For millions of American school kids, b-b-b-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word. The NRA’s Eddie Eagle program continues to spread the message of honest-to-God gun safety, saving God knows how many lives in the process. EE’s latest . . .
an all-ages book so that 5th graders and up aren’t embarrassed in a “oooh, that’s for baaaabies” kinda way. Ms. Lowden tells TTAG that Eddie takes flight in some twenty-six thousand schools across the country. Even New Jersey! Yes, but . . .
According to infoplease.com, there were 98,817 public schools operating in the 2009 – 2010 school year. So Eddie isn’t in over 72k schools. Put another way, the NRA’s safety program only reaches 26 percent of school kids, leaving 74 percent without Eddie’s gun safety training.
Gun control kills. And that’s all I’ve got to say about that.