5.11 Introduces WYLD CAT Tactical Yoga Pants

Dan and I had the pleasure of schmoozing with 5.11 Brand Experience Project Manager Meghan Finley high atop the company’s SHOT Show booth. While the encounter sounded like the beginning of a bad joke (“two Jews walk into an Irish product demonstration . . .”) it was clear Ms. Finley knew her product inside out. Literally.

Using a blue gun, Ms. Finley proved that 5.11’s WYLD CAT tactical pants’ soft ‘n stretchy sateen material is perfect for appendix carry. Or yoga — provided you remove your gun, knife, other knife, phone and all the other gubbins. All accommodated by the WYLD CAT’s eight-pocket configuration, complete with a rear pocket-within-a-pocket pocket for your smartphone or dumb AR mag.

The knees are reinforced. And that’s all I’m going to say about that. Texan shooters will appreciate the WYLD CAT’s leg zip, opening-up for the requisite pair of Heritage cowboy boots (not a paid endorsement). You can go WYLD in three colors: black, khaki and grenade (try and find that color at The Gap) in sizes 0 – 16.

WYLD CATs are stylish and practical. Stylactical? Tactistylish? They aren’t on 5.11’s website yet, but WYLD CAT’s will eventually appear online and retail for $74.99. Not cheap, but then who is?

comments

1. avatar Slick says:

Reinforced…. Knees…..

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Reinforced…. Knees…..”

You ought to be concerned about that.

The reinforcement is for when the women are field-dressing and dismembering any men they need to kill and dump their remains in a shallow grave.

YouTube the Dixie Chicks ‘Goodby Earl’…

1. avatar joe3 says:

I prefer “Goodbye To The Chixsie Dicks” by AMERICA.

2. avatar strych9 says:

BB&C reviewed the 5.11 Raven Range Tights and the gals over there loved them (so did the guys by all accounts). Let’s see if the new offering measures up.

1. avatar William Jefferson Klinton says:

Problem with those yoga pants is, they’re so dog-gone ITCHY. Lemme help you with those, young lady….

3. avatar Mike Betts says:

Gadfry! What’s next? “Tactical” suppositories? Granted, I can see some tactical advantage to these, but only at the extreme ends of the scale. If a lady’s butt is so perfect that her adversary ends up tripping over his tongue, then the tactical advantage goes to the lady. If, on the other hand, the lady’s butt is so grossly large that it looks like a 50 lb. plastic sack of cottage cheese and her adversary doubles over retching and thus exposes the back of his neck for a clean kill, the lady again has the advantage. Either way, it just ain’t hardly fair.

1. The advantage of these is to offer more options for women who want to carry concealed, but don’t want to wear a belt. Or for women who want to carry while jogging and/or exercising. I’m all for anything that makes concealed carry easier. But that being said, leggings are not effing pants and they should only be worn under shirts/sweaters of a proper length.

4. avatar Frank in VA says:

TTAG, are you guys going to cover the new Mossberg 590 Shockwave at some point? To me, it’s one of the more interesting new factory models to surface at SHOT Show.

On a side note, I enjoyed this video more than any other recent one.

5. avatar Mike Betts says:

Gadfry! Tactical yoga pants? What’s next – “tactical” suppositories? However, I can see some tactical advantages to these garments, literally at either end of the scales. If a female has an absolutely astounding buttocks ASSembly which will be so amazing that her adversary cannot tactically maneuver because he’s tripping over his tongue, said female will have a tactical advantage. At the other end of the scale (where it is pegged at 300 lbs.), the specter of those buttocks in “tactical pants” looking for all this world like a huge sack of cottage cheese, the woman’s adversary is either going to doubled up with laughter or in retching his guts out, again giving the tactical advantage to the female.

It just ain’t fair, guys.

6. avatar VerendusAudeo says:

I honestly don’t understand the purpose of this product. Well, I understand that people will buy ultimately impractical and expensive tacticool gear, but I don’t fully understand why one would purchase these. In what scenario would these be useful? They’re yoga pants, which means you’d be printing like Gutenberg. They’re no good outdoors, at least not compared with actual pants…I just don’t see it.

1. avatar Me says:

I don’t know what you were looking at, I saw plenty.

2. avatar strych9 says:

If these are anything like 5.11’s last offering in this vein they’re plenty tough for outdoors use.

It’s a fashion thing really I think. Or a gun bunny thing. Either way, they’re not for CCW and tight jeans print badly too.

3. avatar Desert Ranger says:

You must be part of the pink pistols. The point is to get your hot girlfriend or wife onto the range!

4. avatar Rokurota says:

What’s the purpose of tactical pants for men? So you can look like a badass coperator?

