The Knives Come Out at Bloomberg’s Gun Control Group

Ever notice how just plain old feelings can sometimes be a helpful guide in life?

At the NRA convention last month, I had a chat with RF over lunch about the anti-gun folks, and I said words the effect of: “Bloomberg’s a smart man. I just don’t understand why he keeps Shannon Watts around.” There’s lots of stuff I could’ve used to back that statement up. Her attempt to jump-start a grass roots anti-gun movement is on life support, its thready pulse kept going only by Mike’s millions and an obliging media. The “victory” her movement won last year in Nevada by the skin of their teeth is already unravelling.

But things like that weren’t prominent in my mind. The thing that was? Just a feeling that there’s something….not there about the former Monsanto propagandist. Feelings I definitely don’t get when I see Bloomberg himself (say what you will about his politics, he is a force to be reckoned with,) or even folks like Nancy Pelosi or the late Sarah Brady.

A news story today just puts more confirmation toward my own feelings. The Daily Caller’s Kerry Picket reports that Everytown is racked by internal dissention. The cause? Shannon Watts herself.

After multiple staff departures from gun control group Everytown for Gun Safety and its spinoff Moms Demand Action, activists say a top decision-maker at both groups is making life difficult for those in the movement.

According to sources close to Everytown, Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action and advisory board member of Everytown, remains a problem within both groups. Watts, while not a staffer with either organization, is a full-time volunteer who lives in Colorado. Critics of Watts say that despite that status, she is involved with all major leadership decisions.

That wasn’t the most damning quote. Here’s the money shot:

“Staff who worked for Shannon quit or are fired faster than the organization can replace them. She’s a nightmare,” the source told TheDC.

Another source close to the organization said in a written statement, “Two beliefs unite nearly all gun control supporters: background checks save lives, and Shannon Watts is a self-promoting tyrant.”

The two staffers who are leaving are Debra Rosen, Managing Director, and Isaac Bloom, Deputy Organizing Director.

Of course, this could just be my mind looking for ways to confirm what I already want to believe. Maybe the DC’s anonymous source is just a malingerer with an axe to grind. Maybe these two were the dead weight holding Everytown back, and now it’ll turn into some amazing NRA-pwning force.

But…I’ve learned to trust my feelings in such matters. And it’s just as possible that Mike B. is not as quick on the draw as The Donald when it comes to sacking people.

I wonder how much longer Shannon will last?

comments

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

That photo is just priceless.

1. avatar Klause Von Schmitto says:

Every time I see it I wonder if it’s just a bad pic taken from an awkward angle or if she really did have a safe dropped on her head roadrunner-style. That is a really crooked head. Kind of drooling, stroke-like.

1. avatar MLee says:

It’s the lens used. You will get that effect using a fisheye lens. Plus the fact that it wasn’t a very flattering pose of her in the first place. The end result is an image we users of TTAGs LOVE.

2. avatar bruce bogle says:

The woman has a monkey face. there is no arguing that.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

“That photo is just priceless.”

When TTAG posted that pic a number of months back, I commented that’s the face Shannon made when Dirk un-zips…

*snicker*

1. avatar Guardiano says:

You hungry? Then feast on this.

2. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

that image could have been the template for dory, from finding nemo.

seriuously though, are we supposed to look her in the big eye or the little eye?

3. avatar Sven says:

She looks like she should be chasing gophers on a golf course with Bill Murray in Caddyshack.

1. avatar American Idiot says:

Strange, my first thought was Eor from Winnie the Pooh?

2. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

this gopher comment has made me laugh three times so far.

4. avatar Button Gwinnet says:

Penis goes where?

5. avatar Frank in VA says:

I see meme potential. The background is easily changed.

2. avatar Brian says:

Shhhh, when the enemy is sabotaging himself, don’t warn him!

1. avatar Nanashi says:

I’d agree, but when have they listened to us the countless other times we warned them?

3. avatar Nanashi says:

Prehaps she knows where some of Mike’s bodies (or his phylactery) are buried?

1. avatar joe3 says:

Mike Bloomberg is a JINO, Take your jew-baiting somewhere else.

1. avatar Ebby123 says:

I think that was his point. Lighten up Francis.

Sincerely,
        A jewish guy :-).

2. avatar Lonesome Whistle says:

Bloomberg is a JINO who hasn’t used “phylacteries” since his bar mitzvah (if he even had one).

Take your Jew-baiting somewhere else.

1. avatar Ebby123 says:

Joe, are you using multiple user names??
        *gasp*

4. avatar Jeff K says:

As long as she is dragging the outfit down, let her stay. Nothing beats internal destruction.

5. avatar No one of consequence says:

Compare this to all the internal turmoil we are.constantly hearing about inside the NRA or GOA.

Or not.

But if it were there at any significant level, you’d better believe the MSM would be reporting on it. On the other hand, the MSM actively tries to protect and coddle MDS, EGS, MAIG, etc, so if something like this comes out, if anything I tend to think it’s deemphasizing the severity.

6. avatar George in RI says:

I have always been kinda waiting for her to leave the group, and in her saltiness reveal that her and Bloomberg were having an affair and she is suing for harassment, etc. The odds on this can’t be all that long. Is this a cynical view? yes. yes it is.

1. avatar Klause Von Schmitto says:

Do you really think even a scumbag like Bloomberg would bang that chick? YUuuuchGod it makes my skin crawl.

1. avatar Jeff K says:

Yes, some ‘people’ (using the term lightly) do not have any limits on how low you can go. Mikey proves this.

