Hornady Accepts TTAG’s Readers Choice Award for Best New Ammunition of 2016

Hornady is one of the biggest names in the ammunition business, making bullets and cartridges since the Department of Defense was called the War Department. Their latest creation, the ELD-X, was introduced last year and has since garnered enough praise that you (our readers) decided that it was the best new ammunition of 2016. Hornady was more than happy to accept the award at SHOT Show 2017, and we’ll be looking for their next big innovation down the road.

comments

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Well deserved.

1. avatar Accur81 says:

I agree, bud!

For me, the jury is still out on ELD-X, but GMX and LeverEvolution are legit.

2. Nick,

Seriously, get a nice TTAG polo shirt or something for giving out those awards. You’re looking a notch above some sort of stalker.

Shannon always dresses up nice (which helps to distract from her crazy eyes) so you could kick it up a few notches…

1. avatar Swarf says:

Nick’s wardrobe is in a rebuilding year. Cut him some slack.

3. avatar SKP5885 says:

Am I crazy or does ammunition refer to a complete cartridge? If I am correct, and I might not be, then should Hornady have won the best ammunition award since all they created was a bullet/projectile? This is really bothering me. It is, past 11:00 p.m. and I should be asleep. Oh well.

1. avatar Accur81 says:

The ELD-X comes fully loaded in the “Precision Hunter” line. The ELD match is in the “Precision Match” line. The ELD-X and ELD Match are also available as components. Reloading supplies and other goodies are also readily available. Except for shell plate #11 – the .338 Lapua / .416 Rigby base for the progressive press. That isn’t available anywhere.

1. avatar SKP5885 says:

I understand that they load the projectile in various cartridges. This still doesn’t answer why a “bullet” won “Best Ammunition”. My question really is on terminology and trying to figure out if bullet=ammunition, by definition. Thanks!

4. avatar Dan l says:

Hornady rulez! Cant wait for 6mm creedmoor

5. avatar A A Rod says:

Nick, You look like you have lost some serious weight. What’s your secret?