Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: Danny Burgess

This is what Danny Burgess carries on a Saturday. How does it compare with what you carry on the weekend? See the details at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar BLoving says:

Is that a light? It looks like a pocket spyglass… which would be kinda cool, actually…

1. avatar strych9 says:

I think it’s a container like an ExoTac match holder type thing.

I might be wrong though.

The lettering I can read seems to say “…ATAC” on the top line and “..AA” on the next.

1. avatar premise says:

Maratac flashlight. Google countycomm

1. avatar strych9 says:

Nice. Thanks.

2. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

It’s most likely stainless Damascus steel. A mild acid is used to bring out the pattern. I
      I do that at work all the time.
      I’m building a couple of fixed blade knives at the moment. My sheet of Damascus has a very similar pattern.
      This was supposed to be a reply to Bloving. Not sure what happened.

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

tom bob, that’s an older blade. i don’t think uncle henry or old timer did any damascus stainless.

2. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

how was the sharpfinger’s blade patina’d? maybe it’s wet…
    that sig with those rounds. good stuff.

1. avatar BLoving says:

Not a patina, it appeared to be acid-etched with a bubbly-ish print…

3. avatar jwm says:

Has your vehicle got a zombie green front end?

4. avatar Tim says:

WTF is all that stu…..oh wait…..”field notes”…..

Thank God.

5. avatar RCC says:

I use a sharpfinger when hunting. Had it for over 35 years.

It was my cousins who died of a stroke while out hunting just before his 33rd birthday. Good knife and a way to remember him. His mother who is 90 this year quite happy I’m still using it.

6. avatar Larry says:

Nope not Field Notes , they don’t have a spiral binding like that pad.

I guess TTAG should post more Field Notes pics.

7. avatar Ryan says:

A stroke at 32 that’s sucks, I’m sorry to hear about that but I’m glad you have something to remember him by.
    I purchased a small version of that knife and I had it with me while I was out hunting with my dad and he laughed and showed me the full size version he had that belonged to his dad who passed away, he later gave it to me.

8. avatar Hooty says:

A multitool plus a fixed blade AND a folding pocket knife? What can that pocket knife do that the others can’t?

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

fold.

9. avatar Concerned_Carry says:

Congratulations! You get a star and my respect for not carrying the infamous Field Notes. Collect your prize at the door.

10. avatar RCC says:

Ryan
    He saw several doctors for head aches and migraines just before and they basically said he was imagining thing.

Just reinforces that doctors way more dangerous than firearms

11. avatar Kaban says:

An original PST! Nice.

12. avatar Docduracoat says:

He’s got the Sig 938 with wood grips in a Kydex holster
    The 7 round pinky rest extended magazine in the gun and the 6 round flush fit mag as the reload
    That is a nice rig!
    I don’t even use the 6 round magazines any more ever since I started using a Sig 290 eight round mag in my Sig 938
    I keep 8 rounds in the gun with the 7 rounds as the reload
    Lots of guys keep the smaller magazine in the gun as it pocket carries better
    Any body else carry with the extended magazine?
    Or does everyone like the gun as small as possible?

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

always with the seven round.
      haven’t verified your p290 mag mod yet, but i’m dumb enough to try it. it should be obvious as soon as i get my paws on one.
      thanks in advance if it pans out.

13. avatar Docduracoat says:

I do like that bubble pattern in the steel knife blade
    Usually Damascus steel has a wavy pattern
    Is it really Damascus steel, and how did he get bubbles and not waves?

1. avatar Sian says:

canister Damascus maybe, but it usually doesn’t turn out so good. Guessing just acid etched.

14. avatar Tal says:

Lol I dig the Sharpfinger. Great self defense blade. Would carry one if I could find a good easy access sheath.