Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Tradecraft

‘Tradecraft’ is a PI. And he keeps things simple with a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield and a good blade. See what he chooses to carry at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar Joel says:

Ok people I have a question.

Why the Shield?

I have shot the shield side by side with an LC9s (literally one in each hand) and the LC9s is hands down the better shooting pistol. (Less felt recoil, WAY better trigger. The LC9s is also a much better looking pistol, but looks are more subjective.).

They are nearly identical on paper, and priced comparatively, but the shield is in so many of these pocket dump photos. What gives?

The only difference is the mag disconnect, but it is literally a ten minute mod, to remove it, and Ruger offers a version without one.

Inquiring minds want to know….

1. avatar Dan Zimmerman says:

Maybe it fits his hand better. Maybe he’s always been a Smith guy. The heart wants what the heart wants.

2. avatar Tile floor says:

I chose a Shield because with the LE price it came with 1 7 and 2 8 round magazines and factory night sights for 399. The ergonomics of the gun just fit my hand perfectly, and I can shoot the absolute crap out of that gun. Recoil is minimal for a single stack 9×19. Mine also does not have a thumb safety. I have carried striker fired Glocks and/or my Shield every day the past 5 years, including drawing down on a couple dozen folks at work, and it’s never gone bang when I did not want it to, even under stress. I personally don’t like safety switches on striker fired guns, but more power to you if you do.

In short, I chose the Shield over the Glock 43 and LC9s because it just spoke to me.

I like Ruger, and own a couple of their products, including an SR-556. I had an LC9 (which, granted, was the original not the new striker fired one) and hated it. It felt too small in my hands, and the trigger was horrific. I’m sure they’ve improved it with the LC9s, but I’m perfectly content with my Shield.

3. avatar Frank in VA says:

One thing the Shield has going for it is that it is one version of a line of M&P pistols that come in various sizes and calibers, all with similar triggers and controls, much like Glocks. If you have multiple sizes/calibers for different uses, this makes it easier to cross-train compared to switching from an SR9c to LC9s for example, which feel nothing alike in my experience.

2. avatar MouseGun says:

Why you carry wrist watch in pocket?

1. avatar Geoff PR: says:

I know some folks who do that.

The watch is mounted on a leather ‘fob’ with a short chain clipped wherever.

It works for them…

3. Half of these submissions don’t include a holster.

4. avatar CCDWGuy says:

I carry an M&P Shield every day all day. The reason is it feels good in my hand and I’m left handed so even though mine has a safety it’s highly unlikely I’m ever going to put it on by accident. I can carry it under a t-shirt and no one has a clue. The other plus is my home protection gun is an M&P 9mm full size with laser/light and the two of them have never given me a malfunction regardless of the ammo.

5. avatar Chicago Steve says:

SEIKO FLIGHTMASTER 4 LIFE

6. avatar Fred Frendly says:

What, no condom wrappers? Cant be a real PI.