BREAKING: Mass Stabbing at University of Texas’ Austin Campus

University of Texas Austin campus at sunset-dusk – aerial view

News is coming in that there has been a mass stabbing at the University of Texas’ Austin campus. According to the Austin American Statesman, one person has been stabbed to death and three more people were injured before the attacker was taken into custody.

The University of Texas’ Austin campus has been in the news recently due to the passage of the “Campus Carry” law and the subsequent opposition to its implementation by members of the faculty and students under the banner Gun Free UT. Their opinion has been that the campus is perfectly safe enough with the current staffing of police officers, and the addition of concealed handguns would actually make campus less safe.

More information as the story develops.

comments

1. avatar Texheim says:

Aloha Snackbar

1. avatar herb gerber says:

so culturally enriching!

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

That’s what I thought too, because it fits the pattern. But the police are saying this is a 21 year old longtime student who’s been in the Austin area quite some time. If it is jihadism it’s some kind of snapped version of it. “Black Liberation” as an excuse is more likely, based on his dress.

1. avatar Mr. Woodcock says:

Maybe rogue lone wolf lesbian? Nah, the things they stab with are usually long and rubbery.

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

None of the above. Turns out he was previously released from involuntary confinement due to mental illness, was in treatment, and had doubled up on his Zoloft. Psychotic break.

“Austin police said one person — later identified as Kendrex White — is in custody after the stabbing . . . .”

Not charged yet and no motive has been ascribed.

1. avatar Evo Shift says:

Usual suspects……..

1. avatar Jeff K says:

I would say I’m shocked, but unfortunately not. But his last name is White…….`

2. avatar Cknarf says:

Cool helmets.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Sigh. You know, riding a bike as a cop is a pretty good gig. You get exercise, can sneak up on people better than in a car and go faster than on foot.

But the helmets are almost all ridiculous.

2. avatar David Walters says:

Yep, cool helmets. But REALLY COOL SHORTS!!!!!!!!!!

LF

3. avatar Madcapp says:

My god…Texas sure is packed to the rafters with A-holes.

1. avatar Chris says:

I noticed they didn’t beat him down with cocks.

1. avatar tjlarson2k says:

Because they don’t want them banned.

2. avatar Jack says:

“He’s my cousin.”

3. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

One guy (or even 10, or 100, or 1,000) in a state with a population pushing 30 million constitutes being packed to the rafters? Dude, switch to decaf. You sound like you’ve spent a little too much time up in the rafters, yourself.

4. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

My god…Texas sure is packed to the rafters with A-holes.

Austin, maybe, but not the whole state. Not by a long shot. So to speak.

1. avatar Sid says:

I see what you did there. Excellent.

1. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

@ Looks more like a belt sheath to a large hunting knife, or a bowie….

1. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

The article clearly states it is a “machete knife.” You know, as apposed to a machete spoon or fork.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Good thing it wasn’t an assault-glock.

2. avatar jwtaylor says:

This is Texas, that’s a butter knife.

3. avatar m470d0n says:

bowie knife is not a machete.

4. avatar Chris T in KY says:

Bring out the strap on dildos. They all said, well I will be nice today, some, libertarians said “reason” was so much more powerful than a gun. “Cocks Not Glocks” right!!!!!

Some one needs to go back and check all those dildo protest pictures to see if any of the stabbing victims was wearing her dildo last year protesting against gun civil-rights.

This reminds me of the store owner who was robbed after publicly banning guns. I think in South Carolina.

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

I don’t know what libertarians you hang out with, but private firearms ownership and use is a core tenet of libertarianism. The word you’re looking for is ‘progressive’.

1. avatar Chris T in KY says:

The libertarians Gary Johnson, William Weld, The 2016 Libertarian Party convention and the libertarian party debate held on the Fox business channel officiated by the libertarian reporter John Stossel. These are the libertarians I “hangout” with.

I don’t know and don’t care if this guy is a Muslim citizen or not. I do care that libertarians totally support letting murders and rapists come to America across the open borders that they support.
        I assume having dark skinned rapist coming to the USA makes libertarians feel less racist.

I don’t believe the libertarians support the Bill of Rights. But they do support legal marijuana intoxication.

1. avatar strych9 says:

This year saw the rise of the LINO.

2. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

A real libertarian is against gun laws, immigration laws, and most other laws.

