Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Ajax of Telamon

About his gear, Ajax the Athenian says, “The G26 carried appendix with the Eclipse is very comfy. The horizontal carrier by Bawidamann is very discreet. I use a G17 mag for those extra 7 rounds. The Victorinox tool is kind of a novelty for me. I used the SAKs as a child and still want something Swiss on me to connect me with my childhood.” See all of his gear at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar Swilson says:

Duct tape, pick set. Where’s your mask?

1. avatar Swarf says:

Gorilla Tape, but yes, creeper kit for sure.

1. avatar Warren says:

Thick black tape, orange branding on the inside of the cardboard roll…. it’s definitely gorilla tape.

2. avatar Curtis in IL says:

I swear some of these pocket dumps are just put together for a laugh. Unless this dude is a locksmith.

… But before there was Gorilla brand tape, there was DUCK tape, originally used in the military to seal ammo boxes from moisture. It repelled moisture “like water off a duck’s back,” hence the nickname.

Many ill-informed homeowners since then have used the stuff to seal joints in heating ducts in homes. But it was never designed for that purpose and is poorly suited for that application. It tends to dry out and fall to pieces over time.

3. avatar Ranger Rick says:

Ajax should really rethink his carry set up. According to him the pick set is for work and his “employer” is aware of what he carries. If I had come upon him in my previous employment, the pick set would have qualified for burglar’s tools. That along with the pistol and the duct tape would have earned him a free ride to the gray bar hotel for the night. The gun, tape and picks would’ve been seized for evidence and his car towed.

If the picks and tape are for legitimate work probably best to keep them there.

1. avatar strych9 says:

I take it you worked in one of the six states in the union where picks are considered burglary tools unless you’re a locksmith?

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

Gorilla duct tape. *snort*.

Every operator operating optimally opts to carry a stolen, er, a ‘procured’ roll of ‘EB Green’… 🙂

1. avatar MDC says:

I see you’ve worked at ‘the boat’. You from the north east?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

My family was from the Nor’east.

I never worked at the ‘yards, but I have a cousin who is a navel architect who worked on USN ‘projects’. Stuff like high-pressure piping that surface ships never experience.

(I’ve heard about EB Green from the book ‘Blind Man’s Bluff’. It covered the CIA submarine intel operations. An absolutely *fascinating* read on the Cold War.

I understand authentic ‘EB Green’ is very expensive, if it can be found. And there are counterfeits out there being sold as the real stuff…

1. avatar MDC says:

authentic eb green makes that there gorilla tape look like scotch tape. shits boss

3. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

I’ve never seen the point of the magazine extensions for the 26 et al. It makes the grip as long as a 19, so just carry a 19 instead and have an easier to shoot gun for the same ease of concealment! Only the flat-base magazine gives you any concealment advantage.

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

The Glock 26 is shorter and lighter than the Glock 19, with or without the grip extension.

Everyone has their “just right” compromise of size & weight vs. capacity. I like my G26 with its Pierce grip extension (as above). Your mileage may vary.

1. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

My point was that the 26 is only for concealment, and the grip extension makes it worse at that.

2. avatar Don from CT says:

I prefer the G26 with a G19 mag to an actual G19. The shorter slide is easier when I’m sitting and driving and the grip length allows me to get my whole hand on it.

The fact that there isn’t a grip over the mag has never bothered me and in fact the protrusion from the mag base plate makes my pinkie less likely to slip off than it is even on a G19.

To each his own.

As for all the other stuff. Lock picks??!!?? Secret aaagennt Man, Secret Aaaagent man . . .

4. Is this guy Dennis Reynolds from “It’s Always Sunny”?

1. avatar WRH says:

Not pictured: zip ties and gloves.

“Tools. Tools. Duct tape, zip ties and gloves. I have to have my tools! “

2. avatar Ad says:

hilarious, I was thinking the exact same thing. I recall the scene when he is going through the trunk of his car and has what amounts to a serial killer kit.

5. avatar Justin says:

That looks more like a home invasion kit then everyday carry. Duct tape, lock picks, knuckle duster?

1. avatar Cloudbuster says:

“She just doesn’t understand how much I love her. But she will. She will. It’s our destiny!”

6. avatar bob says:

Yea, I’m gonna go ahead and question how a roll of Gorilla (and it is) tape is every day pocket dump, looks more like a grab and go kit than whats in your pocket.

7. avatar Paul says:

If he’s Ajax of Telemon, can I be Hercules of Testicles?

1. avatar jwm says:

You can worship at the Alter of Testicles. I believe it’s in a basement in San Francisco.

Is Ajax of Telemon related to Bab-O of the Bathroom Sink?

9. avatar strych9 says:

I know titanium is expensive to work with but for such a limited set that ITS set of picks is pretty darn expensive.

SouthOrd Stainless picks are a far better value and easy to replace individually when you inevitably break one.

His occupation/location makes me wonder… what kind of consultant is he? Does he work for Academi or something?

10. avatar skrobie says: