found shot dead in pickup  –

The New Mexico State Police identified the people whose bodies were found with gunshot wounds last week. NMSP said Jacob Kokotkiewicz, 31, and Ursula Tammy Kokotkiewicz, 32, were a married couple from Flower Mound, Texas.

An officer directing traffic discovered their bodies Thursday after a hazmat incident on Interstate I-40 near mile marker 126.

Police said Jacob was found sitting in the driver seat with a .9mm handgun between his legs and Ursula Tammy was sitting in the front passenger seat.

Over $100 thousand stolen from Toledo Teachers Credit Union –

On Friday morning around 8:45, police received information of a burglary at the Toledo Teachers Credit Union situated in the Bella Vista Village, Toledo District.

Police visited the scene where cops saw a wooden door with its metal shutter and steel burglar bars damaged.

Further inspection inside the building revealed the building’s metal safe was damaged and opened.

Approximately US $7,088.00 US; $116,575.40, a .9mm Glock hand gun with a magazine and a Maverick brand pump action 12 gauge shotgun.

Reputed gang boss pleads guilty to sharing gun range trip on Instagram –

An employee at the range said one of the two women he went with rented a Glock 19C .9mm handgun, which Spann loaded for them as the trio took turns shooting, prosecutors said.

“Yea this the type of s— I do with my b—— so why n—–’s chase p—- I’m chasing loyalty and [money bag emoji],” Spann wrote in a caption for one video.

Three shooting incidents occurred in Myrtle Beach Sunday, according to report –

According to the report, Myrtle Beach police responded to a public restroom on Withers Alley on June 18, around 3:15 p.m. in reference to a call about a shot fired. No one was injured, but the caller told Myrtle Beach police he was in the restroom when someone fired a gun.

The caller ran out of the restroom and had a bystander call 911. The report states a witness also heard the gunshot and when she turned towards the restroom, she saw the caller run out of the restroom along with two juveniles who were carrying skateboards. The witness told police the two juveniles “seemed ‘suspicious’ and left the scene quickly on foot,” the report states.

When police arrived, officers cleared the restroom and located a .9mm shell casing.

BELOIT MAN ACCUSED IN JANESVILLE HOMICIDE PLEADS NOT GUILTY IN COURT –

Witnesses interviewed by Janesville police claim McKnight and Jones had argued loudly before the shooting, according to the criminal complaint. They claim to have heard multiple gunshots fired outside the home before Jones returned inside with severe injuries, the complaint said. Police later recovered four shell casings and two non-fired rounds of .9mm ammunition in the area.

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

I want me one of them .9mm’s. They seem to piss off the anti gun people and the msm………wait, that’s redundent.

2. avatar Kenneth Davis says:

Why the decimal point in front of the 9mm?

1. avatar MGD says:

They’re trying to show that the media doesn’t know anything about guns. A person in my town was killed by a .12 gauge shotgun. That must have been a hell of a blast!

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Ignorant on guns, ignorant on what a millimeter is, and that’s just the beginning.

1. avatar Wiregrass says:

Exactly, even if they are ignorant about caliber designations, a little knowledge about the metric system should tip them off, but what passes for journalists these days aren’t required to have the least amount of familiarity with science, math, or technology.

2. avatar binder says:

And why would reporters be any different than the average American?

2. avatar Mercury says:

So one of these then?

The guy on the receiving end must have been really distracted to not notice the bad guy wheeling that up.

2. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Doesn’t understand how the metric system works…???

3. avatar Code3Patriot says:

Gotta watch out for them point-nines!

4. avatar MGD says:

The .9mm is very hard to see and loading it requires a magnifying glass and tweezers.

1. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

Try loading those .45mm mags!

1. avatar Whoreson Beast says:

It is “CLIPS” people–you know all the spooky black rifles and .9mm’s have clips and hand thingys, scopes, and those scary laser things they aim at your head, and silencers — yeah so you can’t hear them when they shoot off a whole clip…

1. avatar Joe3 says:

KLIPAZINES, plez!

2. avatar TrappedInCommiefornia says:

If you put a silencer on a .9mm it may actually go “pew-pew” like in the movies.

5. avatar racer88 says:

You guys can have the .9-mm guns. I’m sticking with my 1911 Colt 45-mm.

1. avatar jwm says:

You can’t see it right now, but I’m tipping my hat to you.

2. avatar Robb says:

Do you carry that OWB?

1. avatar DaveL says:

As in “On Wheel Barrow?”

1. avatar RidgeRunner says:

nice

3. avatar RJB says:

Ahh yes, nothing better than holding one of my purdy DW 1911 45’s.

6. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

I sure hope the ATF doesn’t find out about my 3006 mm fully semi-automatic battle assault weapon.

1. avatar MyName says:

For serious fire power I suggest stepping up to the 4570 mm.

2. avatar great unknown says:

How many 10 ft cartridges does it hold?
      And yes, I don’t care what it looks like; I would agree with the lefties that that is an assault gun.

3. avatar Hank says:

Just wait till they find out about the full auto break action!

1. avatar MyName says:

Kinda like the assault muzzle loader.

I never realized that the .9mm was so deadly. No wonder the leftards want them off the streets.

1. avatar racer88 says:

Don’t scoff at the .9-mm. It’s all about shot placement.

8. avatar former water walker says:

A whole digest consisting of .9mm? Mmmkay…?

