Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Robby

Robby says, “I temporarily live in an urban environment so most of you will probably think this setup is overkill. However, it feels like Im not carrying anything because most of this obviously goes into my pack. I feel like this setup is pretty basic but I still have options and I like being prepared if SHTF.” See all Robby’s gear at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar Texheim says:

p2022

2. avatar Hannibal says:

I don’t see the link but that looks like a water filtration device? And I see a firestarter and knife sharpener, too.

On a hiking trip? Makes sense. But carrying daily in an urban environment? I won’t call you a mall-ninja but there’s gotta be something similar for this situation. “City Crocodile Dundee?”

1. avatar strych9 says:

It’s a knockoff of the LifeStraw. I see them at Dick’s but never noted the name.

As for the rest, if it’s in a pack, whatever. If he has to hoof it a long distance he’s got front covered that most don’t. It’s kind of an EDC GHB minimalist setup.

2. avatar Tal says:

At this point I either don’t believe people or just figure it’s a hobby

3. avatar Rokurota says:

TTAG needs to change the title of this series. There hasn’t been a “pocket dump” for months now, unless by pocket you mean pocket universe.

1. avatar Warren says:

TARDIS dump.

4. avatar Bcb says:

If he’s carrying a pack that’s pretty minimal. Sig, wallet, keys, knife, phone, maybe pen in pocket. All else in a pretty small pack and you don’t have an abnormal daily setup. If you have water and a gun you’re set for most anything.

5. avatar Muzzle Device says:

All that effort and and about the most important urban tool is a flashlight, yet this doomsday prepper carries a POS Coast. Two knives, a sharpener, a fire steel, water filter. But a junk light? Man up and buy a Surefire. And what, no paranoid bracelet?

6. avatar Logan Anderson says:

I have that same SOG pack, I carry extra granola bars, my IFAK, flashlight, headlamp, charger cords and lots else with ease everyday in it, plus what I carry on my person.

7. I don’t know anyone over 14 named Robby.