Texas Coffee Company Plans to Cater to Second Amendment Supporters

A veteran-owned coffee shop that caters to Second Amendment Supporters and armed customers is hoping to open in 2018. So far it’s only a web site with an online store that sells ground coffee and T-shirts.

But this isn’t just a for-profit endeavor. Here is a description of the proposed enterprise:

To us, Operator Coffee is more than a coffee shop, it’s a cause. We are a group of airborne veterans, special operations veterans, and active members of the shooting community. The idea for Operator Coffee was born out of a love for quality coffee and the desire for a way to get veterans and shooters together. When veterans leave the military it is easy for depression to set in. The loss of military and combat brotherhood, combined with a belief in being misunderstood by the civilian world can be overwhelming. With veteran suicide on the rise, we want to create a place for veterans to get together, reestablish that bond, and seek support from brothers and like minded individuals. Operator Coffee isn’t just for vets though, everyone in the 2a community is welcome to join in the fun. Our goal is to become the family favorite for all second amendment supporting citizens. Join us as we build a coffee company that supports the second amendment, veterans, law enforcement, and traditional conservative values.

Who knows? Maybe they’ll rival the VFW (without the requirement that you served overseas). At present, it appears to be another interesting idea seeking financial backing.

©2017 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice and link are included.

comments

1. avatar Captain O says:

This should garner a great deal of business.

1. avatar Tim says:

Keep it < 8$/lb., and I'm 'in'.

2. avatar Logan Anderson says:

Sounds a lot like BRCC, without the huge fanbase (which includes me, hard to start the day without my gunship blend).

1. avatar James says:

At this point I’m not sure what they’re really doing, considering they just sell BRCC…

2. avatar -Peter says:

Yup. black Rifle Coffee Company FTW. My only gripe with them is that they fail to state the exact percentage of their profits they donate to gun rights and/or veterans organizations, or which ones, so I take that part of their sales pitch with a grain of salt. The coffee is great, though.

3. avatar jwtaylor says:

Except they want to be brick and mortar.

1. avatar Mmmtacos says:

BRCC does as well, they stated as much in the past with the hopes of opening several stores by 2018 if I recall correctly.

Maybe this is more along the lines of what they want to do with a place like this, or maybe this is a collaborative effort. Who knows. All I know is I don’t ever go to the Woodlands, but I might make my way over whenever they open up next time I am in Houston.

3. avatar The Punisher says:

Can I still join even if I only support two of their 4 primary causes?

1. avatar The Gray Poseur says:

You don’t really “join” this coffee shop. You either online patronize or invest in this one. Whatever it is. Because it is a guy’s kitchen table at this point.

2. avatar Guardiano says:

Which two DON’T you support?

4. avatar former water walker says:

Coffee for the win! Anything but Starbucks “I’m hiring 10000 aliens”…I doubt I’ll ever see Operator/BRC in Illinois.Operating operationally?

5. avatar Hank says:

“Who knows? Maybe they’ll rival the VFW (without the requirement that you served overseas).”

I’ve always wondered if they would change their name if and when we have another war on home soil.

1. avatar jwm says:

Veterans of “Oh, Shit, those bastards are on Main Street!”

Ain’t as catchy as VFW. I joined the VFW and American Legion when I came home. Drinks was cheap and the barstool therapy was good for the soul.

6. avatar Mike Betts says:

Four cups of “Just Black” and a cigar is the perfect start for my day. And I’m sure Chris Morton will be THRILLED to know that all of the profits from the “Thin Blue Line” BRCC blend go to Blue Lives Matter and the Fraternal Order of Police!

7. avatar BLoving says:

???
    Oh. Wow.
    Okay, I finally figured out what we were looking at on that logo… took a few glances.

1. avatar lightfoot says:

So, what is it? I can’t figure it out.

1. avatar Guardiano says:

It’s a SOF-style low-profile helmet with attached night vision and a Peltor headset, seen from the left side.

1. avatar lightfoot says:

thanks, not having served myself, I’d have no way of knowing.

2. avatar Guardiano says:

The artistic style does make it a little harder to figure out, also.