9. avatar Hank says:

TTAG should put together a study and actually make and test a .9mm round just for shits and giggles.

1. avatar Joe R. says:

Use a jello cup for ballistic gelatin penetration tests, just to keep the scale right. Note “fragmentation” of the extremely thin jacketing.

That would be a great idea though. Think of the mag capacity. . .

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Doing a mag dump might not cause life-threatening injuries to the Bad Guy, but he would be seriously annoyed at you.

10. avatar Mike Betts says:

If you think a .32 caliber is a puny round, wait until you get a load of that .032 caliber ammo. It doesn’t go “Bang”; it goes “pew”.

11. avatar RCC says:

I got to try a .167 (4.25 mm) German Liliput years back and was good for maybe 10 feet.
    Don’t think .9 mm would be very useful

Would have been great for weight when I carried sub machine gun plus 6 by 35 round magazines and a radio back in the 70’s

12. avatar ORCON says:

But they’re incredibly deadly, all you have to do is point it at somebody and with one trigger pull *gun noises* you can shoot an entire 30 round belt-fed magazine clip. It’s insane!

I just noticed — that S&W in the picture isn’t just a .9mm, it’s a .9mm Compact! Wow!

1. avatar jwm says:

Chambered in .9mm it would just about have to be a compact. And massively overbuilt at that.

2. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

Should have gone with the Beretta .92!

14. avatar million says:

I carry an extra mag because 170 rounds of .9mm might not be enough.. 340 at least.

15. avatar slow joe crow says:

In the real world, .9mm is a large caliber mechanical pencil, although experienced users prefer the more precise .5mm lead.

Do these media clowns ever do any research, even Wikipedia is more accurate.

1. avatar Hank says:

Right! .9mm is for the uneducated FUDDs!!! The future is .5mm!!!

1. avatar Adub says:

You guys are weenies. Everybody knows you need a .10mm gun. Anything less will just bounce off. That’s why I carry a Glock .20 SF.

16. avatar anonymoose says:

Watching the local news last night, I noticed the caption “Prime Minster Thersea May.” News organizations seem to be having trouble with this “spelling” thing and this newfangled concept of “integrity” and “honesty,” and yet Cox Media laid off my mom last June after 30 years of service in favor of slave-workers in Austin who work remotely (she still believes he Left-wing media brainwashing unfortunately).

17. avatar Gregolas says:

THEY’RE EVERYWHERE !
    THEY’RE EVERYWHERE !

18. avatar rt66paul says:

Even a full size .9mm handgun would get lost in my pocket. I guess they should bring back change purses for men. Putting one in my watch pocket in my jeans just got it caught in the seam. I tryed hooking it to my keychain, but the perfect scale lanyard would snap when the keys got pulled from my pocket. The Glock was plastic and it kept cracking if i used my fingers to hold it, the mag had to be extra thick just for structural integrety, but then the whole handgun had to be 3 times as thick and was totally out of scale.

The real downside for anti-gunners is that even with a pair of my wife’s silk unmentionables, it just didn’t print when she carried it. Beware of Kydex, though. The Glock will collapse before it releases.

19. avatar TrueBornSonofLiberty says:

I bet Labar Spann is plenty triggered he self-snitched. That day at the range lead to all sorts of felony charges, including witness tampering. The prosecutors are shooting for 70 years. I’ll be thrilled if they manage to get anywhere near that target.

1. avatar Big Bill says:

” The prosecutors are shooting for 70 years.”
      I see what you did there.

20. avatar Kaban says:

Holy sh**, I hope those .9mm Glock mags were legal? I mean, think a hundred or so rounds fitting in G19’s handle! The horror! Mass shooting waiting to happen!

21. avatar Hannibal says:

Why do they even bother? It’s not like any of their audience knows what the difference between calibers means anyway. Just say “handgun” and spare yourselves from looking like idiots to anyone who owns one.

22. avatar Illinois_Minion says:

Does a .9mm warrant a Silencer?

Should I use .9mm +P+ G2 loads? Or one of those armor piercing loads?

23. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

“With a string of felony convictions dating back to 1996, Labar Spann wasn’t lawfully allowed to handle a weapon when he went to Midwest Sporting Goods in Lyons on Sept. 14, 2014, according to a statement from the U.S. attorney’s office.

But Spann, a one-time leader of the Four Corner Hustlers street gang who goes by “Bro Man,” posted a series of videos to his Instagram profile, showing people inside the range with gunshots heard in the background, prosecutors said.”

Instragram posts always be trippin’ up the hardcore G’s. It’s the filters, yo!

24. avatar AndyinMA says:

I always carry a .9 while hiking, it is the best ammo for stopping a bear.

25. avatar jimmy james says:

As for the “shootings” in MB, SC. Well it is summer and MB is a stink hole yankee magnet. Thank god there is a border and sea wall between them and us.

26. avatar M. James says:

Virtually all modern firearms have their roots based on military firearms designs dating over 100 plus years.

So the claim of ‘military style’ evil black ‘high capacity’ vs standard capacity etc etc is unfounded.

27. avatar G says:

The guy who called 911 was probably the one who accidentally shot off that 9mm in the bathroom lol. “It was those damn skater kids, i swear”.

28. avatar El Duderino says:

.9mm! Those half grain JHP slugs sure tear ’em up.