Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Mrowe

More calls this gear his “creature comforts.” OK, but we’d call them must-haves. See what he’s carrying at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar BLoving says:

A realistic pocket dump is always appreciated.
    But I do wonder where his phone and wallet is…

2. avatar YaDaddy says:

I sincerely hope that he got the Galloway Precision trigger kit for that BG380…

…and I would just as sincerely hope that he wasn’t the person that had to install it.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

$98!

I did a trigger job on my revolver for like $20 but that trigger for the BG costs about half of what the gun is valued at used!

1. avatar YaDaddy says:

Yes sir that $98 “tax” on the Galloway trigger upgrade kit sucks almost as much as installing it, but without it you have the worst trigger pull in history. Enough for three guns. My BG380 will be a $600 gun system when I am finished with it and everything around it. S&W should be smacked across the face for that factory trigger, but this gun is the smallest/thinnest gun on the market that feels, operates and acts like a real gun. I’ve owned all the 380 mouse guns and the BG380 with the Galloway trigger is the best compromise of them all.

Watch S&W come out with a normal trigger in a 2.0 version just after I get mine where I want it.

PS – I doubt a homemade trigger job solution would be practical, effective or depenable on this gun.

3. avatar Joel says:

I’ve always liked the BG380 EXCEPT for the trigger. (True double action, last shot hold open, real sights are the three things that I really like)
    I didn’t even know there was an aftermarket replacement. (Though it doesn’t surprise me.)
    I’ve pocket carried a TCP off and on for over 4 years now. It probably has over 2k round count by now and it still runs like a champ. But I would prefer true double action and real sights.

4. avatar The Armed Cleric says:

If you are going to carry a BG, might as well surrender. Worst gun ever!!!! I rather carry a 238!!!!!!!!!!

1. avatar YaDaddy says:

The Sig P238 is an exceptional 380. Had a total of 8 go through my collection. They’re all gone now. As a practical deep carry 380 for up close and personal the S&W Bodyguard 380 is lighter, thinner, more concealable, robust and dependable. Not too mention a better value for the money, considering what you get for the dollar. By the time/dollar I have purchased the complete package for the BG380 I’ve just begun spending on the 238. The Sig is more accurate and comfortable to shoot at the range, but a bit too dainty for the “last resort” role. Great experience though. I have to stop myself from buying a 9th on a regular basis.

1. avatar RidgeRunner says:

Agree that the BG .380 is a great CC gun, for all the reasons you state. Not the best range gun, a little snappy with hot loads, but I don’t own it to be a range gun.

5. avatar Docduracoat says:

Smith and Wesson Bodyguard is a popular choice for concealed carry
    It is a very small and light gun
    The factory trigger is double action only and has a VERY long pull
    It is easy to get off target while pulling back so far
    An aftermarket trigger is a good idea
    I carry wadcutter .380 instead of hollow points in my .380s as hollow point may not reliably penetrate and expand in such an underpowered cartridge

1. avatar YaDaddy says:

Lehigh Defense & Underwood Xtreme penetrator all day long for .380 self defense. Those solid copper bullets brought me back to .380 for the third time.