Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Dm

Dm writes that, “Colder weather means the usual Glock 19 gets swapped for the trusty Glock 17. The rest remains consistent 99% of the time. Reliable firearm, spare magazines, quality medical, sturdy blade and all the lumens.” See the lumens and everything else at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar Hannibal says:

If you’re going somewhere you might need two (2) tourniquets, you shouldn’t be going there.

1. avatar Swarf says:

1 for the leg, 1 for the neck.

1. avatar Dm says:

Advocating a neck tq eh? I see someone neglected their medical training ?

2. avatar Dm says:

There is a third in the red pouch along with some celox and a compression bandage.
      Cat for adult sized limbs, rats work on kids and dogs where the cat wont tighten enough and the swat t is a backup for either one.

2. avatar Swarf says:

1 is none, 2 is 1, 4 is f’ing overkill.

1. avatar Dm says:

You are very likely right as far as the odds are concerned. To me it isnt about the odds, its about the stakes.

3. avatar 2A FTW says:

Q: Hey would you show us what you carry for an article that we do?

A: *oh man, I better get some stuff together to make me look extra cool*…’yea, I’ll be right by and you can take a pic of my stuff that I carry everyday’

1. avatar Dm says:

I got no reason to lie about what I carry everyday. The premise of the site is to discuss carry choices and methods so we can all make better choices by collective knowlege and experience. It’s called everyday carry not behold my collection of cool stuff, I treat it accordingly.

4. avatar strych9 says:

A RAT and a CAT? WTF?

I don’t trust the RATS TQ at all. When a company lies about their endorsements I don’t trust them.

1. avatar Dm says:

Strych, a cat wont tighten up enough for childrens or dogs limbs. The rats fills a niche there and to me is worth tossing in a back pocket.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Fair enough. If you’re dealing with things that small the drawbacks to the RATS are basically non-existent.

1. avatar Dm says:

Exactly my thoughts on the issue. Cat is my go to for myself and other adult sized humans as it is the most proven. Rats and swat t serve as backups for us but primaries for whom a cat would be ineffective.

5. avatar Tile floor says:

What, no field notes, SAPI plates, and rifle?

way to be unprepared homie.

1. avatar Dm says:

I know, after years of carrying this stuff I’m still doing it wrong ???

6. avatar Robert T Foy says:

No Idea what half that shits is, no matter my pockets are not big enough for all that shit anyway.

1. avatar Dm says:

I would highly advise taking a medical class and becoming aquainted with the medical equipment. As people who carry firearms we should know how to poke holes in badguys and fix holes poked in good guys.

7. avatar Hello World says:

Love how a women, even with her make-up, carries less then this joker.

1. avatar Dm says:

When it comes to things I may rely on to save my life or the lives of my loved ones, I do not believe less is more. After much thought and many different holster setups I arrived at what you see here. It is always evolving and I fully expect that it will continue to do so as I gain more knowlege, more training and as my lifestyle and physical attributes change as well.

2. avatar jwm says:

Before coming to CA I lived and worked in country where it snowed. Both for the jobs and for fun I spent a lot of time outdoors in the winter. I wore a parka, amongst other items.

I carried some food. Water. First aid and fire starting kit. In addition to which I carried a full sized Ruger .357 and ammo. And if I was hunting I carried more.

He did say this was his cold weather carry.

8. avatar Bob in IN says:

4 double stack mags? Go no words or scenarios sans combat.

1. avatar DrewN says:

In the comments he says if he could add a G26 and a fixed blade to his load out he would be comfortable dropping down to two spare mags.. hahahahahahahaha.

1. avatar Dm says:

Give me some credit, I said one or two. That is in process now, refining methods and finding combinations that will allow the trading of a spare mag for a fixed blade. in my estimation that will be a worthy trade. Ymmv

2. avatar Dm says:

The majority of my friends and family who carry chose a 9mm glock, as such I carry extra spares for those who cannot do so themselves.

1. avatar Erich says:

That’s actually a very good reason.

2. avatar pwrserge says:

Are your friends and family code for a fire team? I can’t think of a situation outside of an action movie (or Fallujah) where I would need to carry sidearm ammo for other people. I mean seriously, if you get yourself into a situation where between yourself and your “friends” you go through 85 rounds of 9mm, the cavalry is comes over the hill in the next scene.

1. avatar strych9 says:

When seconds count the police are just minutes away.

The old West version is “When Indians are lobbing flaming arrows at your circled wagons the cavalry is just over the next hill.” (Unless of course they were led by Custer in which case they’re all dead and you’re completely fucked.)