8. avatar AFGus says:

If their first store does well, I could see this possibly becoming a franchise type operation where Veterans all over the country could open stores….especially in cities and areas that have a large military presence, like here in North Carolina. In the Eastern and South Eastern parts of NC you have Ft. Bragg, Cherry Point, Camp Lejeune, Seymour-Johnson AFB. Might be a good opportunity for Veterans looking to run their own businesses after they separate/retire.

9. avatar jwm says:

I’ll buy stock if they change the company name to “Operator As F*ck Coffee.”

1. avatar BLoving says:

Let’s be reasonable: O.A.F. is a flavor of coffee – not the company.

10. avatar lightfoot says:

I like the franchise concept. However, don’t think being near a large military concentration is going to be a big plus for business, as these active duty personnel are not paid well enough to partake in such luxury as expensive coffee.

The target (pun intended) market will turn out to be the same as those who frequent 5-Bucks, Bigby’s & my personal favorite, Tim Hortons, with emphasis on 2A support.

Also, it takes at least a couple hundred grand to properly open any fast food store, even more for a simple coffee shop like Tim’s due to it’s extremely high popularity.

Most retired service personnel & especially younger folks separating after a shorter 4-8 year stint, don’t have the kind of funding needed to start something like this from scratch.

However, assuming this takes off, the way I think it has potential to do so, the earlier you get in, the lower the cost (of the franchise itself), and the more profit the Franchisee will realize.

1. avatar Guardiano says:

Enlisted dudes spend tons of money at the Starbucks franchises in almost every PX. If you don’t think enlisted soldiers spend money on frivolties like expensive coffee, you don’t know any.

1. avatar lightfoot says:

ok, I get it. Now that I think of it, when my son was stationed at Pearl Harbor, he often commented about having to pay $9 bucks for a Big Mac.

1. avatar Guardiano says:

You’re good, and I hope you didn’t take the tone of my comment as insulting. It was more just me internally laughing at the idea of an 11B E4 NOT spending 10 dollars on a triple-shot espresso monster coffee drink. When I was a company commander in the 10th Mountain, I had a Soldier buy a 4-year old pimped-out Silverado with an auto loan at a 22-percent APR. Lower enlisted Soldiers have almost no expenses (lodging, food, insurance, all paid for) so they tend to spend a ton of money. It’s not uncommon to see an E4 driving a brand-new Camaro, and you just have to close your eyes and pray he got a decent interest rate at the dealership.

11. avatar strych9 says:

I’ll stick with Black Rifle. The wife loves it and it reminds me of hilarious Mat Best internet videos.

1. avatar jwm says:

I don’t even like coffee. But I like those videos.

1. avatar Accur81 says:

I had 4 cups of Just Black during a graveyard shift. During that night, I had two pursuits and had a full beard by the morning. The cool part was the tactical American flag tattoo that coalesced on my left shoulder and a gold / red “Semper Fidelis” emblazoned across my chest.
        I haven’t voted for a single Democrat since my first cup.

Other than screaming at people and making them drop and give me 20 for no apparent reason, it’s been really good stuff.

1. avatar jwm says:

Might be the whole marine nco thing might have something to do with the symptoms you’re showing. Drinking the mud is just a by product of that.

2. avatar Ragnar says:

Drinking BRCC (Silencer Smooth) SS as I write this, in Iraq. In 48 hours, I will be drinking AK in Colorado !

Add me to the list of any veteran coffee (or covfefe) company over Starbucks.

1. avatar jwm says:

Welcome home.

12. avatar ComfortablyNumb says:

Drinking their coffee pretty much makes you an operator, right? Just asking for a friend…I’m already OAF.

13. avatar bobinmi says:

I think that we are nearing the point of saturation with the “operator” stuff. I see it all going the way of Affliction shirts and Tapout brand in the next couple years.

14. avatar Evey259 says:

I generally dislike 2A pandering (something about it feels very disingenuous most of the time,) but I’m glad they are helping out veterans. Who knows, maybe it will cause a small curtailing of suicides locally. If so, that’s good.