CapArms Question of the Day: What Are the Three Best Concealed Carry Restaurants in Your City?

Dan the Man is TTAG’s resident foodie. [NB: never let Nick choose a restaurant.] That makes him particularly useful both here in Austin and on those occasions where we leave The Live Music Capital of America on firearms-related biz. Needless to say, we only eat in places that welcome concealed carriers (open carry for me). To keep Austin gun guys fed, Dan recommends . . .

Launderette (casual eclectic diner, try the mussels), Clark’s Oyster Bar (fresh, mouth-watering seafood deep in the heart of Texas and “a hell of a burger”) and Pieous Pizza (technically Dripping Springs, open carry welcome, Neapolitan-style ‘za, homemade pastrami and sourdough bread).

What are the three best gun-friendly eateries in your neck of the woods?

comments

1. avatar Aaron says:

All of ’em.

1. avatar CLarson says:

This. Confused by this question. Most restaurants aren’t in secure areas. The only place I can think of eating not armed is an airport.

1. avatar Aaron says:

yup. or in a democrat state.

1. avatar ElChefe says:

*except VA, fortunately.

2. avatar Scottlac says:

You beat me to it. All of them. Restaurants in Kentucky don’t bother posting because the signs are meaningless and only offends potential customers.

2. avatar anonymoose says:

How the heck would I know? Concealed means concealed!

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

sorta like this.
      little no pistol signs go largely unnoticed.
      the restaurant section of the yellow pages here is likely larger than the austin yellow pages in toto. so three faves, like books, movies or songs (guns?) i couldn’t say.
      my three most visited would be birria huantitian (barbacoa, al pastor, lengua) at north and pulaski, joe boston (italian beef/ sausage combo) at grand and chicago and la scarola (seafood) on grand at halsted and milwaukee.

1. avatar OmnivorousBeorn says:

Lengua burritos have been a ruling passion of mine for a years. If anyone hasn’t tried them, they have not yet begun to eat good (Mexican) food. Passing on . . .

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

well, considering you’ll eat anything, lengua has to be preferred to carrion or dried dog waste.
          even at the seediest taquerias the lengua is on the steam table so it’s done- slo and lo. no fat on that muscle either.
          and it’s the only food that can taste you back!

2. avatar Lotek says:

Oh yeah where would that be

3. avatar Lotek says:

Oh yeah,where would that be?

4. avatar Lotek says:

Because “mi verge Es delicioso ” have you tried it?

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

where do the stated intersections intersect? look at a map.

and how do you know that your penis tastes delicious? have you tried it?

3. avatar Somebody says:

I eagerly await recommendations for NYC, DC, and the entirety of NJ.

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

Those are in PA, NC, and Florida.

4. avatar Bob H says:

No restaurants i’m aware of in my area (Middle TN) have correctly posted signs. If they do i’ve never been there. Some may have corporate no gun policies, but concealed means concealed.

Plus I am highly skeptical of a part time sub-minimum wage employee being able to spot a concealed weapon, or caring enough to say something to you about it.

5. avatar OmnivorousBeorn says:

“If I told you, I’d have to kill you.” #Opsec

(Sarcasm alert.)

6. avatar uncommon_sense says:

The only advantage of living near what might as well be Berkeley an extremely liberal city is that no one who owns/operates a restaurant has ever even thought of being armed in public. Since the thought has never crossed their mind, none of the restaurant owners/operators put “no guns allowed” signs on their doors.

So, all of the good restaurants in my neck of the woods are good concealed carry restaurants.

7. avatar Jay in Florida says:

I dunno never been in a restaurant here in Florida with signage. If there is one Id be ignoring it anyway as I do in bars since I dont drink.
    Now if I did see a sign it would be the last time I would be there.
    Unless the steaks were too good to pass up the free feed.
    Which is always the case with me.
    I get taken to restaurants.
    I dont often go by myself.

8. avatar Rokurota says:

I concealed carry everywhere I eat and never had a problem. I’ve seen OC at a high end bistro (HK P30) and a crunchy coffee shop (1911, Condition 3) and a few other places, none of which seemed to cause a stir. I OC’d once, just to try it. Same reaction.

9. avatar dlj95118 says:

…a restaurant is a tad too big to hide under my shirt.

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

no holster made will allow for concealing a ghetto burrito. either crotch it or stuff it in your sock.

10. avatar Michael says:

all of them….but I live in Alaska where nearly everyone owns guns and most carry them.

11. avatar Old Region Fan says:

Who cares ?

12. avatar Johannes Paulsen says:

Food AND laundry service in the same storefront? You guys must really be messy eaters….

