Atomic Blond Opens Tomorrow

IMFDB writes:

Atomic Blond is based on Antony Johnston and Sam Hart’s 2012 graphic novel The Coldest City, which revolves around a spy who has to find a list of double agents who are being smuggled into the West.

This is billed as a high-stakes, global action-thriller that takes place in the city of Berlin, on the eve of the Berlin Wall’s collapse and the shifting of superpower alliances.

Charlize Theron (Mad Max: Fury Road) portrays Lorraine Broughton, a top-level spy for MI6, dispatched to Berlin to take down a ruthless espionage ring that’s killed an undercover agent for reasons unknown.

She’s ordered to cooperate with Berlin station chief David Percival (James McAvoy of X-Men), and the two form an uneasy alliance, unleashing their full arsenal of skills in pursuing a threat that jeopardizes the West’s entire intelligence operation.

We like the 1980’s-esque “finger placed on the trigger” in the shot above and the period 1911 with Bo-Mar sights, comp integrated with the slide and the sight rib.

If they could nail a pistol like that from the era, we hope to see the same with the Warsaw-Pact com bloc guns as well!

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

Another anti gunner making a fortune with guns.

1. avatar st381183 says:

Exactly what I was thinking. You would think with all the training the actors receive so they can safely and realistically use guns in movies that they would be more supportive. I guess actors think everyone is a spy or super villain.

2. avatar Mark_PAV says:

^^^This^^^

3. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

Isn’t she the one that thinks it would have been better for her father to have lived and beat her mother to death?

4. avatar Cliff H says:

Interesting – another Hollywood “lefty” that’s actually a lefty.

And isn’t Charlize the one who forced Sean Penn to sell all his guns before she would move in with him? Then bailed on the relationship a short while later? Anyway, Sean is enough of a loose cannon I don’t think I’d want to be around him and guns either.

As for the movie, I saw the trailer a while back and it looks like a lot of action, almost a femme John Wick at points, but that was just the trailer.

Seem to me like an MI6 super spy would want to keep a lower profile than being a strikingly gorgeous woman with platinum blond hair that stands out like a searchlight.

1. avatar CCDWGuy says:

I had the same thought, another anti-gun actor probably going to make a fortune with a “gun” movie. Actually she made poor crazy Sean melt his guns for an art thing of melted guns but given he is such an idiot they were probably all Hi-Points.
        Though I still may have to see it as if I stop going to all the anti-gun Hollywood people’s movies I can’t see another movie in my future.

5. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Another anti gunner making a fortune with guns.”

It’s another anti-gunner proving good guys with guns save the day. And get laid. Repeatedly.

Teenage boys will pay money to see that and then go home and do what teenage boys do. And then go online to find out what guns they used. Burning into their minds that guns can be used for good.

You can’t underestimate that kind of impact.

Good guys with guns saved the day. These movies are a HUGE win for us. No gun jumped up and committed evil.

Evil people did evil. Guns stopped that evil.

These movies are the rope that hangs their lies about guns.

God bless ’em. Every one…

1. avatar J says:

You’ve got an overactive imagination.

2. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

Tomorrow? That poster says July 28.

I might have to think about considering whether to go see this one.

1. avatar Texheim says:

Idiots

2. avatar C Otto says:

Beat me to it. Seriously, does anyone read or double check these articles before pressing the publish button? The amount of fail here is pretty epic…

3. avatar Lhstr says:

O.K. guys nobody looked where her fingers were???? I can see where all the eyes where. Typical Hollywood.

1. avatar JSW says:

Obviously, astute observer that you are, failed to read the script and solely focused on the pictures.

4. avatar Claymore says:

And of course they have to include homosexual perversion. Blech. I won’t watch it.

1. avatar Evo Shift says:

Girl on Girl IS a reason to see a movie. Until your girl brings a chick home, you’ll never know what you’re missing.

2. avatar Hank says:

It isn’t gay if both chicks are hot.

5. avatar Dennis in SC says:

Charlize Theron (Pulp Fiction)

1. avatar 16V says:

You’re mistaking her for Uma Thermon, who is the fixture in many or Tarantino’s films.