2. avatar T Bob says:

I see Bloomberg as more of a “little boys in Thailand” kind of creep. Seriously.

1. avatar Brian says:

…or anywhere he can get his fetid paws on them!

7. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Let me get this straight: a self-promoting tyrant is working a civilian disarmament organization hard. Why doesn’t that surprise me?

1. avatar Aaron says:

all gun control promoters are tyrants.

1. avatar T Bob says:

…and occasionally the CEO’s of gun manufacturers.

1. avatar Ebby123 says:

LOL! Mostly you could have just left it at “CEOs..”

8. avatar Bill says:

If this all true, sounds like I wish Shannon Watts a long tenure at those organizations. If they’re going through people like that, then they’re not out trying to brainwash people.

9. I wonder what Shannon would think of my Bumper sticker idea:
    “Monsanto has killed more people than my gun”

1. avatar Zeke says:

HA! Get thee to cafepress, posthaste! 🙂

2. avatar Ebby123 says:

MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN.
      😀 😀

10. avatar Biff Baxter says:

Don’t change a thing.

Not a bloody, blessed thing.

11. avatar TyrannyOfEvilMen says:

Well, the trajectory for many of Bloomberg’s lackeys – like those who were in his now defunct “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” – is arrest, prosecution and conviction.

So the question I would throw to this group would be “What felony will Watts ultimately be convicted of? /;-)

12. avatar Aaron says:

at the current annual rate of gun homicides in America, it’ll take approximately 1,000 years to rack up the body count that Stalin racked up during his reign. of course, guns were very tightly regulated in Russia when stalin took over.

13. avatar ArkhamInmate says:

I know she was shot in the head and all, but every time I see that pic…it just makes me giggle.

Lord, I apologize for that one there, and please be with all the starving Pygmies down there in New Guinea! Amen!

1. avatar Hudson hawk says:

Shannon Watts is not Gabbie Giffords, amigo.

1. avatar jwm says:

shannon has taken some shots to the face. But she was well compensated for them.

1. avatar DJ Saul Teanuts says:

ZING!!!

2. avatar Ebby123 says:

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

14. avatar Mark N. says:

Colorado? I thought she lived in Indiana.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Strych9 has mentioned he has seen her when he was out-n-about, and he’s in Colorado…

15. avatar George the VV says:

She will last as long as Bloomy lives.
    Me thinks he has a thing for her.

16. avatar Martin B says:

For the same reason that Churchill vetoed an assassination plan on Hitler in 1943, the best thing is for Shannon to stay in place and do her thing. She may only be venting at staff over her frustrations with the big cheese moneybags who pays the bills, but still, what a bitch! Irony would be an anti gun staff member getting so pissed off with her that she ends up taking a bullet and the staffer goes to jail, undermining the whole enterprise.

17. avatar shannon watts says:

All u gun worshippers are just jealous of me and my fame. My husband thinks im beautiful and thats all that matters, although the majority of the time i have a tight, leather gimp mask on, and have him at my mercy with a 24 inch black dildo. Bloomy and i will soon have all the power. Ha, ha, ha

1. avatar BLAMMO says:

I’m with Dirk Diggler on this. All you need is a good wrecking.

2. avatar Jixi says:

24 inches? That’s it?

Come back when it’s a 30-inch draconic phallus and then I might be impressed, until then you’re merely pedestrian.

18. avatar Mark says:

I for one am going to have huge celebration dinners when Soros and Bloomberg die. Tick tock, tick tock… Old age is a blessing….I also welcome pancreatic cancer to speed things up.

19. avatar neiowa says:

No matter how much you urinate on it, it is VERY hard to get Astroturf to grow. Blimpberg is very full of it and himself but in the end is just a legend in his own mind.

20. avatar Ragnarredbeard says:

She does things his wife won’t do.

21. avatar Mort says:

Well then, geee….

I had no idea Shannon Watts was doing such a fine job. She seems like she deserves our reconsideration, folks. I’d like to wholeheartedly support Shannon “the Cannon” Watts, and I hereby nominate her for Lifetime Empress of Moms Demand Whatevs.

Her fresh ideas are obviously valid, consistent, and wholly substantial… just plain *right*… and that rationality really shows in that nationwide productivity. You go girl!

Plus, she’s kind of cute (in a Moms Demand You Know What kinda way)… assuming that photo is even a reasonably accurate depiction of Shannon, IRL. You know what they say, about “crazy is as crazy does” and all that… Mama mia. Or, something.

Keep up the good work, Shannon! Be sure to tweet to your little big heart’s content, every single day– and don’t you dare let those Negative Nellies getcha down. You tell ’em who’s boss around there, babe! Especially behind the scenes…. let ’em have it! You know as well as I do: They can’t win without you, and they’ll only win because of you. Amarite?

Be safe. #MomsDemandtobeInvited #MomsKnowCaliberMatters

22. avatar Kaban says:

Holy shit.

She looks like slightly younger (or better photoshopped) version of M. Zaharova, that du…uh, excuse me, I meant mentally challenged female press-secretary of Russian Foregin Ministry. Oh, the irony of the Universe.

23. avatar kap says:

Just protecting her money source!

24. avatar Don says:

I hope she stays with them forever.

Hell, I’d like to HELP keep her in that position forever.

25. avatar Cea says:

He’s probably tapping it. There are other pics of her that are more flattering.

26. avatar J says:

She always looks like she needs a dick in her mouth…..