1. avatar Snatchums says:

There is a combination laundromat/bar in my town. Brilliant idea if you ask me.

13. avatar strych9 says:

In my town, all of them. For OC, most of them as long as it’s not a big chain bar (BW’s or Old Chicago). Then you’d probably be asked to put it in your car.

14. avatar Bfitts says:

There aren’t 3 restaurants in my town unless you count gas station food.

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

You shouldn’t and I sympathize.

We have three restaurants that are “not bad”, so I guess they win the prize.

15. avatar Skippy Sanchez says:

What does one have to do with the other?

16. avatar NYC2AZ says:

I’ll throw in a few places that are openly progun. ‘Taste of Louisiana’ in Avondale has great food and a NRA decale at the entrance of the place. Crossroads Coffee Shop in Peoria used to sell 2A merch and I saw the manager open carrying occasionally. It’s about a mile from Cabela’s. ‘K O’Donnells’ in Scottsdale is in the same parking lot as Scottsdale Gun Club and members get a discount if you have your ID but you still can’t drink adult beverages and carry in AZ restaurants.

Most places in AZ simply don’t have the A.R.S. 4-229 signs. If I see them, I generally go elsewhere.

17. avatar Jon in CO says:

If ever in Denver or C-Springs, I recommend Crave Burger. What an amazing fat kid paradise. Their Alcholic Milkshakes are amazing too.
    (Crave is not a “pro gun” place, they just aren’t anti-gun.)

1. avatar ArmedHog says:

+1 on crave. When you just gotta have a burger with a glazed donut bun.

18. avatar mercutio says:

hawai’i.. no carry, brah.

19. Better question, what are the top 3 open carry restaurants in your city?

Pasta Max
    Cracker Barrel
    Gritz

McDonough, GA

20. avatar El says:

All of them, because *concealed.* As in, they don’t know.

21. avatar Larry says:

Agree all of them. 30 years of CC in Upstate NY never once saw a no guns sign anywhere.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Yeah, well, in Austin proper signage covers the entire front of the store, but I “have never seen one” either.

22. avatar derfel cadarn says:

If your doing concealed carry properly, who would know ? Why would this article even be a concern ?

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Cuz everyone wants to know where the good food is!

I’ve never seen a “no guns” sign in SE Mass. And since I conceal, I wouldn’t care if I did.

1. avatar cmac890 says:

Same story on the North Shore. I can name a ton of great places to eat, but none of them specifically cater to, or discourage, gun owners.

24. avatar Nanashi says:

Never seen a sign in Florida.

My nearest FFL has a restaurant attached, but I’ve never eaten there.

25. avatar The Rookie says:

I don’t know if this is still true, but there was a place on the far east side of Indianapolis (where I’m originally from) called Papa Roux’s that started offering a 25% discount to anyone presented a valid Indiana carry permit when they ordered their food, after his place had been robbed. The owner’s a big 2A supporter besides that, IIRC.

26. avatar Darkman says:

None of the restaurants in my city are gun free zones. I eat at several as my taste changes.

27. avatar Noah says:

I think this is either a ridiculous question or grossly misworded. If you are truly concealed the best restauraunt would be whichever one had the most appealing menu and ambiance to you at a given time. I’ve never walked into a restauraunt in my life and announced that I’m carrying.

Although if you are carrying owb, I suppose a place that keeps their air conditioner on would be a plus.

I can’t speak to open carry, because I’m in California, but I think that’s the only method of carry that would change your reception at a given establishment.

1. avatar Noah says:

For the record I know how to spell restaurant and I have no clue how that happened……

1. avatar Peter says:

I think it’s a subliminal message, rest-aur-aunt, your aunt is tired, you wish she would give it a rest at least for an hour.

28. avatar IN Dave says:

Papa Roux in indianapolis. They offered a 25% discount to anyone legally carrying after they were robbed. Funny they haven’t been robbed since.

29. avatar former water walker says:

Beats me. In Illinois you see(some) “no beretta” signs. In nearby Indiana kinda’ rare. None at the Red Lobster(which ain’t great). Honestly don’t eat out much anymore…

30. avatar Peter says:

Yeah, another article clearly showing that Robert lives in Austin, the libtard bastion of Texas. 😀

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Dunno. Austin may be in competition for good food capital, too.

31. avatar RickP says:

LOL!!! Three best?! He’s in Austin, the liberal mecca of TX, so that might be all he has available to him to carry in. What a tool.

32. avatar LarryinTX says:

Austin may be the capital of good food, as well as live music. Robert has been affected, apparently, along with some other staff judging by waistlines.

33. avatar IdahoPete says:

Small town, Constitutional carry Idaho: All of them. Not an issue.