One can be forgiven for the mistake, they’re rather nondescript universal blondes when they have their hair the same color. Either is a solid “meh” on looks alone, and on personality both are (to me anyway) rather detestable.

2. avatar Cliff H says:

Sorry, both crazy but Uma can’t hold a candle to Charlize in the looks department.

And neither one is Wonder Woman, or could be.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Oh, I’m sorry! Did I break your concentration?”

*snicker*

That flick turned me into an instant Tarantino fan. And the ‘Kill Bill’ series sealed it…

6. avatar Guardiano says:

Another movie where a girl weighing 120 pounds kicks men twice her size through walls, beats them to death with a .5 pound stiletto heel, and does other physically improbably things. At what point did we all decide to pretend like women can actually beat the sh*t out of men? Even Ronda Rousey is smart enough to know she has no business fighting a dude.

Yeah, yeah, “it’s just a movie” and all that. But let’s not pretend that all these “GURLZ KICK ASS” movies haven’t at least facilitated the cultural shift that’s resulted in female 11Bs and other atrocities.

1. avatar Hank says:

I thought Rousey tried to get dude mma fighters to fight her and they all refused for her sake. Either way, she got absolutley whipped, faster than small pox through an Arapahoe village, by that one chick not too long after.

1. avatar Guardiano says:

No, it was the opposite. Someone asked her if she’d fight a man and she mocked them for the idea of it. There are probably a handful of very elite female MMA fighters who could beat a man in decent shape with even a little bit of fighting ability, but the vast majority of women are going down from a punch or two from even an unskilled male, and then if he locks in the date-rape-choke, it’s game over. The upper-body strength difference is just so utterly unfair, it’s not even a contest most of the time.

2. avatar Frank says:

Rhonda beat up two guys in a movie theatre. They tried to file charges against her but the cops wouldn’t go along with that once they got the whole story.

7. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I’m looking forward to watching this one.
    Now, to go check Put Locker to see if it’s still up.

1. avatar Ing says:

That’s the way to do it!

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Still up? It’s a new release!

I think I’ll wait until it hits DVD before snagging it online. The quality is *much* better.

I just can’t stand shitty cam rips of Hollywood…

2. avatar Hank says:

Seriously, screw Hollywood.

8. avatar Chito says:

Looks like a man’s hand.

9. avatar Cadeyrn says:

I just can’t do it. I can’t pay good money to fund an anti-gunner and help her make money and advance her professional career by exploiting and glorifying gun violence. The hypocrisy is way too much, even for me.

If she genuinely wants to be anti-gun, then fine, express that opinion in a consistent and ethical fashion. Don’t go making movies where you shoot, stab and kill people for your own ends.

Otherwise, if you’re going to act like guns have a valid place in equalizing force between unequal adversaries and generally deterring overly-aggressive conduct, then you’re not anti-gun. You’re anti-abuse. Adjust your position to remain consistent.

10. avatar Lucas D. says:

I still maintain that we should wean ourselves off of atomic, and consider adopting sustainable, environmentally-friendly sources of blonde.

1. avatar Hank says:

Nonesene! The most available and productive resource for blonde continues to be and always will be fossil fueled blonde!

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

You mean sustainable, environmentally-friendly sources of peroxide-free blonde, *right*?

11. avatar Peter says:

Naturally, as every movie she stars in, it had to include some homo theme or white chicks love black dicks scene. 😀
    Definitely won’t go to see this junk in a theater. What’s the point? It’s not ‘The Dark Knight’ or anything alike with great script, directing, acting, music and special effects that aren’t CGI. I might watch it online when really bored and eating dinner or want something to make me go sleep.

12. avatar Klause Von Schmitto says:

Anyone know what kind of compensator that is?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Anyone know what kind of compensator that is?”

Relative youth, and Hydrogen Peroxide.

*snicker* 😉

13. avatar doesky2 says:

Well the trailer shows most of the better stuff that you essentially know what is going to happen in each major scene.

I’ll wait until it shows up on some free site where I add no money to the gun grabbers.

14. avatar Chris says: