Shot Talk with Robert, Dan, Nick, and Jon Wayne Taylor

Is a threaded barrel useful for more than just mounting silencers? What’s Nick’s opinion on the Desert Eagle? And is the Kimber Micro Bel Air really the belle of the ball? Robert, Dan, Nick, and JWT discuss.

comments

1. avatar Anonymous says:

Robert points his finger at this firearm and jokes, “Hey It’s a little dirty there, what’s that all about?”
    Jon with an equally joking retort, “That’s the way you treat your guns.”

LOL.

2. So what was the point of a threaded barrel without a suppressor?

1. avatar No one of consequence says:

Optimally, adding OpPoints while comparing operated guns with other operators.

Besides, what if you develop a sudden need to put a flash suppressor on your pistol, eh?

After all, that AlphaWolf barrel for your Glock 19and your AR are both threaded 1/2-28…

(N.b.: please do NOT do this … Even to someone else … Even as a joke…)

1. avatar strych9 says:

Amazon no longer sells this thing but the reviews (some captured here) were goddamn funny.

Really, after deep reflection I’ve decided that this thing IS the reason to have a threaded barrel. Once you’ve upgraded to this level of operational operations you need nothing else.

TUF quad rail!

2. avatar jwtaylor says:

My purpose is the supressor. However, it has the added benefit that if I press it against an object the gun will still not go out of battery and will still fire. Another benefit is a slightly longer barrell.

1. My Glock will go out of battery by just pushing on the barrel.

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

My 1911s or the FNX-45T will not.

2. I didn’t realize you were being gun specific. The title of the video seemed to be general advice.

3. avatar Anonymous says:

Safety is important, but I agree with Jon. Have to be a bit realistic at times. If you didn’t chamber check and drop the mag, then yes, none these items such as putting your hand over the muzzle or directing the muzzle end towards Nick’s face would be acceptable.

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

Absolutely. Which is why I check every time with both my eyes and my fingers.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Safety is overrated. Point it at the ceiling, yell “Allahu Akbar!!!” really loudly and pull the trigger. If it’s empty, it’s empty if not then the people within earshot probably won’t need a lot of fiber for the rest of the day.

Pro Tip: Works best in crowded locales.

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

Sadly, I was never able to train this procedure out of the Afghan National Police. Seriously that’s how they checked if it was loaded.

4. avatar jwtaylor says:

Jesus, just watched that. It was even more painful than filming it. Is there anyone that can send Robert some Adderall?

1. avatar That's right (you're not from Texas)... says:

Or maybe some duct tape ?

2. avatar Heywood says:

Y’all need to prepare a script and stick to it
      ~27 minutes of useless babbling mixed with ~5 minutes of potentially useful information.

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

Give us some time to tighten this up. It’s our second go. More to the point, Jeremy S. is moving to Austin and taking over TTAG’s video production. Complete with editing! Multiple cameras! It’s gonna be good, I swear.

1. Make TTAG Great Again!

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

If you’re going to ‘TTAG Great Again’, how about returning to the days when TTAG posted hourly 9 AM – 9PM?

Lately it’s been 5-6 posts daily instead of the usual dozen or so..

3. avatar CarlosT says:

It was good enough that I subscribed to the YouTube channel. Looking forward to Jeremy’s improvement’s though.

4. avatar Joe3 says:

STOP INTERRUPTING.

You are not 1/10th as witty as you think you are, and you are tuning what could be interesting video.

2. avatar strych9 says:

That’s five minutes more of useful information than you’ll get from most media outlets…

3. avatar CarlosT says:

This is where editing comes in. There was obviously some already because there were cuts to the tabletop camera, but it could be used for “length and content”, as the TV disclaimer used to go.

4. avatar LKB says:

Better suggestion . . .put a doggie shock collar on him and give Dan the controller.

5. avatar Anonymous says:

My new nickname for Jon – “Goat Cheese Jon.”

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

Sorry, old nickname. You’ll have to come up with something other than Duke, Goat Boy, Goat Man, Cheese Man, (really anything to do with goats) Long Jon, PrettyPrincessPonyDancing, Shocker, El que hace trofeos de los hombres, Doc, 8, and many, many others.

1. avatar Anonymous says:

Whey Dripping Cheese Bag?

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

Love it.

2. avatar jwm says:

Goats are wonderful creatures and goat cheese is healthier for some folks than cow cheese. And goat cheese has a good flavor to it.

Comparing JWT to a goat is probably being unkind to the goat. 🙂

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

It’s funny because it’s true.

6. avatar CueBaller says:

So my takeaway from this video is that apparently Farago is paid per interruption?

1. avatar CueBaller says:

And he apparently can’t tell time.

At 29 minutes and change, “We’re coming up to 20 minutes.”

1. avatar CarlosT says:

Coming up from behind?

7. avatar Hello World says:

Thin Nick sounds like Rachel Maddow.

1. avatar Anonymous says:

You watch Rachel Maddow?

2. avatar joe-in-nc says:

That’s awesome

Can I get a large still shot for my wall? I think it would look great next to my print of four dogs playing poker.

Lest you scoff at my artistic tastes, the original 1894 doggie “Poker Game” sold for $658,000 at Sotheby’s in 2015.

1. avatar jwm says:

What’s a reproduction velvet Elvis going for these days?

And wasn’t there some talk of you moving to Texas, also?

9. avatar Curtis in IL says:

This is a technical improvement over last week, to be sure. The camera was aimed properly, it was not recorded in a cave (acoustically speaking), and the individual clip-on microphones seemed to work well.

Now, all you need to do is decide whether you’re going to be gun bloggers or comedians.

Again, I say, excluding Liberte Austin from these productions is a great injustice.

1. avatar Ing says:

Give me Liberte or give me death?

10. avatar Jeremy S. says:

Next week I’m taking the BBQ gun game up a level on TTAG here! My favorite pistol just got back from the Midwest Gun Works spa, and oh boy did the time do it well.

BTW JWT was soooo close to nailing a “daaaamn Daniel!” while talking to Dan. https://youtu.be/_LUX70mXcEE. LOL

11. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

It’s nice to put voices to faces.