17 Shot At Little Rock, Arkansas Nightclub

“More than a dozen people were shot in Little Rock, Arkansas, after a dispute broke out at a nightclub concert,” usatoday.com reports, “At least 17 people were shot after gunfire broke out during the concert, Little Rock police chief Kenton Buckner said in a statement. One person was in critical condition. The youngest person shot is 16-years-old, Buckner added.” Wait . . .

What’s a 16-year-old doing in the Power Ultra Lounge at 2am? Watching a concert by the artist Finese2Tymes! Finese by name, not by nature. But what do I know? Except that going to a concert by an artist who taunts potential assassins in a video — and on the official poster for the gig — may not be the best idea for anyone.

The mainstream media tells us that the PUC shooting was triggered by an unknown dispute. One Facebook reviewer kinda saw it coming: “Why does this place even exist?! It’s another if the same kind of place as Envy, just *guessing* probably less prostitution going on at this one, but that doesn’t make up for the shootings.”

comments

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Man, that video had it *all*.

He just got out of jail, had a refreshing ‘Purple Drank’ beverage, a nice cannabis smoke, and contemplated ‘busting a cap’ in someone’s ass who obviously had it coming to them. Because disrespect.

Oh, yeah – About the concert shooting.

17 shot and none died? The state of marksmanship in this country today is a disgrace…

1. avatar Wiregrass says:

Well if they finesse a rifle the way Finese does, I wouldn’t be too surprised about the marksmanship.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

Well, what do you know!

There’s crappy smartphone video of the shooting!

Anyone want to come up with a shot count?

1. avatar CLarson says:

It sounds like several people opening fire at same time, then trading shots, then more distant pot shots. I guess that black on black violence statistic is just going to climb higher. Well these people chose to be there so whatever floats their boat.

1. avatar n64456 says:

Locals are saying that the esteemed “Mr Finese’s” (or is it “Mr. 2Tymes”) onstage/backstage entourage joined in the action……

3. avatar uncommon_sense says:

17 shot and none died?

That is the natural result of gunshots to random locations on bystanders’ bodies.

Gun grabbers often claim that we are guaranteed to kill several bystanders if we use a handgun for self-defense in a crowd (and government should therefore ban firearms in crowds). This is a FANTASTIC real world counterexample.

We have several actual examples of spree-killers or terrorists unleashing their attacks on crowded venues of unarmed people and killing a dozen or more. Now we have a counterexample which shows that a full-on gunfight in a crowd did not cause a single death. I’ll take 17 wounded survivors over 12 dead people every time.

Saying it another way, multiple armed defenders and 17 wounded bystanders is a FAR BETTER reality than universal disarmament and 12 dead people. And I will go to my grave defending that conclusion.

1. avatar Jean-Claude says:

That’s only because the shooters weren’t aiming. I guarantee you every single one of them held their pistols sideways, yelled “BREAK YO SELF, FOOL”, and punched with the pistol as they jerked the trigger.

Poor marksmanship abounds with this demographic.

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Jean-Claude,

Your comment makes no sense.

What I am saying:
          (a) Two or more people sprayed bullets into a crowd without the intent to murder bystanders in the crowd. At least 22 bystanders sustained gunshot wounds and the hospital/s expect all of the wounded bystanders to survive.
          (b) An armed defender who returns fire on a terrorist or spree killer cannot possibly do any worse.
          (c) An UNOPPOSED terrorist or spree killer is guaranteed to kill dozens which is MUCH WORSE.

Therefore:
          (d) Gun grabbers who claim that there will be fewer deaths in a terrorist or spree-killer attack if everyone is unarmed are DEMONSTRABLY WRONG.

2. avatar Button Gwinnet says:

You guarantee, huh?

Have you ever fired an autoloader held sideways? You tend to get FTE and stovepiping. I strongly suspect (not GUARAN-DAMN-TEE!) that they were held properly, as from the audio it appears that there were no malfunctions.

4. avatar Mark N. says:

That’s what he was saying? Huh.

2. avatar Richard McGannon, Esq. says:

Did anyone check to see if the shooter had a permit for his gat? Or did he just get away and no one knows for sure.

3. avatar J says:

That flyer is the absolute height of irony.

