Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Dee

This is Dee’s “Sunday carry” gear. The only thing missing are the barbecue tongs. See everything at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. All these edc Zippos, but no smokes.

1. avatar Pwrserge says:

Cigars are rather hard to carry in your pocket. I rotate through about a half dozen lighters, but the cigars stay in a humidor.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Cigars are rather hard to carry in your pocket.”

Indeed. I was quite pissed at myself when I crunched a Macanudo.

Belt clip carry those sticks…

2 Finger Smooth Churchill Cigar Case W/Belt Clip

(Also check out other companies what they have for golf course carry…)

1. avatar Pwrserge says:

I prefer TITS.

It also doubles as an emergency blackjack.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

Gotta say I love the acronym…

2. avatar Tim says:

Smoke those stupid field notes.

2. avatar knightofbob says:

I carry a lighter as a non-smoker. I don’t carry a Zippo anymore, because I had to refill it more often than I used it. Now I have a cool, insanely overpriced Japanese butane.

For as little pocket real estate as they take up, I don’t understand why everyone doesn’t at least grab a Bic at the grocery store register. A fire source is definitely one of those “better to have it and not need it” items, especially since there are minimal downsides to carrying one.

1. avatar T-Bob says:

I prefer the micro peanut lighters. You can use almost any flammable fuel in a pinch, though I recommend high quality lighter fluid. http://countycomm.com/collections/fire

1. avatar knightofbob says:

I’m building a basic survival kit to keep in my jacket, and I’m leaning toward a peanut lighter (in addition to a ferro-rod and waterproof matches, and maybe even a waterproof butane) specifically because of being able to fill it with kerosene, diesel, whatever. For EDC, I think I’ll stick with the butane. It’s come in handy more than once, and in situations my Zippo would have failed (and it doesn’t got hot in the hand after being lit for extended periods).

3. avatar jwm says:

I carried a zippo for years after I quit smoking. One afternoon in the break room at work I was fidgeting with it. One of the younger guys says “you don’t smoke. Why the lighter?”

I replied, “You never know when you’re going to need to burn a hootch down. ” Blank stare.

I quit carrying it after that.

1. OK folks – how many actually know what a hootch is . . .googling isn’t fair.

Better yet – how many have seen one?

JWM: – if you have actually had the opportunity to torch a hooch yer too old for that scooter in your avatar. Too old to be working anywhere there is a break room either.

I’m going to the mailbox to look for my SSA check.

1. avatar jwm says:

I’m in my 60’s. The scooter is a joke with me and the missus. The breakroom incident was before I retired the first time. Haven’t actually filed for ssi yet. I got more than one income and my wife is well off. Might get to it in a couple of years.

Hopefully I’ll never feel the need to set a fire again.

2. avatar RidgeRunner says:

Love it. And thank you

2. avatar Concerned_Carry says:

WTF, Dee?!

I guess you haven’t heard the bad news on Field Notes. They were designed by Aaron Draplin, a far Left-Winger who actively bashes gun owners. It angered me listening to this guy smear gun owners but you know what’s worse? It’s to see so many gun owners proudly support him.

Please people, quit giving your money to a man who thinks you’re a mouth-breathing warmonger. There’s better alternatives to Field Notes as long as you’re OK not looking like a hipster.

3. avatar Kaban says:

Rare to see this Sinkevich’s design in a wild. The man definitely takes his beer seriously, carrying two bottle openers just in case 😉

4. avatar Spartan357 says:

Field notes are carried by those people who have something happen that is so important they just have to write it down…. cuz otherwise they might have to use a cellphone or their memory or something

I just don’t get it

5. avatar Joseph says:

Do you think this would come to replace a gun safe?