The Libertarian presidential ticket supported fuddtastic gun laws.

Words stopped having any fixed meaning in politics a long time ago.

3. avatar Chris T in KY says:

TX Lawyer
          I knew if I was honest there would be at least one honest libertarian. And you are it. Thanks for coming out of the closet you are a globalist, supporting rapists and murderers coming here.
          “No immigration laws”.

If the libertarian party was any good before it got to be filled with people like you. You are a “citizen of the world” aren’t you. Be honest. People who never would support the Bill of Rights, you are very comfortable bringing into the USA. You hate your white skin don’t you???
          You feel less racist if that 14 year old white girl in a Maryland school is raped by two dark skinned illegal aliens.

You libertarians are really something.

4. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

Chris T in KY, I never said I was a libertarian. I simply explained what a libertarian was because you are clearly confused by the distinction between a libertarian and a liberal. I also noted that you were correct in stating that the libertarian party ran a pro gun control presidential ticket.

You need to work on your reading comprehension before accusing someone of both supporting rape and being generally un-American.

5. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

Also your writing is nearly incomprehensible. You have if then statements with no then half of the statement. I mean maybe if you used an ellipsis …

2. avatar Westwood says:

liberal ≠ libertarian

1. avatar UT - Austin says:

Shut it down! Shut it down!

Damn it man, where’s the override?!?!?

1. avatar Pwrserge says:

Looks like either a very sanitized page or another outbreak of aloha snack bar. My guess is either the latter or yet another Afrocentric terrorist wannabe.

1. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

@…I noticed that to…Almost like it was suddenly, and haphazardly put together…The FB indeed looked ” Sanitized”…Almost like an employment record from a malfeasance company attempting to hide legal culpability…Another “Obama administration / CIA , Lee Harvey Oswald type creation ?” Lol…Another Globalist “False Flag event.”

2. avatar Vhyrus says:

My page is very sanitary too because I never use FB and I have my privacy settings so that you don’t see shit but 4 or 5 very generic posts. No conspiracy here.

5. avatar Chazzer says:

Sudden Jihad syndrome !!!! Chazzer

6. avatar Jeff K says:

As far as I know, carrying a Bowie Knife in public in TX is illegal; yes, laws sure do work at preventing tragedy. BTW, isn’t stabbing people also illegal?

1. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

You are correct. A Bowie knife is by definition an illegal knife. Illegal knives are not illegal, just illegal to carry most places.

You are also correct that it is illegal to stab people. That’s been on the books a good while now. Don’t know how Mr. White missed it.

7. avatar Mike Betts says:

I heard that his girlfriend jilted him and he snapped. I don’t know about anyone else but if I had gone on a killing spree every time a girlfriend dumped me I’d be the greatest serial killer of all time.

8. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

This guy looks like your typical snowflake /cupcake , card carrying Democrat….Maybe more issues at large….Watching for “False Flags.”

1. avatar NYC2AZ says:

Marshmallows… Marshmallows everywhere.

1. avatar Tim says:

Captain McStabbypants. Nice Irish kid.

9. avatar Wolfowitz says:

Moms Demanding Attention kind of wishes it was an assault weapon attack, specifically a black automatic carabiner with a shoulder thing that goes up.

10. avatar Jolly Roger Out says:

So how did those defensive dildos work out for you, UT?

1. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

@…Best bet , perform Google search…Add large aggressive to the search context..! And…Holy Cow !!!!

11. avatar Nigel the expat says:

The sad part is the MOMs and the Trace will use this to say “See, campus carry did nothing. Therefore, ban guns on campus.”

12. avatar AlanInFL says:

This is a good reason to have campus carry.

13. avatar Mark N. says:

Hmmm, another jilted lover, just like the guy in San Diego. I wonder if the guy who was killed was the guy she dumped Mr. White for. After that, he just couldn’t stop himself.

14. avatar Rimfire says:

Cops in shorts and bike helmets, Oh the humanity!!!

15. avatar Noishkel says:

Pity that one of the victims isn’t going to be one of those idiot leftist behind that ‘C*cks not Glocks’ protest from a year or two ago. That’s the same uni that it happened at. And that would have been the best kind of irony.

16. avatar tjlarson2k says:

Can we print shirts that say “If the police were armed with dildos, there would be more dead. Take that and suck it.” already?