Moms Demand Concealed Carry: Gun Tweet of the Mother’s Day

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is celebrating Mother’s Day by recommending supermarkets that prohibit open carry. Well, in the case of Target, stores that “respectfully request no open carry.” A chain that joins HEB in welcoming concealed carriers.

And while we’re at it, by not focusing on stores that prohibit guns full stop, the Tweet kinda implies that the Moms are OK with guns as long as they can’t see them.

Which would be really stupid. After all, criminals practice concealed carry — right until they don’t — regardless of store policies. They’ve done so at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Sprouts, Fiesta, Costco, Food Lion, The Fresh Market and Safeway.

In fact, Google says New Seasons Market is the only chain on the list that hasn’t been hit by armed robbers. Yet.

Meanwhile, “brunch?” Check your privilege Moms! We’ll check our guns.

comments

1. avatar Shawn from CO says:

“it kinda implies that the Moms are OK with guns as long as they can’t see them”

I highly doubt that.

2. avatar former water walker says:

My idiot anti-gun brother loudly trumpeted about how happy he was Whole Foods didn’t allow guns in Florida. “We’re safe from you crazy gunowners”…duh. Happy Mothers Day all you mothers!

1. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

I think that everyone who carries concealed for the first time has an epiphany about how easy it is to walk around armed but unnoticed. None of the anti-2A crowd have this useful bit of knowledge.

1. avatar PK says:

Even with that knowledge, I rarely notice others carrying concealed. Once in a great while they’ll be adjusting a shirt, or walking in a particular way, or in the winter a coat will swing as though there’s a weight in one pocket, but most days… no idea who carries and who doesn’t.

Good. I hope criminals are similarly unaware of how many and who.

2. avatar TFred says:

And of course the more accurate assessment would be “we’re safe from you LAW-ABIDING citizens,” which given the political climate of the day, is starting to make more and more sense.

3. avatar TomD says:

Thanks for reminding me of where not to shop.

4. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

Well Mr. And Mrs. America, It’s time to tell these “Anti- Constitutional rights” retails to suck it !!!! And go somewhere else for your e-commerce….Vote with your wallet….Show displeasure from the other end of the spectrum…..DON’T let the Neo-Communist Globalists win….Or you’ll be wearing a Chinese red star cap from Moms Demand action….And You’ll be saluting, goose-stepping, and calling your neighbors comrade !!!!!

1. avatar tdiinva (now in wisconsin) says:

I agree with your sentiments but the Constitution allows them to determine the use of their property. As far as I am concerned if you patronize businesses that post you are doing the same thing that Springfield did.

2. avatar BLoving says:

The absence of a sign prohibiting your civil rights in a business does not equate to an endorsement of your civil rights: at least a few of the businesses on that pic have no sign at all that I’ve noticed, either allowing or disallowing my civil rights. I suspect these bigots didn’t seek out comments from too many of these businesses before sticking their logos on this propaganda.

1. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

Quite true. Neither my local Costco nor the mall it’s attached to have any signage at all about weapons, concealed or otherwise. As I’m in Florida, I don’t have the option to open carry but I prefer concealed carry anyway. And I’m carrying every time I’m out and about.

3. avatar Ed says:

It’s funny, I always open carry in Food Lion in Va. whenever i’m there visiting…never had a problem, ever.

1. avatar Ben says:

It’s not the free states you have to worry about… It’s the progressive fascist states where people lose their minds if they see a gun outside the immediate control of one of their benevolent government controllers. In Alabama, I’ve had no problem at all, and I carry openly wherever I go. Had to school one or two, but usually, what people say is “hey, what kind of gun ya got there?” and the conversation ensues… Good stuff that wouldn’t happen if I hid it.

2. avatar Jeff K says:

Food Lion in NC doesn’t care if you carry.

5. avatar Chip Bennett says:

I happily shop at Kroger, which told the Bullying Mommies, in no uncertain terms, to go pound sand.

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

our kroger version is food4less, and i concur.
      heard my first local yuengling radio commercial this week, apropos of nothing.

2. avatar Jeff says:

The local Kroger brand here is Fred Meyer, one of the stores even sells guns, pistols and rifles.

I shop there often. I’ve yet to buy a gun there though, I should change that.

6. avatar Carl says:

The day I found Taylor ham pork roll in HEB was the day I fell in love with Texas.

1. avatar Button Gwinnet says:

King Soopers in the Denver area sells it sliced in the deli.

1. avatar Carl says:

Nice

7. avatar The Pontificator says:

Never seen a lick of prohibitive signage (legal or not) at any of the stores in the pictogram that have locations in our area.

8. avatar Darkman says:

I pay absolutely no attention to the No Guns Allowed signs at businesses. I have carried concealed for decades. Not one time in all those years has anyone said anything about my EDC. Why? Because they don’t know it’s there. I’ve been very fortunate that I’ve never had to use it. If I ever need it it will be there and I will take care of the circumstances of using it later. I’d rather be alive than dead and my guess is anyone saved would be too.

1. avatar Dave M says:

Same here, all ‘Unarmed Victim Zone’ signs are totally ignored. No one has the right to tell you that you can not protect and defend yourself, no one.

9. avatar tdiinva (now in wisconsin) says:

How many of these establishments actually prohibit and not merely suggest that you leave your gun at home? If they don’t post, they don’t really prohibit. It’s don’t ask, don’t rell. As far as I know the only two on the list that post are Costco and Whole Foods.

1. avatar Norincojay says:

Costco sells gun safes.

1. avatar tdiinva (now in wisconsin) says:

Costco will sell almost anything. They still don’t allow you to carry.

1. avatar dph says:

Until Costco puts a metal detector at the entrance I’m carrying concealed there and I have seen open carry several times in AZ Costco’s. In WA the most they can do is ask you to leave if they realize you have a weapon.

2. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

My Florida Costco has no signage regarding weapons. None.

3. avatar tdiinva (now in wisconsin) says:

You ought to read your member agreement. You have agreed not to bring a weapon onto the premises. They can and have revoked people’s membership for breaking the rules.

2. avatar Vhyrus says:

See my comment below. It’s funny because there is a sprouts right next to a TJ where I live. One has a no guns sign and one does not. Guess where I shop?

3. avatar AZgunner says:

My local Costco has no signs indicating that they prohibit either concealed or open carry (and I’ve checked). I carry there all the time. Didn’t see any signs at Sprouts either.

4. avatar TrappedInCommiefornia says:

I was just at a Costco in socal an hour ago and didn’t notice any signs, and I’m fairly certain my local one doesn’t either. Not that it matters either way, signs don’t carry the weight of law here.

10. avatar Andrew Jordan says:

Nice, now I know what stores to avoid!!!!

11. avatar ATTAG Reader says:

I shop at Food Lion and Trader Joe’s in VA and NC. I have never seen any signage. As open carry is legal in both states, all a store manager could do is request the person the either conceal the weapon or remove it to his/her car. Especially at working class Food Lion, I cannot imagine a store manager making a trespassing scene with a customer, unless it was someone doing the AR or shotgun because I can thing. I have only once seen anyone open carry in those stores and no one took issue with him. Meanwhile for most us, concealed means concealed.

1. avatar AFGus says:

I live in NC and have a Food Lion a mile down the road. They have no signage concerning Open or Concealed carry, and I am in there at least once a week (armed). Although I am concealed the vast majority of the time, I have open carried on a few occasions without so much as a second look from anyone. As you previously mentioned, NC is an open carry State.

12. avatar Vhyrus says:

I have regularly open carried at Trader Joe’s, Target, and Safeway here in AZ with not even a raised eyebrow. So thanks MDA, you make yourselves look like even bigger jackasses than I thought was possible.

1. avatar Ben says:

And open carrying does a whole lot more to get the public to accept guns… I hear of these guys concealing for years, and no one says a thing… well, of course not. I’ve been open carrying in Alabama for years, and no one says a word, unless it’s “what caliber is that?” or “I didn’t know open carry was legal” and the conversation begins. I’d guess that concealed carriers don’t get anyone asking about guns, laws, etc… There’s no reason for them to be embarrassed…

2. avatar Russ in AK says:

Yep. Regularly open carry @ Safeway locations in Alaska, as well. No issues to report.

3. avatar Some Random Guy says:

Yeah, having previously been an assistant manager for a Safeway store in AZ, they do not have any gun policies for the public, only employees, as one would expect.

4. avatar deepdive68 says:

I have OC’d in Trader Joe’s several times. I didn’t even know until know that they had stated a position on carry. Obviously, nobody has ever said anything to me. I don’t go to Target often but I have OC’d there as well without issues, not remembering about their request. It seems that most of these requests are more directed at long gun carry anyway.

13. avatar Jeff says:

My local Target (Waco, TX) has no signs and I open carry there several times a week. Walmart doesn’t have signs but I don’t shop there because I prefer to avoid stupid people doing stupid things…….

I avoid HEB because they do have 30.07 signs.

1. avatar The Elephant Store says:

In Target’s case, the stupid people doing stupid things are the Senior Executives. Fuck their transgender bathroom virtue signaling.

2. avatar oldshooter says:

FYI, HEB store managers told me they ban open carry because they sell beer and wine, and the local TABC agents told them that they have to “card” anyone who came in openly carrying. This is based on the premise that it is illegal to carry in a store that sells alcohol for off-premises consumption unless you are licensed (they also post the required signage for THAT). There’s no need (or feasibility) to check if they can’t SEE that you are carrying, but if they see it, the TABC guys said they’d have to “card” you to verify you have an LTC. HEB didn’t want to have to confront anyone carrying openly, so they posted “30-07 signs.” Walmart apparently went around this by having their “Greeters” ask anyone seen carrying openly if they had a license.

14. avatar strych9 says:

Sprouts must not do a good job of informing their employees of this policy… Not that it would matter much in Colorado.

15. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

Yeah, okay…More Conservatives drinking the Militant Liberal Progressive Kool-aid…Some how magically over night…Private organizations, landlords, and property owners can declare themselves “Supreme Sovereign Entities”. Somehow being able to overshadow another US citizens constitutional rights…By Decree, exclaiming they can “eliminate” another person’s lawful civil liberties because they entered their property, as if the person entered a Monarchs private kingdom…Or a Land Baron who can tell a “renter” what property, or rights they can have in their apartments….I Call this extremely false….A planted Left-wing psychological attack….Knowing that conservatives would eat up a “private property ” issue….A divide and conquer mind game….Since this allows the Globalists to attack you where YOU live, shop, worship, go to the bathroom, etc… It is deliberately designed mind game to remove a citizens civil rights by whatever means, and make you into a victim…..

16. avatar bob300 says:

As soon as I found out that Costco was anti-2nd amendment a few years back. I cancelled my membership. I used to spend $500 a month there. I stopped shopping at Safeway years ago when I found out what they did to bankrupt small business owners.

17. avatar Kwisatz Haderach says:

Would have loved to reply with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEYGcXSmpQ

Unfortunately, (or perhaps fortunately) I am blocked by those demanding mommies.