Shannon Watts and Her Moms Protest at (Well, Near) the NRA Convention

Shannon Watts vowed that her Moms will not be silenced. Toward that end they’ve arrived in force in Atlanta, storming the Georgia World Congress Center and getting in the faces of tens of thousands of NRA convention-goers.  Well, sort of . . .

Actually, our pal Shannon was only able to muster a few score red-shirted “protestors.” They’ve assembled not outside the NRA convention, but blocks away from the convention in Woodruff Park. RF, who’s on the scene, sends these photos and estimates the crowd (minus media members) at under 200.

We’d put up a full report of what was said, but really, why bother? She’s said it all, almost verbatim, hundreds of times before. You can probably write that stuff yourself by now.

comments

1. avatar GS650G says:

And Shannon thanks you for the publicity. Start ignoring this and it might start going away.

1. Bloomberg’s millions give her plenty of publicity. The funny part is having roughly 200 people show up to protest however many thousands at the NRAAM.

1. avatar Norincojay says:

There’s 50 people rallying for Trump on the side of the road in Cape Coral Florida today. I estimate about that. I passed them and waved. They are there every once in a while with between 50-200 people. They are on the local news some time.

2. avatar Jeff K says:

I read, probably here maybe, 80,000 expected at NRA Convention. That’s 400 times more.

2. Uh huh. Google “Shannon Watts” and “Moms Demand Action” and see how much free pub she gets from the like-minded media. She ain’t going away as long a Michael Bloomberg has cash. And he has plenty of that.

3. avatar Ragnarredbeard says:

Ignore termites and what happens?

1. avatar DDay says:

yep. Don’t ignore the rats and coach roaches like Shannon Watts, you shine the light on them and confront their lies each and every time. And you see Shannon running for the exit like a coach roach.

Dana Loesch confronted her at one of these stunts of hers and started to ask her questions. She would/couldn’t answer a single one and she ran off to the dark SUV as faster as she could. She’s a coward with no knowledge, little support and against what the people want.

Btw, who dresses her? That outfit today was atrocious. She needs a make over.

2. avatar Norincojay says:

Why can’t you be a boy with a gun fetish and a good guy with a gun? You can be anything you want to be in America.

1. avatar AndrewinVA says:

I had the same thought.

2. avatar Darren P. says:

You are absolutely correct………….so hereby identify as “gun-fluid. Sometimes I feel like a shotgun, sometimes a rifle and still other times a hand gun. Ah hell, the mood hits just right I feel like a cannon. Hahahaha

3. avatar strych9 says:

Personally, I’m offended by that sign’s presumption of how I choose to identify.

1. avatar Prudiikal says:

Im offended that they assumed my age.

4. avatar Andrew Lias says:

I want to self identify as “gun” today.

3. avatar Cucamonga Jeff says:

The ignorance and delusion of some of those signs…. Wow…. Just wow.

4. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

So. I’m a “frightened boy with a gun fetish” now?”
    I’m laughing too much to say anything intelligent.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Tom, did you see who sponsored that sign-truck?

None other than the bitter shrews from ‘Betsy Riot’…

2. avatar TStew says:

Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I’ll be here sucking my thumb wrapped up in my snuggle sipping chamomile and cuddling my 1911 in fear if you need to share your feelings of inadequacy, fetishism and/or toxic masculinity.

5. avatar Cole says:

They can’t even get enough moms to show up so now they have to bring dads and kids to make their numbers not look too pathetic.

1. avatar Bob Jones says:

I’d wager that half those folks were paid $100 to show up.

6. avatar Shire-man says:

As always their messaging is all over the map.
    Gotta love the “regulated body” thing. Instead of wishing for everybody elses chains to be as burdensome as your own (or as you perceive your own) why not wish for everyones chains to be cast off?

Fools and politicians only know how to restrict it seems. Liberation is like some mysterious language with no Rosetta Stone.

1. avatar n64456 says:

I’m in favorite of all Democrat women having as many abortions as they want…. Every Democrat baby aborted = One less criminal to rob, rape, deal drugs, and murder 15 years from now…..

Robber = Democrat

Rapist = Democrat

Narcotics dealer = Democrat

Murderer = Democrat

Democrats = Criminals

1. avatar Paladin says:

Yes. The democrat “big tent” has room even for jihadis, but not for those who believe in free speech (that they disagree with) or those who hold the second amendment in the same regard as the first.

7. avatar Skoon says:

Is it just me or is there not a single attractive person in the whole crowd and very few that appear to have anything close to a normal bmi. It’s like where’s waldo for a healthy person over there.

1. avatar Swarf says:

Welcome to America. That’s probably not a track you want to pursue lest people start posting examples from whatever your favorite cause may be.

1. avatar Skoon says:

Like eating healthy and getting some exercise occasionally

8. avatar Big Bill says:

That’s not really much of a showing for a group backed by Bloomberg. Especially with a twofer to protest.