“Yo mang, i didn’t think the muthafucka would actually brang one!”

1. avatar Model 31 says:

Yeah, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen “$30” and “VIP Tickets” on the same page before today.

4. avatar Gregolas says:

“…and my Daddy said, “Son, don’t go stupid places, with stupid people, doin’ stupid things’.”

5. avatar Jon in CO says:

This is what passes for modern hip hop these days. It’s absolute shit. I would need some purple just to understand what the hell is being said.

“You know what made Dre so successfull? He’s rapping about big screen tv’s, blunts, 40’s, and bitches…”

1. avatar strych9 says:

Am I to assume that the main content in this gentleman’s vocal arrangements centers on homosexuals and Vicodin?

1. avatar Jack Crow says:

More like codeine, and I am sure homosexuality is referenced in his songs. Never heard a single one, but I would bet a lot that homosexuality is used as a reference/slur in there somewhere.

1. avatar J says:

Undacova brothas

2. avatar Jon in CO says:

Someone followed. My point really was just that at least rappers once had some talent and just rapped about living the high life. Money and girls and tv’s and bling and nice cars. This? I don’t get it. I can’t understand it, let alone get the message.

(I’m not saying Marshall was the greatest thing ever, but that LP was solid.)

6. avatar Ironhead says:

Unknown dispute?????
    Oh for f*cks sake…. we all know what the dispute was.
    One moron didnt like the color of some other morons short.

1. avatar Robb says:

Looked at his girl. Bumped into him. Spilled a drink on him. Hated him since middle school. Etc. Etc. Etc.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

nah, much more likely to be gang related than just regular bullshit.

7. avatar Button Gwinnet says:

The evidence is clear: Crime and violence are the proximate cause of rap.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“The evidence is clear: Crime and violence are the proximate cause of rap.”

And alcoholism and wife-beating are the proximate cause of Country & Western music?

(Sorry, man, I just couldn’t pass that one up… 🙂 )

1. avatar Daily Beatings says:

No it’s alcoholism and the wife leaving your drunk ass with the pickup truck and the dog that are the proximate cause of Country & Western music.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

I defer to your superior knowledge of that ‘culture’…

2. avatar Klause Von Schmitto says:

I’m gonna whoop your ass.

I love you man.

I’m gonna whoop your ass motherfucker.

I’m sorry man. I love you man.

8. avatar Stinkeye says:

“For tickets or VIP/table reservation contact Dunna Davis + Knocky + Nate Da African”

Fucking priceless.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Ironically they didn’t take MasterCard.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

That’s because *MASTER* Card is racist…

1. avatar Mark Kelly's Diapered Drooling Ventriloquist's Dummy Says "I went poopy:" says:

LOL!

2. avatar Li02librty says:

Was thinking the same thing!

9. avatar TRUTH says:

VIP tables come with complimentary Hi-Points with missing front sights, loaded with special edition Tula 9mm and no place for your support hand so that your hands can remain on your underdeveloped crotch.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

The VIP section has an additional 50 rounds of Tula in an ashtray on each table.

Think along the lines of freebie salty popcorn and in-the-shell peanuts in bars…

2. avatar Nanashi says:

I’ve actually been curious about the ammo gangbangers use for a while. Any studies showing they actually choose the cheapest stuff? There’s plenty of stuff that says they like cheap handguns, but I can’t find anything on ammo besides caliber (beyond one small sample by an evidence room cop that only distinguishes between FMJ, hollow point and wrong ammo with no mention of steel or brand).

I wouldn’t doubt it, but it’s nice to have evidence over an assumption.

1. avatar anonymoose says:

My rapper friend likes Critical Defense for his G19.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

welp, there’s all the empirical evidence anyone could ask for

2. avatar Accur81 says:

I’ve recovered a lot of guns loaded with Tula, Amercan Eagle, and no-name garbage ammo. Mostly FMJs, at that. A lot of these gangbangers don’t even fully load their mags.

People like us use HST, Critical Defense, and Gold Dot. Bangers often use crappy old FMJs.

10. avatar former water walker says:

17 shot-none dead…are we supposed to lament the lack of marksmanship?!? Call in the NRA?

11. avatar jwm says:

Fucking amateur. One guy in Manchester killed 22 and wounded how many? And he didn’t fire a shot.

