Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Doug Keller

Who doesn’t love strapping on a commander-sized 1911? Michigander Doug Keller’s classic of choice is a Ruger SR1911. See all his gear at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar Mmmtacos says:

Who doesn’t love strapping on a Commander sized 1911? The guy in the pic, I imagine. Must be why he went with the way JMB intended it: Government 1911 with a 5″ barrel.

1. avatar jimmy james says:

And he must have deep pockets…

2. avatar DoomGuy says:

At least this guy carries an extra mag, unlike most of the other dips#!+s who think they’re being so “Tactical” by carrying five knives, two flashlights, their wallet, a pen, a bulls#!+ “Field Notes” booklet, their phone, etc., etc. and then forego even one reload for what they can jokingly call a “carry pistol” (chambered in .22lr of course, because it’s all about shot placement they’ll say).

And yes I am making a broad generalization, but I don’t think it’s uncalled for given some of the outright ridiculous things I’ve seen on these pocket dumps.

1. avatar COstew says:

I think that’s just the mag from the gun as there doesn’t appear to be one in it. Looks like he’s also depending on just one.

2. avatar Specialist38 says:

Put on your Nomex suit and post your stuff big boy.

We’ll decide how much of a dipshit you are.

1. avatar strych9 says:

*snicker*

OTOH, it’s 2017, who carries dumb stuff like a wallet and phone these days? By now everyone should know that those items are not Gecko45 approved.

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

Lmao

3. avatar Hannibal says:

Remember that these selections at TTAG are not necessarily random…

3. avatar strych9 says:

I’m not a huge 1911 fan but I like this setup in general.

I’d prolly upgrade the light a touch but that’s just my bias talking.

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

If he’d carry a Super 38, that could be his secondary light source.

1. avatar strych9 says:

LOL! That’s what I have an M44 Nagant in my trunk for.

It’s a gun, a torch and a one prong pitchfork/cooking stick all in one. No campfire needed for cooking because the rifle makes it’s own.

4. avatar Coffee Addict says:

that watch is giving me anxiety.

1. avatar Frank in VA says:

It’s the crown on the left side. The just put it there to mess with people.

5. avatar Adub says:

Beautiful gun. Still, my pants would need tactical support for all that weight.