“Let’s Use Guns for Fashion Not for Violence” Just Thought I’d Leave This Here

Gun control as a fashion statement? Why not? There are hundreds of thousands of pro-gun T-shirts molon labe-ing all over our great nation. Still, I reckon the statement made by UN:DO NYC‘s $150 – $175 gun shot shirts is a bit, well, gruesome. In terms of representing “gun violence,” how many victims are shuffled off this mortal coil via four blasts from a 12-guage scattergun? And as a Jew, I can assure that UN:DO NYC’s pledge to donate 20 percent of their profit to anti-gun violence organizations is a lot less than it seems. All of which is par for the course, anti-gun wise. Just sayin’ . . .

comments

1. avatar Rick says:

Wow, so much virtue signalling and so little time.

2. avatar Anonymous says:

So… they shoot a shirt 4 times, and then sell it for 150 bucks? People actually buy this?

1. avatar Jordan says:

Fool and his money and all that I suppose.Not the dumbest fashion statement with an outrageous price tag that I have heard of .

2. avatar Stuki Moi says:

Its New York. Where the Fed happily pays you $150/minute i fresh print, simply for staying sufficiently in touch with your innate imbecilic nature, to keep the regime from toppling.

3. avatar 16V says:

What about the needless expending all those rounds? What’s the carbon footprint of that, not to mention the nanoparticulates? Can we assume nobody in the ‘fashion industry’ is actually pulling the trigger, since he/she/zim would be “triggered” by such trauma being inflicted on harmless bamboo?

1. avatar Jp says:

Shush….. don’t give them an ideas…. take like that and they may start petitioning to put emissions equipment on firearms.

1. avatar Cole says:

That would be called a silencer and they are super scary assault thingies. For that reason guns are the one thing that they don’t want to regulate the emmisions of.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

16V, this is *nothing* new.

I remember shotgun ‘distressed’ jeans back in the mid-70’s.

..and at about the same ridiculous mark-up…

1. avatar 16V says:

Huh, I thought ‘shotgun jeans’ were a rather new “thing”. Despite being a child of the 70s, there were things I missed…

4. He looked stoned. So I am going to pay a lot of money for a tee-shit that has been shot? I’d rater spend $10 on 5 tee’s and shoot them myself. But hay that’s just me.

1. avatar Tim says:

“He”? That’s debatable, but I’ll allow it (this time).

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

“He looked stoned.”

I recall stone-washed jeans being sold from about the early 80’s.

They took jeans, a slug of water and a bunch of rocks and fed ’em into something like a cement mixer.

And you had the ‘privilege’ of paying about double for a pair of jeans about to fall apart…

3. avatar Mister Fister says:

I’ll make you a deal. I buy the shirts, you shoot them, I sell them for $150 each, we split the profits.

5. avatar Bob Watson says:

This is the culture war that some say we are losing. We fight morons who mistake Idiocracy for a blueprint/roadmap rather than a cautionary tale.

1. avatar kenneth says:

like these citidiots?

6. avatar Matt in TX says:

Wanna be fashionista’s have been doing this for years. I remember this same setup in the late 70’s or early 80’s

7. avatar DaveL says:

There are not enough faces, nor enough palms.

8. avatar Chris Erickson says:

JEEZ…back in the day (mid ’80s), we shot up our leather jackets and had linked .308 belts on them because we LIKED guns. LOL I miss being 18 and fashion stupid. Wonder if a shot up t-shirt costs that much, what would be the cost for a motorcycle jacket run? Hmmmm…maybe market to the Hot Topic crowd….

Fine waistcoat. Shame about it, I don’t think it can be mended. Will I keep it as a souvenir?

10. avatar Chip in Florida says:

This idea seems familiar…..

Got it!

Shotgun Jeans

1. avatar travis m. says:

For something more recent, watch the netflix series “Luke Cage” where the bulletproof character trades in his shot up clothing for others to wear…

1. avatar Kc in NorCal says:

That was my thought, someone watched Netflix.

11. avatar Michigunner says:

So… This man is selling a product that exists solely to eliminate the only product that he can use to manufacture the product that he is selling?

But he willfully uses the product that he wants to eliminate to make the product that he wants to use to eliminate the product that he willfully uses to make the product that he wants to use to eliminate the..

Oh for gods sake. My head is spinning. At least the shirts are made of bamboo, sustainability, and are ethical and stuff. Ha! Also, 20% donation to your cause? You really went all in.

NYC truly is f’in crazy land.

12. avatar Nanashi says:

Using guns for fashion? Pretty sure Steve Lauer has been helping me do that for years.

13. avatar YO! says:

If they really cared about their cause, they would wear them as they are being made.

14. avatar Roymond says:

I figured “using guns for fashion” would mean open carrying stylish guns.

Little did I know…..

1. avatar Button Gwinnett says:

What would Ralph Lauren’s idea of a barbecue gun be?

2. avatar Andrew Lewis says:

That is certainly my idea of guns as fashion.