BREAKING: Active Shooter With Rifle in New York’s Bronx-Lebanon Hospital

From nbcnewyork.com comes a report of a man in a white lab coat who has opened fire in Bronx-Lebanon Hospital. Two people have been reported shot and the shooter has not yet been apprehended. As always early reports of these situations are invariably incomplete and inaccurate. More as it becomes available.

comments

1. avatar JDH says:

What? Guns in uber gun-control NYC? Impossible I tell you.

2. avatar gargoil says:

god i get so tired of all this shit. i really do wish that banning guns would solve stuff like this but it just aint so. 100 to 1 says he obeyed all gun laws.

1. avatar Button Gwinnet says:

I’ll take that bet.
      Open carry is illegal in NYC.

You can send my winnings through Western Union or Paypal.

3. avatar Pwrserge says:

Step right up ladies and gentlemen and place your bets. Left wing psycho? Another aloha snack bar franchise? Who will it be this week?

1. avatar Robb says:

I’ll lay down $10 on disgruntled family member of dead patient.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Radio news indicates possible disgruntled ex-employee.

(Is a happy employee a ‘gruntled’ employee? H’mm…)

1. avatar tmm says:

What about an annoyedgruntled employee?

D’oh!

2. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

Somebody on TTAG posted a response to that question recently. If I remember correctly, which I might not, gruntled, if it were a word, would not be the opposite of disgruntled.

3. avatar Geoff PR says:

That was probably me as well.

I have one of those ‘Abby’ brains, you know, the Abby Normal kind…

4. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

If it was you, great post. If not, it was still a great post.

2. avatar James Earl Hoffa says:

Yes I will also place a $10 on pissed off family member that is mad at a group of doctors that committed malpractice against one of his loved ones and took Revenge. Especially since Obamacare malpractice deaths went up from 140000 per year to 522000 dead per year since Obamacare was enacted so you tell me who’s killing more people so-called doctors nurse practitioners or people who own guns?

1. avatar Chad says:

Source? I know it’s bad, but that big of an increase since 10 years ago?

2. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

@Chad, I know I heard poor people on medicaid often had worse results than the poor who did not get treatment. I think I heard it from Charles Krauthammer.

2. avatar Doc Hollywood says:

My fake internet 10 bucks votes for gang member trying to finish off other hospitalized gang member.

1. avatar Michael B says:

So you’re saying the 3 doctors he shot were gang members ?

1. avatar Nanashi says:

Quite possible they were just in his way.

I know in Florida hospital staff isn’t allowed to carry, so I doubt those in New York are.

3. avatar Kroglikepie says:

My money is on disgruntled employee.

4. avatar anonymoose says:

I went to wiki to see if it’s considered a Jewish hospital, and it kinda is, but there’s already a section devoted to the shooting on wikipedia 20 minutes after the shooter was found. Also he doesn’t sound like a snackbar. Probably just pissed at quack doctors he used to work with, or maybe the healthcare machine in general.

4. avatar John says:

🙁 Not again

5. avatar John says:

Well well well just another overpublicized mass shooting. Makes me wonder why this has been happening so often recently?

6. avatar Hunter427 says:

But it’s a gun free zone and the safe act is in effect in the liberal/Democrat city. Why why

7. avatar Gordon in MO says:

This has to be fake news. It is not possible to have a “mass shooting” in the socialist paradise of NYC with their “common sense gun laws” not allowing anyone to have guns and all the gun free zones.

Of course there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth and calls for “common sense gun laws” to prevent such things.

8. avatar Shire-man says:

Local news says former employee and he’s dead. Not reporting any victim fatalities just that 2 were shot.

See, what we need to do is either ban employment and relationships or mandate employment and relationships without possibility of termination. We’ll get rid of the 2 biggest excuses nuts have for going nuts.

1. avatar anonymoose says:

Well at least they were already at the hospital. lol

9. avatar Norincojay says:

He was using a fully auto 2000 round a minute M4 he bought at Walmart and is using explosive tip clip mags that were out lawed by the Geneva Convention.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Nope.
      He ordered it and the clipazines through the gun show internet loophole.

10. avatar Jim Long says:

Awww poor New Yorkers

11. avatar former water walker says:

Yep shooter reported dead. And that’s about it…

12. avatar ahil925 says:

“…report of a man in a white lab coat…”
    Ban lab coats

1. avatar anonymoose says:

I AM MAD SCIENTIST

1. avatar UncleK says:

I play doctor too but, not like that.

13. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

Two SAPD officers were gunned down yesterday in broad daylight downtown by a suspect whom they were just going to question about an apparently burglarized car. One officer was shot in the chest, but is expected to survive. The other was shot in the face and died this morning.

The suspect, who died at the scene from gunshot wounds, is described only as a man around age 30 from Louisiana. Details of such suspects are usually knowable by their absence.

I haven’t seen the national media address this at all, let alone as breaking gun violence news. Curious, that.

1. avatar TexTed says:

White male. Record of aggravated assault, drug charges, arrested for kidnapping and burglary of an inhabited home. And now, of course, guilty of the murder of a police officer and the critical wounding of another officer.

I’m thinking San Antonio’s streets just got notably safer since this jewel shot himself in the head.

I never want to be shot, ever. But if I do get shot, I want it to be in a good hospital. Preferably one with naughty nurses. And decent food.

1. avatar Timmy! says:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Ralph… The Most Interesting Man on TTAG.

They say that when Ralph insults you, you have to fight back the urge to thank him.

15. avatar Kenneth G Maiden says:

Just part of the 93 million murdered every day.

1. avatar UncleK says:

lol, oh ya, I forgot about that one.

16. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

Now reporting five people wounded, one woman dead, one shooting suspect dead.

NYTimes quoting NYPD that the dead gunman was a physician

17. avatar Bob Watson says:

Doctors in a hospital were shot and wounded. Doctors? Are these the Health Care Professionals who manage to kill hundreds of thousands of Americans, through preventable medical errors, every year? Sounds like self-defense to me.

18. avatar bobo says:

surely that ‘guns are banned here’ sign should have stopped him???

19. avatar Libertarian says:

Can happen now in kansas too

to bad kansas governor turns anti gun 🙁