Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Jhn-Pl Cllmr

Another very pocketable gear complement. Jhn-Pl Cllmr says he lives in New England (that’s as specific as he gets). As to the legality of brass knuckles, be sure to check your local laws before carrying them where you live. See the specifics at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar BLoving says:

Hmm.
    Last time I checked, no knuckles in Texas.
    Stupid law…
    “Sorry, drunk idiot-trying-to-pick-a-fight that I don’t want to risk turning my back to in order to retreat from. The state says I can’t simply knock your intoxicated self out… I can only carry a gun. So now I’ll have to shoot you instead.”

1. avatar Tal says:

You can’t shoot someone for trying to pick a fight with you.

You also can’t hit them for trying to pick a fight.

2. avatar GS650G says:

Call it a bottle opener , not a weapon.

3. avatar rt66paul says:

If you call it a bottle opener, you also had better change the design.

4. avatar Hannibal says:

Brass knuckles… even more ridiculous than people carrying around batons. At least with a baton you could theoretically use it against someone’s leg. The space displayed in a venn diagram where brass knuckles would be both useful AND legal is pretty damn small.

Basically… if you’re at the point where you are legally justified in using a blunt object against someone’s head (that’s what the law will consider it) you’re in a situation where you better hope you have something better than brass knuckles or start running.

I suspect people actually carrying them are doing so as a novelty or as some sort of ‘badass cred’ like the ANTIFA people who brag about it and then run away from any actual resistance.

1. avatar Button Gwinnet says:

It could be a helpful weapon if you decide you must be among stupid people, etc., if those people have a code of non-cooperation with LE.
      Anyway – looks like they’re legal in CO.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Anyway – looks like they’re legal in CO.”

Google tells me knuckles are considered a weapon in Florida and are illegal to own without a concealed carry permit.

I’d rather not be a test case on that, however…

1. avatar Button Gwinnet says:

I have a 100+ year old leather sap that belonged to my G-G-Grandfather. In CO, I can’t carry it even WITH a CHP. I see “keychains” at the gun show that are actually saps – I don’t want to be the test case on that, either.

2. avatar PK says:

“Brass knuckles… even more ridiculous than people carrying around batons”

I carry a baton to scare dogs off, if needed. It works, and I haven’t had to shoot any dogs. Other than that, no, not a whole lot of use for it.

Brass knuckles are even less useful, but I still own some too.

5. avatar skiff says:

In Rhode Island, you would be arrested for possession of brass knuckles, District Court arraignment, loss of pistol permit.

6. avatar Chris Mallory says:

Considered a deadly weapon in Kentucky, covered under the Concealed Deadly Weapons license along with automatic knives.

7. avatar Gregolas says:

Illegal to carry concealed in AL. Carrying unconcealed will raise more eyebrows than open carry of a firearm here. Their use would only be legal against a felony assault. We’re talking about a weapon that can break skulls and jawbones. As said above, awfully narrow spectrum of lawful use.
    Not a good idea.

8. avatar Joaquin says:

Brass knuckles and batons illegal in PA.

9. avatar Komrad says:

what posseses a grown man to carry knuckle dusters, much less admit to it publicly

10. avatar SouthernPhantom says:

Don’t care about legality; they are pointless for nearly every lawful application.

11. avatar Buzz Word says:

I don’t know if the brass knuckles are legal in my state but given their weight, why not just carry a second gun or a big knife? What is the advantage of having brass knuckles over more powerful lethal weapons? If the intent is to go non-lethal, why not substitute pepper spray or a Taser?

12. avatar skiff says:

I don’t believe that Jhn-Pl Cllmr carries brass knuckles. I think that he’s, she’s a drama queen.

13. avatar Russ H says:

Brass knuckles: The stupidest thing ever to carry in your pocket. Maybe a sock with a roll of quarters is worse. Whoops! I needed my pistol but I couldn’t grab it because I had my brass knuckles on…