Blue Force Gear Quote of the Day: Zootopia?

“We can see a mess getting created here. Because of the opposition, particularly in the liberal cities, it’s starting to become a big mess.” – Terry Holcomb in Guns at Zoos? Texas Says No While Struggling to Tame Rules [via abcnews.go.com]

comments

1. avatar Pet Linhares says:

I’ve noticed that, too, but I do not think I can handle the mess any more.

2. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Blood in the enclosures? Did somebody shoot a gorilla?

1. avatar pwrserge says:

Dicks out for Harambe.

3. avatar Mk10108 says:

Concealed carry would end the confusion.

4. avatar Frank says:

An English lesson would end the confusion. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

1. avatar Doc Samson says:

Seriously, it could not be any clearer. Just goes to show how easy it is to obfuscate the issue and confuse people into believing all the falsehoods that were, and continue to be, put forth so that it can be “very infringed”.

1. avatar Chadwick says:

In an effort to help my fellow countrymen understand their rights just a little better, I have been trying to use the word INFRINGE (ed, ment, ing, etc) as much as possible lately. I highly suggest we make a trend of this. The liberal idiots can ignore it if they want, but the more people that start to get the joke, the funnier it is.

That’s all I have to say about that. I wouldn’t want the message to get too long and allow the time devoted to reading it to INFRINGE on your schedule.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Is this the conservative counter to how liberals have started to use the term ‘normalize’?

5. avatar uncommon_sense says:

And this is why our states and nation are supposed to operate under Common Law. There is no need to memorize and comply with thousands of pages of laws — many enacted by legislative fiat.

Rather, Common Law has one simple standard: do not harm anyone or interfere with them when they exercise their rights. The beauty of that exceedingly simple “system” of law: it is exceedingly simple and everyone knows instantly whether or not they are harming someone or interfering with that person exercising their rights. And so does a jury. There is no confusion.

Please, everyone, learn the exceedingly basic principles of our nation under Common Law and encourage everyone to embrace and practice it.

1. avatar Kendahl says:

It can be summed up in one sentence: Leave other people the hell alone.

6. avatar Peter says:

Texas has NOT said no to guns at zoos. The issue with the Ft. Worth zoo hinged on whether the zoo was government owned. This was a technical ruling (by the AG) that the zoo property was leased from the city by a private entity and therefore had the right to post a 30.06 sign (no licensed concealed carry). The Houston zoo was required to remove their 30.06 sign.

1. avatar Locke_n_Load says:

The Houston Zoo put their signs back up.
      Hopefully the legislature next year can make actually pass a law that holds officials liable for their unlawfulness instead of their constituent’s pocket books.

2. avatar Warren says:

If my memory serves correctly, there was a conflicting ruling regarding the Long Center for Performing Arts in Austin. The land (and I believe the building as well) is owned by the city, which is leasing it to a non-profit. I recall the state ruling that signs could not be posted prohibiting concealed or open carry, unless there was an event going on that would otherwise prohibit firearms. In those instances, they use static-cling signs in the windows posting the 30.06 and 30.07 statutes. I try to avoid the Long Center out of principle when I can, so I don’t know if they keep the .06 and .07 signs up by default, but they do irk me when I see them.

7. avatar Jon in CO says:

This again is an issue where gun people can’t just strap their CONCEALED gun on, shut the hell up, and go about their day. I understand the nature of fighting back against stupid laws,(especially the 30.06 in TX) but until it’s settled, what nobody knows won’t hurt them.