9. avatar David N says:

You know, if you blow in her ear, a dust bunny will fly out of the other one…..

10. avatar CalGunsMD says:

Well, blessherlilheart…….

11. avatar Bernard says:

Cringe.

12. avatar Jeffy Dahmer says:

Somebody should have dump a truck load of bullcrap right on stage and all over Shannon Watts and be like here some more b******* to go along with yours.

13. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

Pretty bad when ‘scores’ of moms demanding action show up and the prettiest one is Mikey’s little pet. You’d think he could afford a higher grade of tail for his little shindigs.

14. avatar Ironhead says:

Ok shannon. Im a scared little boy with a gun fetish. Rather be that than bloomies meat puppet.
    Thanks for all the good penis jokes. The infantile people at these rallies says all i need to know about their mentality.
    If you want to be regulated like a gun…. okay here goes…. you are not allowed in schools, on an airplane, in government buildings, and you must be secured is a safe when not in use.
    There you go…. now go strap a dildo to your forehead so you can show everyone how enlightened you are.

1. avatar Mister Fleas says:

Ooo, burn.

“Why is my body more regulated and less valued than your gun?” asks one of Shannon’s zombie bunny-boilers.

Please, b!tch. Have you seen that body in a mirror?

1. avatar Big Bill says:

Maybe if she valued her mind more than her body, she would answer her own question.

16. avatar Eddie says:

How dare they assume my gender, and I find the use of the term boy offensive!

17. avatar IdahoPete says:

AAAH, the sweet scent of Schadenfreude blowing on the wind.

Hey, Shannon – President Trump was at our NRA convention, and he appointed a strict Consttutionalist – Neil Gorsuch – to the Supreme Court. When Ginsburg petrifies we will get another one. We won, you lost – deal with it, buttercup.

GLOAT.

18. avatar jwm says:

Is that Dirk in the pink shirt getting a picture with Shannon?

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

(snicker)

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

If you’re talking about the 6th picture down, I do believe that is the guy that did that sit-in on the House or Senate floor that someone Photoshopped crying baby-suckers in their mouths.

On the left side, is that him?

1. avatar JBinGA says:

Yep That is John Lewis.

2. avatar barnbwt says:

Can we really still call him John Lewis, though? The man’s so senile he’s not even the shell of the demagogue he once was. Elvis has sort of left the building on that one, as with so many of the other anti-gun fossils.

Holy crap; besides Shannon (who’s being paid by an old man) and Gabby (see previous paragraph), I think every notable figure on the anti-gun side is at least seventy at this point. Just a bunch of shrill geezers trying to squeeze meaning into the sad remainder of their lives by punishing the young.

19. avatar Button Gwinnet says:

200 is ten score, more than a few score.

Still, not terribly many.

1. avatar Nevernude says:

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

20. avatar Catherine says:

Going to have to revise the headcount to deduct for Weer’d Beard, Gail Pepin, Sean Sorrentino & the like in the crowd observing

21. avatar Rick the Bear (now in NH) says:

Man, I couldn’t believe that I had to get a NICS check for my cup of lemonade. What a contrast to buying a basketful of guns at the grocery store. They were right next to the produce.

Ms Watts, Mikey, et al: better to keep your mouths shut and be thought fools than open your mouths and remove all doubt.

22. avatar gustavo giggle says:

This should have been titled as “200 people masturbate in public park” thats what this is, a freak show of uninformed and ignorant attention seakers. A big public circle jerk.

1. avatar barnbwt says:

LOL

23. avatar ComfortablyNumb says:

The lightbulb joke is actually pretty funny.

1. avatar Ing says:

I liked that one too. Every once in a while these fools find a nugget.

2. avatar travis m. says:

I am totally stealing that joke.

3. avatar Matt in FL says:

Agreed. The rest was the same pathetic tripe, but that one showed creativity.

24. avatar Lew says:

A bunch of moms against guns…BORING….A MILF rally would have brought in a bigger crowd….it would certainly have my support..

25. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

I do notice what looks like one of her her tacticool bodyguards – beard, shades. short sleeve light blue shirt. Wonder if he’s allowed a gat or not.

Wonder what he did to piss of Mikey enough to be condemned to soccer mom purgatory.

26. avatar Oliver says:

Q: “How many NRA members do you need to change a light bulb?” A: “More guns.”

That one is kind of funny.

1. avatar barnbwt says:

“You see this lightbulb? It is BURNT OUT! That’s right, my friends; and it’s all the fault of elitist liberals who would have you live in darkness for eternity. It’s not enough to fix this onelightbulb, we gotta protect ourselves against further darkeness first! Donate today, it’s the only way to ensure we can one day fix this lightbulb together! Lifetime memberships are half off this quarter.”

