New From Savage Arms: Model 10 GRS

Not sure how Savage reconciles calling the new Model 10 GRS a “secret weapon” with sending out press releases about it, but either way it sounds like a great rifle. We’re certainly living through a renaissance of extremely accurate, highly-configurable bolt guns at non-custom prices. Press release follows . . .

Savage Arms Introduces Model 10 GRS

SUFFIELD, Connecticut – April 19, 2017 – Savage Arms is pleased to offer serious long-range shooters a new secret weapon with the Savage Model 10 GRS. The rifle delivers exceptional accuracy and performance whether you’re engaged in top-level competition or simply trying to beat your personal best. Shipments of these firearms are currently being delivered to dealers.

The Model 10 GRS houses the full suite of accuracy-enhancing Savage features firmly within a GRS stock made of 15 percent fiberglass-reinforced Durethan, with 65 percent glass bedding material.

The rock-stable stock’s slimmed down dimensions and textured surfaces provide a better grip in wet conditions, while its length-of-pull can be adjusted to fit any shooter. Plus, its Savage action, precise button rifling, fluted heavy barrel and user-adjustable AccuTrigger deliver the accuracy of custom rifles at a fraction of the price.

Features & Benefits
• GRS adjustable stock made of 15 percent fiberglass-reinforced Durethan
• User-adjustable Savage AccuTrigger
• Slim grip and fore-end with textured rubber grip surfaces
• Adjustable length-of-pull from 33.5 to 36.5 cm
• 5/8-24 threaded muzzle
• Fluted heavy barrel
• 10-round AICS-compatible magazine
• Flush cup sling loops included and sling mount for bipod use installed

Part No. / Description / MSRP
22596 / 6.5 Creedmoor, 24-inch barrel / $1,449
22599 / 308 Win., 20-inch barrel / $1,449

Savage Arms is a brand of Vista Outdoor Inc., an outdoor sports and recreation company. To learn more about Savage Arms, visit www.savagearms.com.

I believe a 6mm Creedmoor flavor is planned as well.

comments

1. avatar VillarPerosa says:

nice looking rifle

2. avatar Tyler Kee says:

It looks like a TC Encore and an Anschutz killed a fifth of tequila together nine months ago. I want to touch it.

3. avatar Sunshine_Shooter says:

No left-handed version? For shame, Savage!

1. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

Yes, that’s the first thing I looked for and was also disappointed.

Aside: I’m an odd case here. I’m right-handed but have poor vision in my right eye and so although I shoot handguns right-handed, I shoot rifles left-handed. I do OK with it, though, including an Army Sharpshooter badge (missed Expert by one @#$&* round!).

2. avatar TimB says:

From the photo it’s hard to tell if the cheek riser is concave or convex on the lefty side. I’m gonna have to find out.

4. avatar Aaron says:

Hmm I wonder what gives you the idea that a 6.5 Creedmore version is planned? That’s some hard hitting investigative journalism… I’ll bet it’s going to come with a 24 inch barrel.

1. avatar JeffR says:

Try googling 6mm Creedmor ….

2. avatar Jeremy S. says:

For the reading impaired, the press release lists 6.5 Creedmoor, which is a different caliber than the 6mm Creedmoor I mentioned later. How ’bout dat?

Also, it’ll probably have a 26″ barrel.

Also, cash me ousside.

😉

1. avatar Aaron says:

lol my bad. Misread that. : )

5. avatar ORCON says:

Why in the name of all things good and holy does the 308 version only get a 20″ barrel?

1. avatar Will says:

Good question, because the velocity doesn’t level off with the .308 until about 26 inches. http://rifleshooter.com/2014/12/308-winchester-7-62x51mm-nato-barrel-length-versus-velocity-28-to-16-5/

6. avatar KAP says:

.308 barrel needs to be longer, they are handicapping this chambering in favor of the 6.5, Why? Some so called expert says that a 20 inch barrel is good enough for our snipers why not a bench rest guy!

7. avatar Julius Corrino says:

What I don’t get is why GRS is not considering making a long action version of the Berserk stock. This thing is screaming for the .300 Win Mag.

8. avatar MONTY SNOW says:

WHAT IS THE MOST ACCURATE 6.5 CREEDMOOR ROUND IN THE NEW SAVAGE MODEL 10 GRS 6.5. WILL BE DEER, COYOTES, SHEEP AND TARGETS. THANKS,
    MONYTY