1. avatar CesCalifornia Richard says:

Ya but that terrorist struck his intended target (little girls going to a concert). If these guys were any good there would only be one or two dead guys. This isnt a mass shooting, its two small groups of drunk idiots with guns, surrounded by a larger group of drunk idiots who want to watch “the show”. I say the larger group of idiots (who ate most of the bullets) had it coming because they didn’t clear out when the writing was on the wall….. the girls at the Ariana Grande concert never saw it comming.

On a more morbid note, a real pro would do a cost/benefit analysis like: box cutter + airplane = 3000 killed, 2x sky scrapers toppled, military head quarters hit, air mass transit/government/banks shutdown…. or: bobtail truck + Bastille Day = 86 dead…… these idiots at the rap show are on the far end of that aweful spectrum.

12. avatar strych9 says:

Some Jedi Mind Tricks shit IRL right there.

“Don’t be scared- Be prepared for the worst
    Before I let a whole round of shots burst
    You the opening act so rock first
    Trust me, multiple shots from Glocks hurt…”

13. avatar tjlarson2k says:

So a concert celebrating a stupid lifestyle and poor life choices attracts stupid people and stupid activities ensue.

Why is anyone surprised?

14. avatar Other Chris says:

I’m so triggered by him holding the rifle right handed and somehow forcing his left eye over to the sight. Nevermind the fact the stock is on his throat or reflex sights are meant to be used two eyes open. Just cranking your head over to use the wrong eye drives me crazy….

1. avatar J says:

The beamz man, them beamz…….

2. avatar anonymoose says:

It’s obviously an AR pistol, not a stocked AR. Rifle-pistol-things are popular in the rap community right now, especially Dracos.

3. avatar DaveL says:

Well, the whole “holding the gun sideways at an odd angle” thing is way overdone, he needed something fresh.

15. avatar CLarson says:

I suspect the clientele’s propensity for random acts of violence is part of the draw of the Power Ultra Lounge. Wretched hive of scum and villainy and all that. I bet their customer traffic increases unless the state or lawsuits shut them down. They are infamous now after all.

1. avatar CesCalifornia Richard says:

Why does it exist?…. because there is a comerical demand and we live in a free’ish market society.

16. avatar neiowa says:

Black lives is no longer a thing? Or just applies to cops and notblacks?

Candles and protesting/riots this afternoon.

17. avatar Vincent says:

Alright…who threw the chair?

1. avatar Hannibal says:

I endorse the reference.

18. avatar Stoney Man says:

More low IQ types behaving predictably.

Literally the “3 stupid” rule in living color.

19. avatar matty 9 says:

This is why we avoid stupid people doing stupid things in stupid groups at stupid places.

No rap concerts in my house=no gang shootings in my house!

20. avatar AFGus says:

Forced myself to start watching the video…got to about the 30 second mark. Still shaking my head…..still shaking my head.

21. avatar former water walker says:

TWENTYFIVE now reported SHOT…

1. avatar former water walker says:

Up to 28…can we make it THIRTY?!?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Up to 28…can we make it THIRTY?!?”

The concert audience was so buzzed by the contact high they didn’t realize they were shot until the next afternoon?

Whoa!

Must be some serious nice smoke up in Little Rock…

Don’t think of it as an evil mass shooting. Think of it as a laudable attempt to thin the herd.

1. avatar Klause Von Schmitto says:

Herd? I’m pretty sure that’s called a troop.

23. avatar Rimfire says:

Gives a new meaning to taking “pot shots” too . Oh Ralph, thinning the herd, wish I said it first; you always win!!

24. avatar DaProf says:

To those anti-gunners who say “so much for that one good guy with a gun stopping bad guys” …. in Arkansas you can’t carry into any place that serves alcohol.
    Just like Pulse in Orlando, Florida.

So “good guys with guns” were prohibited from carrying at the event.

Of course, in this event, I’m thinking it has more to do with the culture of Rap than anything else.

1. avatar Ronald says:

Not true. You can’t carry into any non-restaurant that serves alcohol. You can carry in restaurants that serve.

25. avatar Libertarian says:

2018 white the enhanced permit bar/51% sections get legal in arkansas but the state have very weak defense laws