27. avatar JBinGA says:

If all the thugs and low life thieving scum(who I might add do not care for !@#$ about gun laws) that I know dwells in and around the city find there are lots of unarmed, soft targets to rob and steal from all in a one stop shop area called Woodruff Park……..

28. avatar No one of consequence says:

Well, at least now I know why the antis don’t think we should to be allowed MANPADS…

29. avatar M1Lou says:

Where did Dirk go? I miss his comments about Shannon. Did he get a restraining order against him for professing his undying, never ending love for that bug and cross eyed money grubber?

30. avatar Darren P. says:

You know what would be.more funny even border line ironic is if some of those Moms Demand morons got robbed while walking back to.their.cars. Then maybe the lightbulb would flicker and they would understand “The GREAT Equalizer” mentality.

1. avatar Big Bill says:

No, they would not.
      They would feel sorry for the poor soul who was forced to steal to feed his children by the policies of the Republicans. They would then go on CNN to tell their harrowing story of how Trump was responsible for the desperate actions of a downtrodden person forced into a life of crime by the unfeeling people who took away his job.
      That’s what they would do.

31. avatar Calamitus says:

Too bad no one showed up open carrying. I would have payed to see the reactions.

32. avatar Rick3 says:

I could not see the sign about “just good noses” clearly enough to see what that was about….
    Anyone?

1. avatar Sho Rembo says:

Not sure what they are trying to say on that one. I guess they think assault weapons sniff out prey or something. They have pictures of hunting dogs on there, so that is all I can figure. Would go along with their belief that firearms are magical.

33. avatar Treedodger says:

We just got back from the NRA convention on Friday and Saturday and did not realize they were in the state let alone the city. We had a great time and their presence went completely unnoticed by anyone except themselves.

1. avatar Treedodger says:

My wife just looked at these pictures and I have to share her responses.

“Why do you need to over compensate”
      Her response, I don’t have one of those things.

“Non-violence is a weapon on the strong…Ghandi”
      Her response, Doesn’t he live on a mountain top?

“You’re a frightened boy with a gun fetish”
      Her response, Don’t they think women carry guns?

Too funny and too true.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

“Non-violence is a weapon on the strong…Ghandi”
        Her response, Doesn’t he live on a mountain top?

No. He doesn’t live anywhere. Because he got shot.

1. avatar Treedodger says:

Once again proving why self-defense is so important, thanks!

34. avatar Sven says:

Frightened boy comments about a 3 percenter? Something tells me that they don’t know what that III on the T-shirt of their graphic actually means.

Last pic says it all, she is surrounded by several armed bodyguards, as usual.

35. avatar TrueBornSonofLiberty says:

Could’ve formed an L shape perimeter around that park with a few belt feds and been done with them.

1. avatar Bob says:

You would have killed more pro-gun spectators than anti-gun protestors.

36. avatar W says:

Lots of men (presumably) wearing “Moms Demand Action” shirts.

37. avatar ATTAG Reader says:

NPR gave Shannon equal air time as they did for the article on the NRA convention itself. It is heartening to see how few showed up for her protest.

38. avatar KAP says:

Gee they got something half right right, I was a frightened boy with gun, {Veteran of South East Asia War Games}
    Basically what they are doing is slamming the Veterans, who were taught; this is my gun there are many like it etc. in almost all boot camps! Hurry up go to war so we can Label you second class citizens all because you didn’t run away too Canada and become their Hero! Most Veteran have 1 gun and are willing to use them! Moms: we don’t trust you because you might go wacko, commit suicide, that damn gun just cannot house break it, goes out all night shooting then comes home an wants to sleep all day, just no control or self discipline!

39. avatar Geoff says:

Is open carry allowed in that Park?
    If so, I would have rounded up a bunch the NRA open carry people and outnumbered them.

40. avatar Rimfire says:

all those cuck’d men in attendance, lol. “Now Dear, put on this red shirt I bought you and stand with me or else” And yes, as mentioned, Shannon surrounded by armed bodyguards tells more than all the signs and speakers present there.

41. avatar O Bloody Hell says:

Regarding pic #10.

Are they just incapable of talking about my penis in the middle of a gun control discussion?

I think it says a lot about who has got compensation mechanisms.

42. avatar TyrannyOfEvilMen says:

I heard that all of the people in the red T-shirts were Shannon’s armed security detail.

Probably just a rumor… /:-)

43. avatar Hey Porky says:

Some airlines also “regulate” that a body like that has to buy two seats.

1. avatar Scoutino says:

Unfortunately not all of them.

44. avatar Scoutino says:

Scared boy with a gun? Why would I be scared? I have a gun!

Unlike the “If I will not think about it, it will not happen to me!” crowd I accept reality. I also have several fire extinguishers and don’t wake up in the middle of the night screaming about fiery inferno. But maybe I’m just over compensating for my graying hair….or something