New(ish) From Crimson Trace: LiNQ Wireless Laser & Light

Crimson Trace’s LiNQ system has been available for the AR-15 for some time, and at the 2017 NRA Annual Meetings they announced expansion into the AK-style platform. The system consists of a rail-mount green laser and 300 lumen white light combo unit, which is controlled by a replacement pistol grip unit . . .

Mode selector button on each side, master on/off on the bottom left, and activation button on the top front (middle finger squeeze). Available modes are: light + laser, light, laser, laser with strobe light.

It’s a pretty slick setup, and in many cases certainly beats trying to mount a tape switch somewhere. An MSRP of $649, though, means it runs more than a lot of the rifles one might put it on.

comments

1. avatar BLoving says:

That “Blue Gun” looks faded…

1. avatar Evo Shift says:

Overcomplicated, and overpriced. I mounted a laser & light combo on the underside picatinny rail, immediately in front of my vertical foregrip. Front hand activates while holding the foregrip. Problem solved.

2. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

Pretty cool, though pricy. Somebody had a laser system a couple of years ago that actually consisted of three beams, as I recall, each slightly angled. It was intended for shotguns, with the idea being to light up your target in terms of the approximate shot pattern.

I didn’t buy at the time and now I don’t remember who marketed it or how much it was, but I did think that was pretty cool, too.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

I remember that one.

The ‘Predator’ laser…

3. avatar dlj95118 says:

…so, what happens if someone else close by has the same product?

Would you turn each other’s lights on and off?

1. avatar DaveW says:

Does your key unlock another shooter’s car? How many garages open with your opener?

1. avatar dlj95118 says:

…you’re assuming that the design was done correctly with this particular question mind.

I have, setting on my lab workbench, a wireless motion detector where the design did not consider the possibility of two neighbors having the same motion detect system.

And, you’re assuming that my truck and garage have electronics on the related doors. *8)

@DaveW, a few years ago, I had a wireless system that turned my house lights on and off at preset times. It also turned my neighbor’s lights on and off, and his system did the same to mine. So I think your question is valid.

2. avatar Petr says:

I suggest the video by InRangeTV about this system. They went into the technical side of this, although the representative couldn’t answer some of it.

3. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

I think I’d be more concerned, if I cared at all, with intentional jamming or just normal interference with the signal.

4. avatar gjbdjjchnh says:

stupid, you say smart guns are crap because all the electronics but this the same thing! if you are in a situation were the light is needed, what are going to do when it fails just like the smart gun?

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

I guess I’d just die. Errr, actually, I guess my wireless flashlight just wouldn’t work. But just the wireless activation aspect of it, as the button on the back of the light/laser until also activates it, so even if the wireless goes down you can still ‘see the light’ the old fashioned way. 😉

2. avatar Dan in CO says:

Please replace your keyboard, the shift key is broken.

On a separate note, this product does not activate a doomsday clock in NJ.

5. avatar JR Pollock says:

I like it, but for two issues, it’s not for me. The price, and I’m left handed, and I’m willing to be the activation switch is worked by the right thumb.

Since I’m going to have a hand on the hand guard anyway, there are a ton of lights/lasers that do the job almost as well for a lot less money