“The very first thing I did was try the trigger,” our man Leghorn said in an earlier post, after encountering a Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 in the wild. “I can confirm that it is indeed miles better than the original version. The mechanism on the inside provided a trigger pull with just a hint of roll before cleanly breaking. Reset was relatively short but you could definitely feel the ‘click’ when you hit the reset point.” Yes, well, Apex Tactical Solutions wants you to know that they have the bits that make the trigger on the old M&P and the new one better. Here’s their presser [via ammoland.com]:
PEORIA, Ariz. – Apex Tactical Specialties, the leading manufacturer of aftermarket drop-in firearms parts, announces available Apex upgrades for the new M&P M2.0 from Smith & Wesson.
“We’ve been working with the new M&P M2.0 pistol and are pleased to announce that several of our existing parts designed for the M&P are compatible in the new M&P M2.0, in 9mm and .40S&W, and deliver the kind of performance upgrade customers have come to expect from Apex,” said Scott Folk, vice president of Apex Tactical Specialties.
The Apex Action Enhancement Trigger, in either Polymer (#100-025) or Aluminum (#100-064), replaces the factory hinged trigger for a more ergonomic and responsive trigger featuring a center-mounted pivoting safety. When combined with the Apex Action Enhancement Kit (#100-062), the result is a smoother, lighter trigger pull with an overall reduction in trigger travel of approximately 30%.
“In addition to improving trigger performance with upgrades to the fire control components, our patent pending Apex Grade 9mm Barrels, originally designed for the M&P, fit the new M&P M2.0 allowing for greater accuracy than what is achievable in the stock configuration,” noted Randy Lee, founder and CEO of Apex Tactical Specialties, who designed and developed the Apex Grade Barrel.
The list of Apex parts compatible with the new M&P M2.0, and currently available, are as follows:
- 100-025 Apex Polymer Action Enhancement Trigger
- 100-064 Apex Aluminum Action Enhancement Trigger
- 100-062 Apex Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit
- 100-066 Apex Duty/Carry Spring Kit
- 100-063 Apex Fully Machined Sear
- 100-075 Apex Ultimate Safety Plunger
- 100-036 Apex 10-8 Performance Base Pads
- 105-050 Apex Grade 9mm Gunsmith Fit Barrel – 5.00”
- 105-051 Apex Grade 9mm Gunsmith Fit Barrel – 4.25”
- 105-052 Apex Grade 9mm Semi Drop-In Barrel – 5.00”
- 105-053 Apex Grade 9mm Semi Drop-In Barrel – 4.25”
- 105-058 Apex Grade 9mm Threaded Gunsmith Fit Barrel – 5.00”
- 105-059 Apex Grade 9mm Threaded Gunsmith Fit Barrel – 4.25”
- 105-060 Apex Grade 9mm Threaded Semi Drop-In Barrel – 5.00”
- 105-061 Apex Grade 9mm Threaded Semi Drop-In Barrel – 4.25”
Apex will continue development of additional replacement parts for the new M&P M2.0, including work on adapting their patented Forward Set Sear and Trigger system which does not currently function in the M2.0 but is one of the most popular upgrades available for the original M&P line of centerfire pistols.
For more information on parts and services from Apex Tactical Specialties, visit ApexTactical.com, like Apex Tactical on Facebook or follow @ApexTactical on Instagram and Twitter. Instructional videos on the installation of Apex parts are available on Apex’s YouTube channel.