Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Craig A Wildfeuer Jr

As Craig writes, “I am a Sig guy, first and foremost. From time to time, though, I just want to carry a Glock.” His secret is safe with us. See what else Craig carries at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar NineShooter says:

If a person carries a Glock to defend that which is most important to him (his life), then he can’t be much of a SIG guy.

More likely just a bit confused about which tool is actually the best one for the job, or maybe someone who is subject to a lot of peer pressure from rich shooting buddies.

A “closet” SIG guy. Now I’ve heard it all…

1. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

It’s a GLOCK in SIG caliber at least 🙂

1. avatar NineShooter says:

I suppose that’s true. Hinting at those closet SIG tendencies again (NTTAWWT)…

A baker’s dozen 125 grain Gold Dots out of a Gen4 G32 is a good combo. A person could do a whole lot worse than that (and many do).

2. avatar Hannibal says:

That flashlight is great- I carried as a backup that was usually better than my primary light. At least until I lost it because it was too conveniently small 🙁

1. avatar Anner says:

Heck yeah it is. It’s older brother takes AA or CR123A, bumping up flexibility when replacing the batteries.

1. avatar NineShooter says:

Yep, the dual-fuel 1L-1AA is top of my list for general-purpose or EDC lights right now.

Search for “Streamlight 88061”.

3. avatar Anner says:

That folder is one of the best values around. Ontario RAT model 1, think I paid around $45-50. Smooth action, stout lock, sturdy clip, just-right blade style and size for general use.

1. avatar Anner says:

It’s confusing, for sure. Ontario bought the RAT design from Randall Adventure and still sells RAT folders and fixed blade designs. Randall restarted producing their own fixed blades under the ESEE name. Both are solid, but I decided on the ESEE. I saw an instructor literally split a pine log in half in -5F weather, then use the same blade to whittle fine fire sticks. Sold!

2. avatar texanhawk says:

Yes.. that’s why I was mislead. Randall has split off their relationship with Ontario but obviously cannot use the RAT name even though Randall’s Adventure and Training is his company’s name. https://randallsadventure.com/
          I have a Ontario fixed blade RAT (which I love) and am about to order a folder from ESEE.