How to Shoot an Uzi Submachine Gun: Just Thought I’d Leave This Here

Ms. Kristen Meisner journeyed to The Range at Austin with one goal in mind: shoot an Uzi. I don’t know how or why this machine gun mania manifested itself — although Ms. Meisner admitted knowledge of Miami Vice. A program that jumped the shark when the producers ditched the detectives’ black 1972 Ferrari Daytona Spyder 365 GTS/4 replica for a genuine Ferrari hard top Testarossa. Anyway, The Range at Austin’s Austin gave the Divine Ms. M. a guided tour of the Israeli sub-gun. And then this happened . . .

The Uzi has a special place in the hearts of those who grew up thinking it’s OK to wear a monochromatic T-Shirt — and nothing else — under a sport coat. And it’s still making friends today! Obvs.

comments

1. avatar bLoving says:

Only one gripe – let the client hold the gun while you run your mouth. They came there to handle the gun themselves, not watch you do it.

2. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

I hate it when articles I’ve commented on disappear.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

And what article was that?…

1. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

The Chicago judge who sentenced a local mother to 24 days for simple gun possession. Said she needed to feel the pain of imprisonment.

1. avatar Matt in SC says:

I saw the article earlier but didn’t click on it. Here’s the link to the first google result, after TTAG’S 404 response.

3. avatar Anon in CT says:

She had a pretty good grip and stance for a tourist – but how about firing some controlled bursts instead of a single mag-dump?

1. She’s more than just a tourist. KM’s done a fair bit of shooting for a relative noob.

2. avatar jwtaylor says:

She’s a newish, but not inexperienced shooter. She has some natural athletic ability, and is a good learner. One of the better students I’ve taught. She has a lot of potential.

4. avatar CCDWGuy says:

I have a full auto Uzi-BB gun. 25 rounds and one Co2 cartridge. When I take it to the range they love it. Really tears up a target at 21 feet. A real one has to be a super blast. It is an exact replica of the real Uzi.

1. avatar Jeff K says:

A friend of mine has one of those Uzi BB guns; it was amazing to shoot.

5. avatar David says:

You should add the next 10 seconds of the video to the clip so everyone can see the ear to ear grin full auto elicits! ?

6. avatar Boba Fett says:

I got to shoot a suppressed full-auto Uzi once. It was delightful.

7. avatar -Peter says:

What a coincidence, I just fired a full auto Uzi for the first time today! My take-aways: ergos are definitely not lefty-friendly; it’s way heavier than I thought it would be; and rate of fire is surprisingly slow on full auto.

1. avatar DrewN says:

I have a fair amount of time behind Uzi’s and they aren’t much worse than most post war subguns for lefties. I do remember a kind of hard to master “hitch in the giddy-up” that troubled me trying to shoot controlled bursts. i think my rhythm and the guns were just a little off.

8. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

The young lady had excellent control. Rock solid steady.

9. avatar Scott says:

Da Uzi nine millametah!

1. avatar Adub says:

Any one of these is ideal for home defense.

10. avatar Lhstr says:

Well just don’t care for it, where is the belt to feed it, just saying!

11. avatar skiff says:

He says, “it was designed by the Israelis.” Take a look at the Czech Models 23 and 25.

12. avatar SurfGW says:

Full auto in a non-SAW or CSW is a good way to run out of ammo without hitting anything. Notice the high speed people do controlled pairs and such on semi-auto because it is controllable and just as fast. Full auto is fun in a .50 cal cutting up old car targets !

1. avatar Waldo says:

Full auto is *fun* on anything, it’s just not very effective for precise shooting

2. avatar jwtaylor says:

Without training, that is true. But with training, and for it’s intended purpose, full auto pistol caliber carbines, or even just pistols, can be plenty accurate. There’s no reason that every one of those rounds she fired can’t land inside a silhouette at 25 yards. If I could ever figure out how to post it, I’ve got a video of me shooting a Glock 18C full auto, while walking, at 25 yards. All of the rounds land inside the silhouette, and I’m not that good of a shooter.

13. avatar Elvis says:

Web safety?

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

I’ve always heard it referred to as a grip safety, but yeah, web of your thumb/hand safety would be more precise.