New From Gunwerks – HAMR Rifle…’2000 Yards Out of the Box’

Have you ever wanted to reach out and touch something from two miles away? Judging by Gunwerks‘ promo video for their new limited run 375 Cheytac chambered HAMR rifle, you now have an out-of-the-box package that will let you do just that. As long as you’re willing to lay out $12,500, that is. Here’s their press release:

INTRODUCING THE HAMR
EXTREME LONG RANGE SHOOTING SYSTEM

Bigger isn’t always better, but for the times when it is, reach for the HAMR. Chambered in 375 Cheytac, the Gunwerks HAMR is the next step in the evolution of extreme long range. The new Gunwerks HAMR launches a 377gr projectile with an incredible .950 G1 ballistic coefficient at nearly 3,000fps. With these phenomenal ballistics, the HAMR boasts a capable range of over 2 miles!

The HAMR is a special edition, single-run rifle that we have developed to make some of the longest shots imaginable. This means once we sell out of these bad boys, they’re gone for good!

The rifle comes standard topped with a Nightforce ATACR F1 7-35×56 scope, Elite Iron bipod, fully adjustable, tactical folding chassis, and aggressive muzzle brake to dramatically tame recoil. This rifle is surprisingly enjoyable to shoot!

As with all Gunwerks rifles, the HAMR comes ready to go right out of the box.

Caliber: 375 Cheytac
Optic: Nightforce ATACR 7-35×56 F1
Stock: Flat Dark Earth | Black
Bipod: Included: Elite Iron Revolution Bipod
Cerakote: Graphite (Black)
Barrel Profile:
Heavy Fluted
Overall Weight: 20.6 lb
Overall Length: 53 in
Barrel Length: 29 in
Brake: Standard: Directional Ported 3 Chamber Brake
Action: Stainless Steel
Length of Pull: Adjustable

comments

1. avatar Jon in CO says:

$12000 rifle and $10/rd for ammo. Sounds great!

/sarc

Or I can spend the same money on a Barrett and pay $2.25/rd. I don’t see how the market is even there for a gun that costs more than a new car. Unless it comes with a fun switch.

1. avatar JackInAlabama says:

While I agree in principle with what you say, and will defend your absolute right to say it, I gotta wonder how long it’s been since you bought a new car? LOL $12,500.00? That’s a decent used car, maybe 😉

(agree with you on the Barrett though!)

1. avatar strych9 says:

“Decent” used car depending on where you live and vehicle type.

2. avatar Jon in CO says:

There’s some base model sedans around here, 2016 off the lot for $9999 plus applicable taxes and such. The housing market here is what is getting out of control.

But mainly to your question, I drive a ’94 pickup haha. Cost me $500.

2. avatar Mr.Savage says:

I don’t even think the Barrett is quite 12k anymore, seen a few advertised in the 9k range.

1. avatar Joe R. says:

Barrett do 2 miles?

Chambered in?

1. avatar Anon in CT says:

.50 BMG will certainly go two miles.

Can’t say exactly where it will go, but it will definitely be at least two miles away.

2. avatar Joe R. says:

Sorry, meant 2K yards. Barrett do that under .50 BMG? .416? which?

3. avatar Kaban says:

.416, of course, plus same Cutting Edge solid launched at close to 3k fps.

2. avatar Jon in CO says:

The M107A1 (in FDE or Grey) are online a lot for $12k. I don’t do a lot of pricing for such rifles, as I will probably never afford one. After a quick search, most were averaging $11200, give or take. Plus $150-$175 per extra magazine.

3. avatar anonymoose says:

I once saw a Barrett M99 (single shot) in a shop for $2000.

3. avatar ZenGun says:

With the HAMR you can take any vehicle you want.
      Just gotta be willing to repair one or two windows and clean up the interior.

4. avatar McBell says:

I believe Optics with a customized turret and Bipod are included for the MSRP.

2. avatar strych9 says:

20+ pounds. Yikes.

1. avatar ACP_arms says:

Want to shoot the 10lb version?

1. avatar strych9 says:

I understand why the rifle weighs what it does. That’s kinda the point of my comment.

Well that and that it wouldn’t be fun carry around.

1. avatar ACP_arms says:

Well, with ” a capable range of over 2 miles!” I don’t think you’d have to carry it much.

3. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

Is the barrel threaded for the brake?
    Can I swap the brake out for a suppressor?
    *chuckle*

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

Why chuckle? The AAC Cyclops would make this gun hearing safe.

4. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

I designed and started building my own .375CT. It has a simple falling block bull-pup action and even with the the best of barrels and having lots of EDM work to get it perfect will likely not cost more than $4,000 to finish. Without adding expensive accessories it is hard to imagine how to make it much more expensive short of asking a military contractor to take over the project.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Pretty badass little project you got going on there. Congrats.

1. avatar ZenGun says:

I agree.
        APM wins the interwebz conceptual bad ass of the day award.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“APM wins the interwebz conceptual bad ass of the day award.”

I’m not so sure.

He’ll likely show up at the range in his ActionPhysicalMan-mobile, a Prius.

Stealth bad-ass mode, I suppose. 😉

Clark Kent has the phone booth, ActionPhysicalMan has his Prius…

2. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

It was a first generation Honda Insight – a lot smaller and less powerful than the Prius. The CVT broke last week. I am still in mourning. I really want a Toyota i-Road. Tt is even smaller and slower yet. Not sure the rifle will fit in it even if they do ever start mass production though.

3. avatar FedUp says:

I might have bought an Insight 5-10 years ago, but most of the ones I found for sale, and all of them with decent prices and less than 200,000 miles on them, had CVTs. Nope, make mine a stick shift. And I want one with A/C too.

2. avatar uncommon_sense says:

I was thinking somewhat along the same lines … that you could hire a really good gunsmith to just make the entire rifle from scratch for less than $12k … although that $12k price tag includes a scope that has to cost something like, what, $2,000???

1. avatar ACP_arms says:

The scope is a few dollars less then $3,500 on Mid Way.

5. avatar stateisevil says:

LOL. If you go to youtube and look at “Mark and Sam After Work” they go that far with 7mm rem mag all day long. They go over 4000 yards with their 375 with good precision.

6. avatar Joe in NC says:

If you can afford the rifle I’d imagine you’d have access to terrain that would allow those kinds of shots. Perhaps via your private jet. Not begrudging anybody that can afford it mind you but when I think about the multiple guns and ammo that price could buy…. Heck a man can dream can’t he?

7. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

“This rifle is surprisingly enjoyable to shoot!”
    Well duh!

8. avatar TrueBornSonofLiberty says:

“Once these are gone, they’re gone for good”. At $12K each, I can guarantee that if they sell out at those prices, they’ll be making more. Just like water is wet.

9. avatar Jimmy James says:

Now if i only had somewhere to shoot it…

10. avatar Tietonian says:

Hmmm. I wonder what FNH thinks about the name…

1. avatar TrueBornSonofLiberty says:

Or Leopold.

11. avatar Jd says:

If you can go to 2k+ yards, why do I care about your G1 ballistic coefficient? What’s the G7?

12. avatar Kaban says:

>>you now have an out-of-the-box package that will let you do just that

No, we do not. LRF, Kessy, ballistic software are crucial, too. Although one should admit that .375 CT is excellent choice, with larger offerings (408, 416 etc.) kicking more with no benefit.

13. avatar Spencer Ivey says:

As someone who really wants to get into long range precision shooting, but doesn’t because of expenses and lack of long range, this is a dream. It looks good and Cheytac rounds seem amazing to me. Someone buy me this.