Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Deeptoot

About his pistol and blade, Deeptoot says, “Easy to accurately put rounds on a target in a hurry if need be and with minimal recoil. And as for the knife, it has served me very well. I’ve beat it to death and it still functions perfectly.” See it all at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar HandyDan says:

I have that same knife, carried it for a while. While I moved on to higher end carry knives (current EDC is a Benchmade 940), I still am surprised at what a decent knife that is, especially considering branded knives are usually not great.

1. avatar Ed says:

For some reason Smith and wesson branded knives seem to suck a bit less than other budget branded knives. I have a fixed blade boot knife that has kept an edge for years now.

2. avatar Madcapp says:

What kind of pistol is that? Its so thick on top, it reminds me of all the fat people at Wal-mart.

1. avatar FlaFrogman says:

Sig SP2022 9mm

1. avatar Joel says:

They are good shooters. Not as fun to carry as some other options out there.

3. avatar Carrucan says:

According to his comments, he carries the unloaded pistol in his front cargo pocket, and the magazine in his back pocket. Interesting choices.

4. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

Oh god, Tanto blade AND half serrated?

I don’t think it’s possible for me to like a knife any less.

1. avatar sound awake says:

whats up with these guys that spend $500+ on a carry pistol and then back it up with a $25 knife…

1. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

I have no problem with value knives, any more than value pistols.

I might look askance on a carry package of a HiPoint and an Ozark Trail Walmart special knife. But I usually carry Gerber or CRKT knives in the 25-30 dollar range.

But the Tanto is a crummy bladeshape, and partial serrations are only useful if you’re cutting a lot of twine off of bales of hay.

5. avatar Robert says:

Personally 45+ rounds is a bit much for me, but I guess you never know when you’re going to be spontaneously pinned down in Kabul.