National Association for Gun Rights: Jeff Sessions’ Potential Replacement Is A Gun Rights Nightmare

Excerpted from National Association for Gun Rights email blast:

Reports are claiming that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is on his way out the door. The current reports claim that former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is Trump’s top pick for a replacement– and that’s terrible news to anyone who believes in the Second Amendment.

Giuliani spent years leading the radical left’s crusade against the Second Amendment, working with anti-gun zealot Sarah Brady’s Handgun Control, Inc.

He backs federal gun licensing, the Clinton semi-auto ban, and he even helped invent the strategy of filing frivolous liability lawsuits against firearm manufacturers. Not to mention his unconstitutional belief that even law-abiding gun owners should be “stopped and frisked” for any reason whatsoever.

The Attorney General is the highest ranking law enforcement official in our country. The last thing we need is a gun grabber in that position, and if we don’t remind President Trump of Giuliani’s gun control past, we just might get one.

As much as Giuliani may attempt to downplay his past radical gun control support, his current positions are more in step with Chuck Schumer than with President Trump.

His latest reported policy position was to allow states and localities to pass radical gun bans at the local level. Could you imagine having to check the gun control laws in every single city you travel through in order to ensure that none of your guns will be illegal?

That’s the world that Rudy Giuliani envisions for you.

Giuliani has spent his entire career working alongside gun grabbers, being instrumental in passing many of the gun control laws that plague our country today. He once even headlined a Handgun Control Inc. press conference standing alongside Senator Chuck Schumer and James Brady.

Giuliani’s gun control past is so well known that then-President Bill Clinton sent him a note praising him on his work to pass the 1994 “Assault Weapons” Ban.

Clinton wrote:

Thank you very much for your efforts on behalf of H.R. 4296, the assault weapons ban . . . With your support and encouragement, the U.S. House of Representatives took a critical step toward getting assault weapons off the streets, out of neighborhoods, and out of the hands of criminals.

Being surrounded by high-ranking advisors, many playing political games, it is sometimes hard for Trump to hear the people who elected him. That’s why flooding his office with these petitions [click here] is absolutely crucial.

comments

1. avatar John E> says:

Much ado about nothing, for the simple fact Sessions will not be booted as a new nominee will never get thru the nomination hearings. Giuliani specifically has way too many skeletons…

1. avatar Flubnut says:

Recess appointment, assuming he can find a loophole(s) that the Dems are already frantically looking to plug.

Personally, I think Trump and his inner circle love creating non-existent drama stories for the media to pounce on. Keeps the headlines off the “actual” work they are doing in the background.

1. avatar Lance Manion says:

I’d say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

1. avatar Mike in OK says:

It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that I just don’t care.

2. avatar Old Ben turning in grave says:

“I think Trump and his inner circle love creating non-existent drama stories for the media to pounce on”

I hope you are right. I’d really like to think this is true.

3. avatar Stinkeye says:

“…the ‘actual’ work they are doing in the background.”

That must be some deep background, because from where I’m sitting, it doesn’t look like they’re getting much “actual work” done.

4. avatar Hank says:

I doubt that. Sessions was the very first Trump supporter. Trump turning on him means there’s probably some real problems in the admin. I’d hate to say it but I have a feeling Trumps not going to get a damn thing done. No wall. No pro gun legislation. No bye bye to Obamacare. Maybe the only thing we’ll get is good SCOTUS justices.

1. avatar TStew says:

…and if the SCOTUS judges is all he can get done, that’s good enough for me and why I voted for him.

5. avatar Pat. H says:

It’s the Republicans who have a way to prevent recess appointments. They stopped president Obama from making recess appointments by technically never going into recess.

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“It will be interesting to see if they would do the same thing to Trump just to keep him from firing Jeff Sessions.”

Interesting idea.

Works inside the paradigm that the entire theater is not left/right, Dem/Repub, Lib/Con.
          The war is between inside the club, and the outsider who somehow manipulated an invite.

2. avatar Tim says:

Lindsey Graham, the grizzled, tranny from South Carolina, says that ain’t gonna happen on her watch.

1. avatar Bohica says:

Damn… I almost spewed a cup of coffee on my phone when I read that!

3. avatar anonymoose says:

Need we remind you of Donald Trump’s gun control-loving past? Some people can change their opinions, but Rudy will almost certainly screw us.

1. avatar Jake says:

Gun rights are not a priority for Trump. I received a survey he sent polling priorities for 15 or so issues. Gun rights were not mentioned in the entire mailing.

So, not in his top 15 priorities, not even on his radar.

4. avatar Timao Theos says:

All i know is every time i got to WallyWorld for groceries i’m buying as much 22lr as i can afford, bring on the next panic…lol

2017 will be known as the year you need to buy as much ammo and as many guns as you can, mark my words.

