Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Brian Shirey

Go big or go home. That seems to be Brian’s credo. Hence the full-size Canik TP9SA. See all the gear Brian totes at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar strych9 says:

Some quality Airplane! jokes in this one…

2. avatar Sam from GA says:

Anyone have one of those Pelican phone cases? Looking at getting one but haven’t met anyone that’s actually used one before.

3. avatar MouseGun says:

Is that beard oil? What kind of fedora tipping d-bag carries beard oil on him? “Hang on, bro, I need to change the oil on my facial hair? Also, where do you keep all this? Back pack, mall ninja pants, best, or Duke Nukem pockets?

4. avatar Camper says:

I have one of those TP9SA pistols, and the 1st gen TP9. I cannot say enough great things about it. There’s no way I could conceal it though, definitely a full size pistol.

1. avatar strych9 says:

How is it possible that you can’t conceal a full sized pistol reasonably well? Are you a midget? Disabled? Really old?

1. avatar Jay in Florida says:

Im not small by anyones measurement, I cant wear anything here but a t-shirt and jeans during work. Try sitting down with a full sized gun at 3 to 4 o’clock. Butt sticks out like crazy . Barrel pokes you in the thigh. I do carry an Officers 1911.
        Thats as big a gun as I can use. I wont do appendix. I like myself as I am thank you.
        Belt holster is also out. Prints too much.
        IWB only. I cant reach behind my back right handed. 2 shoulder surgeries. So for some of us. Full size even my Commander size guns are out. 4 guns that sit in my safe that I used to carry in my coat and tie days with a belt holster. Model 66 2.5 inch, Hi-Power, and a Commander 1911, and now my Canik.

1. avatar strych9 says:

“Try sitting down with a full sized gun at 3 to 4 o’clock.”

I do this every single day with a full sized pistol IWB without problem. In the summer I throw a light button up over my shirt and it’s good to go.

“I cant reach behind my back right handed. 2 shoulder surgeries.”

So, no offense, but you’re disabled. That’s legit.

Theoretically you could still do it in a shoulder holster. When dressing up in a suit I carry a full sized Jericho 941 in a Roto-Tilt from Falco (No, not a cheap rip off of Galco, it’s European so it’s all fancy and classy and shit. Nah, kidding, semi custom since they’ll do a few mods to your leatherwork. ~$80 after shipping.)

2. avatar Jay in Florida says:

I have one too. Havent yet found a way to actually carry it. Doesnt fit in any IWB or pockets I own. I cant belt carry, too obvious here in T-shirt and jeans country. Although I do carry an Officers 1911 daily. Thats as big as I can wear under a t-shirt here.

5. avatar Forrestt C. says:

I have the da/sa version, at 5’7″ and 180 I can hide it @ 5 o’clock with a light over shirt. They really aren’t much bigger then a g19.

6. avatar Docduracoat says:

This is the first Canik we have seen here!
    Jay, I agree with you that here in Florida concealed carry is a problem with the lightweight clothing we wear here
    Especially in summer
    I have a Sig 938 that I pocket carry in a remora holster
    Holster cover both the the trigger and the safety
    I give up some capacity in favor of always having 9 shots of 9 mm with me