Free Swag at TTAG Get-Together at Casa De Montecristo Cigar Bar, Austin

Next Friday, the TTAG crew will be gathering at Casa de Montecristo cigars off of Capital of Texas Highway in Austin, Texas. While we know that the chance to schmooze with the TTAG crew is more than enough incentive for readers to make the trek to The Live Music Capital of America, we’re also giving away all the swag above PLUS . . .

A Faxon fluted AR-15 barrel, Otis 9mm cleaning kits, caps, a ballistic rubber duck, ammunition and more! AND we’ll be bringing [unloaded, safety checked] firearms for you to ogle handle, including the new Smith & Wesson M2.0, FN 509, Ruger GP100, a heavily modded Smith & Wesson Victory, Wilson Combat EDC X9, Smith & Wesson .500-firing lever gun, shotguns and more.

But wait! There’s more!

The first 20 entrants will get a free cigar: the award-winning My Father Le Bijou 1922. The event starts at 7pm and runs ’til 9pm. No RSVP needed. Just show up and say the secret code word: OFWG. (No one under 18 admitted. Schnauzer not included.) See you there!

comments

1. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

RUBBER DUCKY. It must be mine.

Unfortunately, that’s not my part of Texas.

2. avatar Vhyrus says:

So are we ever gonna find out who won the APX, or were we all just that terrible?

1. avatar Ing says:

Ha! Maybe we did just suck.

I can picture Dan Z. in TTAG’s secret above-ground lair reviewing all the entries: No Beretta for you! Come back, one year!

3. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

i’m not goin’ if that other guy’s goin’. i don’t want to get safety shamed.

4. avatar Timmy! says:

Hmm, doors open at 7:00, I get off work at 4:00, and it is about three hours* to Austin… looks like I could just make it.

*Unless I-35 is… well, I-35.

1. It is. Always seems to be.

But we’ll wait for you.

1. avatar AndyT says:

I just drove back from San Antonio to Dallas. A 5 hour drive took us 8 hours. We only stopped at Cabelas in Buda and Buccees in temple. It was terrible even just going around Austin via 130. So a big nope from me 🙁

1. avatar Dan Zimmerman says:

I avoid 35 at every opportunity. It’s the worst.

2. avatar Timmy! says:

I looked at my schedule today and I’m off at 3:00 instead of 4:00… so I’ll probably go the back-roads route. See y’all there!

5. avatar David says:

Do they have a 30.06 sign posted outside?

1. As if. We’ll be carrying.

6. avatar DonS says:

Sounds like fun. Except that it’s in Austin.

I live in Colorado and I avoid Boulder. There’s no effing way I’m intentionally going to Austin.

1. avatar fb says:

Have you been to Austin?

7. avatar Joe R. says:

You’re giving away the dog? ; )

1. avatar Johannes Paulsen says:

If the dog’s on the table, I might show up.

8. avatar BC says:

Change of venue to Godfather’s in the Detroit suburbs? I’ll make sure the owner gets some Opus X set aside.

9. avatar CTstooge says:

Schnauzer Alert!!!

10. avatar Geoff PR says:

TTAG needs to that as a traveling road show…

11. avatar jwm says:

Hope that dog is a bomb sniffer. The brain trust of TTAG will be gathered in one spot. Mighty tempting for the left.

1. avatar Pantera Vazquez says:

yup, if the people at $pr!ngfield and R*c# R!>er were to find out………….

/sarc

12. After this, drive on down to Houston Saturday morning to help counter protest some antifa idiots.

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

Antifa in Houston. Good luck with that.

But I freely admit that I don’t really understand what “Antifa” in this country is, other than just the “occupy” people that still don’t have a job.

1. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

I lived in Houston back when the Occupy people were harassing hard working stiffs by blocking traffic. A cop told a friend of mine that if she felt threatened, she could run them over. The way he said it implied that she should run them over and then say she feared for her life. A kind of “I didn’t feel threatened, just angry” “Well if you did feel threatened” conversation.

2. avatar Anonymous says:

You need to read their materials. They are angry, outraged, uneducated university students and locals that perceive they are “oppressed” despite they are living in the most comfortable country on earth at the most comfortable time in human history thus far. They carry a flag with black and red on it. Red stands for communism (yes I said that right) and black stands for anarchism. They believe that speech can be violence and if you say something that they perceive as violence, they will physically assault you. They see their opponents as “nazis” even though the nazi party hasn’t been around for many decades. They call themselves “anti-facists” but advocate for state totalitarian ideals (facism). They really began to flourish after Trump was elected. Most of them are far left fringe groups such as neo-marxist gender studies people.

They have little to nothing to do with “occupy” people, and are far worse ideologically. They won’t like what you have to say, regardless of how polite you say it. To them, your speech is inciting violence (not debating or taking part in dialectics), and they may bust you in the skull with a bike lock to let you know this.

John, you need to holster your guns for a second, slap your billy goat out of the way, and go read the news. The MSM will not cover them, as their behavior hurts the leftist agenda. So you need to look to alternative sources.

13. avatar K Maiden says:

My God, in commie kalifornia you could go to prison for being in possession of some of them deadly items. I think that even looking at such, could get your some jail time.

14. avatar Warren says:

I’ll show up just for a chance at the barrel.

15. avatar jwtaylor says:

Well I’m out. I’ll be at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory until Saturday morning.

1. avatar Warren says:

Wait, is it tomorrow or a week from tomorrow?

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

A week…

16. avatar Kevin C says:

I’ll be there (from west side of Houston). Thanks for the invitation.

17. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I’m contemplating flying down. So far the flight times suck from PDX.

18. avatar George Mcfly says:

I’ll take the Schnauzer!!
    Still not over losing my Giant a couple years ago…they’re like people!