5. avatar Vhyrus says:

Jeff Sessions may be good on gun rights but his stance on civil asset forfeiture should horrify every person here.

1. avatar The Punisher says:

I would also add marijuana prohibition…

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

Not every person is on board with drug legalization, which I may not agree with but I at least understand. CAF is so far beyond the pale of due process though that it is simply indefensible.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Having the cops just take your stuff, with ZERO recourse….

Makes me mean…..

2. avatar Snatchums says:

It is simply unconstitutional

3. avatar Roymond says:

Unless you can find in the Constitution a clear statement giving the federal government authority over what people put in their bodies for fun, you certainly ought to be “on board with drug legalization”.

2. avatar Old Ben turning in grave says:

Agreed. Though Sessions has done considerable good on other issues. That doesn’t excuse his position on government sanctioned theft. But compared to Holder, Lynch, or anyone Hillary would have nominated…

I expected a mixed bag from the Trump admin. So far, that’s exactly what we have gotten.

3. avatar Hannibal says:

Yeah but this is a comparison piece, and absolutely nothing tells me Rudy would be any less interested in using the practice… from the NY Times:

“That is the model chosen by Mr. Giuliani, a former Federal prosecutor, in his aggressive new campaign against drunken driving in New York City. While state laws in New York and more than 20 other states permit the police to confiscate the cars of repeat offenders, Mr. Giuliani has upped the ante. He ordered officers to seize the cars of first-time offenders, and then said that even if a driver is ultimately acquitted of the criminal charge, the city might still pursue permanent confiscation of the car in civil court.”

6. avatar George K. Reed says:

Donald Trump has a position?

1. avatar Det. Nick Valentine says:

Whatever he sees on Fox or Twitter that sounds good to him at the time.

7. avatar Snatchums says:

Am I the only one who read that letter from Bill Clinton in his own voice?

8. avatar Sam I Am says:

There was a reason Trump did not pick Giuliani, first time around. (we just don’t knkow what it was)

Sessions presents an interesting quandary, he is the bulldog Trump is looking for regarding immigration. Wonder if there is anyone else who would have lead the attack on MS-13? (history says no one)

9. avatar Hannibal says:

Sessions is the best fit for Trump’s agenda… or he would be except for the fact that Sessions won’t actively help cover up potential crimes of Trump’s inner-circle.

10. avatar Wiregrass says:

Trump has painted himself into a corner twitting and whining about Sessions. I’m not too crazy about Sessions because he believes in continuing the fruitless drug war against legal pot and loves civil asset forfeiture without being charged with a crime but he did the right thing with the recusal. And I do like that he is taking on the gangs. Trump needs to STFU and learn to just deal with it.

11. avatar The Gray Poseur says:

Fake news

12. avatar former water walker says:

Gee I don’t like either one. They’re both pricks out to screw people. It could be worse-Chrispy Cream from NJ would be worse. I completely agree with stocking up-this lull won’t last???

13. avatar Jay in Florida says:

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. avatar Jimmy Bob says:

Jeff Sessions is a moron and Giuliani is a moron too. To hell with them both.

15. avatar rammerjammer says:

Are Trump supporters finally figuring out that he is a con man and they are his marks?

He played you people like a fiddle and now he can try to do everything he has wanted because he has been given a pass on everything up to this point. Trump could care less about what you want or think.

1. avatar The Gray Poseur says:

No, I have not yet figured out that Trump is a con man.

2. avatar Sam I Am says:

I knew who/what Trump was/is from the start. Quite simply and definitively……

He IS not Hilary !!

3. avatar Hank says:

Actually, he can’t do anything. Precisely because the GOP opposes him as much as the DNC does. Love him or hate him, this is fact. I don’t see much of any real change during the Trump admin.

4. avatar Mike in OK says:

I voted for him because Hillary would have been worse, and because I wanted to see the commies…I mean liberals lose their shit. So I’ve already gotten everything I hoped for from a Trump presidency. Any good he does is just bonus.

1. avatar Old Ben turning in grave says:

“I wanted to see the commies…lose their shit”

That, at the very least, has been richly entertaining. I get a warm, happy glow every time I see some leftist melt down.

16. avatar T Shane says:

It would be hard to find a worst AG than Sessions but Giuliani would fit the bill.

17. avatar Just Someguy says:

This was the risk of selecting Trump. He doesn’t know or care much about anything except for his ego and Eastern European mail-order brides.

It won’t be Rudy. His company has too many ties to Russia, and only Democrats can have ties to Russia.

19. avatar glenux says:

Jeff Sessions’ Potential Replacement Is A Gun Rights Nightmare.
    That’s his problem.