That said, somebody should give fellas the same pocket options as 5.11 put on these. A phone pocket on the side of the thigh or at the 4:00 and 8:00 positions would be key. I know most of us carry all kinds of EDC crap in our pockets, and the front pockets suck for phones anyway (thigh burn, can’t access when sitting down). If I thought I could squeeze into these, I’d get ’em.

7. avatar jwm says:

I saw tactical socks for sale at Bass pro yesterday. I’m so done with tactical.

1. When you think about it, soap-on-a-rope was tactical before tactical was tacticool.

8. avatar Nick says:

With the name I was expecting tactical leopard print or something.

9. avatar Kelli says:

I stopped wearing yoga pants due to the yeast infection, I can guarantee yo that most, yes most, ladies who wear yoga pants for hours several days a week have frequent, nasty, painful, smelly yeast infections! I know some guys L O V E it lol, but it is not healthy. That and the pervert who scared the **** out of me when I relaized tht he was following me in the grocery store up to the parking lot while literally doing you know what with his hand inside his pant, so thanks but no more yoga pants for me, I don’t want to be a statistic because some neanderthal can’t handle the pressure.

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

So many questions, so little phone battery..

2. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Anyone who thinks clothing causes vaginal infections should probably go back to microbiology class.

1. avatar JR_in_NC says:

I truly feel sorry for you.

3. avatar 16V says:

Egads, what type of cave-dwellers-that-just-came-into-town-for-the-first-time-in-40 years do you live near? Not to take anything away from you, but no matter how hot you may be, yoga pants are potato sacks compared to a bikini on the beach.

Not to mention every male past age 11 with a computer can find all the pr0n he wants. Yoga pants are even less sexy than body paint. And a man’s gotta be seriously desperate to get excited about a woman in body paint.

1. avatar Rick the Bear (now in NH!!) says:

“Not to take anything away from you, but no matter how hot you may be, yoga pants are potato sacks compared to a bikini on the beach.”

While technically true, a shapely butt and great legs in yoga pants are much more prevalent out and about for more months of the year than the same body parts in bikinis.

10. avatar Cletus says:

Finally a yoga pant with pockets for the condoms! thanks 5.11

11. avatar Curtis in IL says:

I think I can really get behind this product.

Meanwhile, I have recently rediscovered dunagree jeans. They have more room for my, um, junk, and extra pockets for my other junk.

12. avatar Michael says:

I stopped reading at Brand Experience Product Manager. …sheesh

13. avatar Desert Ranger says:

I want to see more of these pants running around the range.

14. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

My wife is a lululemon pants girl when it comes to her yoga sessions, but I could see her going for something like these, too. She has a pair of pink camo tactical slippers, after all.

15. avatar Ranger Rick says:

Three things don’t lie:

Little children
    Drunks
    Yoga pants

That being said, there’s nothing to hate on here, if the ladies want the gear whether for the range or whatever let them have it and enjoy it.

16. avatar neiowa says:

Have to cost 511 at least $8 a pair to land those lookatmyass tramp pants in Long Beach.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Supply and demand. Production and transportation costs have little to do with the final retail charges. If demand goes down, so will the sticker price of the commodity.

17. avatar Jon in CO says:

Forget the ad, the Manager at the booth was the best looking thing in that video.

18. avatar Hellbilly says:

WYLD CAT…. Rarrrr!

19. avatar jwtaylor says:

Can someone let them know they misspelled “wild”? Spellcheck 5.11, invest.

1. avatar Rokurota says:

Wylde. Happy?

2. avatar Brick says:

Nah, somebody at 5.11 is just a really big fan of Bill and Ted.

20. I’m kind of excited about these! I have the Undertech Undercover Legging for concealed carry.

21. 0:23-0:24 That is all.

22. avatar Mister Fister says:

$80?

There’s a sucker born every minute. And those suckers definitely need reinforced knees.

23. avatar uncommon_sense says:

I have no idea if those pants would be a great idea … since no scene ever lasted more than 1 second and I was never able to actually discern what I was seeing.

When are video producers going to rediscover stable images/scenes that last long enough for healthy brain function … oh, and for viewers to actually make sense of the video?

1. Only took me one second. 0:23-0:24

24. avatar StopBeingAGunSnob says:

Some of you guys are ignorant! Not everything is marketed to you. This fills a void for my wife, she runs a lot and would like to carry while doing so. Why would you complain and sh!t on an idea like this.
    Just because you can comment on every article, doesn’t mean you should.
    Some of you guys are worse than the country club golf elitist.

1. So….what you are saying is…your wife has a void that needs filling?