Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – TripleDotter

TD says this his his gear for “weekender work and play.” We hope he has a lot of pockets. See all of his gear at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar Mr.Savage says:

so that’s how “saggin your pants” became a thing.

2. avatar Sian says:

And I thought I carried a lot of stuff.

3. avatar penis_is_a_social_construct says:

Are field notes legal in CA?

1. avatar S.Crock says:

Yes but only low capacity 10 page or less notebooks.

4. avatar strych9 says:

The radio might actually be nicer than the phone.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

That Yaesu HT is nice, but I’ve been oogling the Kenwood TH-F6A.

Tri-bander, but what tickles my RF fancy is the broadband (AM BCB to 1 Ghz) receiver.

I really like the idea of stringing some wire and getting the major HF broadcasters at night, on a rig I can stick in my pocket…

1. avatar strych9 says:

It’s certainly nicer than the FT-60R I have on sitting on my desk.

I wasn’t questioning the radio, I was questioning the phone. It’s not a terrible mil-spec phone by when your phone is $90 and your radio is ~$350… well there’s reasons to do that but it’s not something you see every day.

5. avatar Cloudbuster says:

I’ve never actually seen one of those little field notes pads in real life that are in so many of these pocket dumps. Are they a status symbol for operators who operate operationally?

1. avatar PK says:

They’re a running joke.

6. avatar UncleK says:

Oh man, I finally checked out their website. They did a ballistics test on their new version. Video here,,,

1. avatar SouthAl says:

Now I get it, a substitute for body armor.

7. avatar Concerned_Carry says:

I guess I’m going to have to keep spreading the bad news on Field Notes. They were designed by Aaron Draplin, a man who actively bashes gun owners. I’ve seen this first hand at one of his presentations in 2015. It angered me listening to this guy smear gun owners. What’s worse is to see so many gun owners proudly support him. Please people, quit giving your money to a man who thinks you’re a mouth-breathing warmonger. There’s better alternatives to Filed Notes as long as you’re OK not looking like a hipster.

8. avatar Aaron says:

what a load of unnecessary clutter…