Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Chris Armstrong

Chris writes that, “When and if it cools off, I do swap the Sig for my Beretta px4 compact, in a different sticky holster, AIWB. Just received a Dara AIWB holster for the Beretta, that I ordered before my rotator cuff tear, so I haven’t been able to use it, to review it yet.” See all of his gear at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar strych9 says:

You don’t see too many people EDC a butterfly knife.

1. avatar FedUp says:

If you already have an assisted flipper and a leatherman, I guess the balisong is used as a fidget spinner, they’re so much fun to play with…

1. avatar Bigfoot of Borg says:

I know I love carrying my Benchmade 42. It’s a lot of fun to see people’s reactions to flicking one out to open a box or something.

1. avatar Snatchums says:

Yep, I EDC a Benchmade 62, love it. Mine has billet stainless steel handles so it’s rather heavy and not well suited for the super fast spinning and flipping stuff, sharp enough to shave with too. My EDC knife cost almost as much as my EDC gun.

2. avatar Cloudbuster says:

I did for a while, but it’s so hard to get decent quality* balisongs with pocket clips (and I like carrying one with a clip, don’t like the big case on my belt). They’re extremely practical knives. I can open and close one one-handed with the thickest gloves on for cutting bale wrap in the winter. They have good, positive hold-open — there’s no latch to fail and close the knife on your fingers. I’ve had to go back to the lowly utility knife for the bale wrap job. 🙂

They just have this weird, undeserved bad reputation as the kind of knife you only carry if you’re either looking for trouble or are trying to be flashy.

* And by “decent quality” I mean just decent — don’t want to spend more than $50-$60 for a knife I’m going to eventually lose in the field or on a trail.

2. avatar Frank in VA says:

No flare gun loaded with a Rice Krispies shotshell? You’re falling behind in the tactical department.

3. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

whoa, a p938. those are really cool.

4. avatar Tal says:

You’re going to love the Dara holster.