Question of the Day: Who’s the Biggest Anti-Gun Rights Turkey?

turkey-holding-guns-900x680_1

We’ve already asked our Armed Intelligentsia about the giving thanks part of Thanksgiving. More than a couple of commentators were grateful that Hillary Clinton didn’t become the President of the United States, what with her not-so-hidden desire to degrade and destroy Americans’ natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms. So the question today is: who’s the biggest anti-gun turkey?

Michael Bloomberg certainly springs to mind. Without the former New York City mayor pumping tens of millions of dollars into state initiatives for universal gun registration the ballot proposals would have sunk without a Trace (so to speak). But you may have another gun rights turkey in mind, perhaps someone local. So forget all that good cheer and spill!

comments

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Happy thanksgiving to all. I’m going to be deep frying a 20 pound bird.

Locally, a state rep named Floyd Prozanski from down in Eugene. He’s behind every anti firearms measure in this state. He deserves “the bird”.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

I hear “air frying” is the new thing. Could that be done to a 20-lb bird, do ya think?

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I have not heard of that. Now I gotta look it up while my peanut oil is heating up.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Tom, what do you do with the used oil?

I’m a *huge* fan of cooking with peanut oil, (especially with my cast iron skillet), but if I’m pushing it I can’t imagine using more than a gallon a year.

I don’t have enough room in the fridge for 3+ gallons of fryer oil!

2. avatar Mike Betts says:

Former Maryland Governor Martin OweMalley and every member of the Maryland Leftistlature who concocted and passed the “Maryland Gun Safety Act of 2013” in the wake of the Sandy Hook atrocity. I suppose that I should be thankful that the “assault weapons” which I already had were “grandfathered” and those of us who have them didn’t have to either submit to having them confiscated or actively resist their being taken, shouldn’t I?

3. avatar NorincoJay says:

The Massachusetts attorney general Maura Healey that with a stroke of her pen added almost all semiauto rifles to the states ban list. She is a good fascist, but a terrible freedom loving American.

Mauron Healey is my pick too.

2. avatar damdoc says:

ding, ding ding!

4. avatar strych9 says:

Joe Manchin is in the running.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Oh and John “These laws won’t do anything… Hold on, I got a call from Biden and I gotta sign some shit” Hickenlooper at least gets an honorary mention.

1. avatar Button Gwinnett says:

+1. And Diana “When they shoot the clips up they won’t have any more” DeGette, and Rhonda Fields who upgraded the weapon in her son’s murder from a nine to an “assault weapon.”

The stupid, it burns…

Do you mean Joe “Due Process is What’s Killing Us” Manchin? Yeah, he blows.

5. avatar John Dennis says:

Well I’m certainly still gloating that leland yee won’t be having that smug smile on his face for awhile.

1. avatar Rick the Bear (now in NH!!) says:

C’mon, don’t be picking on Shrimp Boy. It must have been very embarrassing to be caught doing what he railed against.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

‘Shrimp boy’ is Yee’s Asian thug cohort. He strikes me as the type that could adapt to prison life just fine.

Yee is probably getting what he metaphorically gave the California voters on a regular basis.

Right up the *bleep*, with no lube…

1. avatar John Dennis says:

Hey pick up the soap!

6. avatar Ed Rogers says:

I was going to go all”Now, now, it’s Thanksgiving” on you…then I thought of Gavin Newsome. Gobble gobble!

7. avatar Kevin says:

Kevin Deleon, still.

8. avatar pwrserge says:

George Soros and Bloomberg are on my personal “arrest for treason” list.

9. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

kamala harris is comin’ to cook county! should be fun to watch kimm foxx go down in flames. prickwrinkle. sheesh.
    still, blumeboig is public menace number one.

10. Wrong…”pro-gun” types are the real oppressors.

And come dec.19 the electoral gets to decide whether Herr trump gets to be president of the USA.

I hope to whatever hitler reincarnated doesn’t get elected.

1. avatar pwrserge says:

Yeah… He already won. There is a reason why no electoral college has ever reversed the results of a vote. But please, keep picking a fight with the people who have been stockpiling guns and ammo for the past eight years. That’ll work out great for you.

Let me simple it up for you. The American people will not tolerate an electoral college coup. Better yet, the people who won are also the people who have the support of the military and are individually armed to the teeth.

1. Actually Around Dec.19 the electoral college gets to decide if trump is fit to be president and he’s proven he is not.

I refuse to bow to a scumbag that lied, cheated and raped his way to the top.

The elections were even illegally rigged to win in Herr trumps favor.

So those are one of reasons your “vote” didn’t count.

You people drank the trump koolaid.

Now you can enjoy living 8 years of under an oppressive thumb of a sexist, racist tyrant failed reality star named Donald adolf Trump.

You people selfishly talk about how “evil liberals” (or whatever boogeyman you people like to invent.) are rioting and causing damage when there is now more evidence whatsoever when there are shitloads of news reports of violent assaults, sexual rape attacks, gun attacks and riots caused by trump supporters.

I don’t see Hillary supporters threatening trouble.

I do see pro-Herr trump militia psychos and doomsday survivalist nuts out in force threatening trouble.

Face it, Your candidate might lose. And your too-brainwashed by the NRA/Gun Lobby koolaid to understand.

Enjoy your thanksgiving living in fear of some evil boogey-man.

I will enjoy mine with my loved ones.

1. avatar Pwrserge says:

No, we see Hillary supporters burning shit for the past two weeks. You lost, the electoral college won’t save you. Get the hell out of my country.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

“The elections were even illegally rigged to win in Herr trumps favor.”

Yep, and it’s *hilarious* the way you laughed at *us* about rigged elections.

Who’s laughing now???

*snicker*

3. avatar damdoc says:

twitch troll…

4. avatar RetLEO2012 says:

Maybe your ‘loved ones’ can help you with your anger issues.

5. avatar Bill B says:

Time for your meds. Clearly, that whole ‘safe space’ isn’t working out so well for you….

6. avatar Swobard says:

Dear AmericanPatriotEtc…
          You’ve become my favorite mindless liberal, and I hope you’ll continue to embarrass yourself here.

Thanks!!

7. avatar Mike in OK says:

You’re not a liberal. Jefferson was a liberal. What you and your ilk are is communists. Either that or you’re just an idiot being manipulated by communists. Real liberals are all about individual freedom. These creatures claiming the moniker today are all about increasing government power at the expense of the individual. They are so stupid that they complain about the growing police state even as they clamor for the nanny state, completely oblivious to the fact that the two are one and the same. I have nothing but contempt for you, whether you’re an actual commie, or just a mindless tool.

8. avatar TStew says:

Who is it that’s afraid of some bogeyman…? Shit, dude, I hate to break it to you but none of us gun types fear a bogeyman. We’re armed.
          One question: does Comarade Soros pay overtime for trolling on a holiday? Surprised to see you here today.

9. avatar Button Gwinnett says:

“Enjoy your thanksgiving living in fear of some evil boogey-man.”
          Wha…?
          Do you reali…?

Do you have to wear earplugs because the cognative dissonance is so loud?

2. avatar Cliff H says:

Two hundred twenty and some years and (still) counting, the Electoral College has NEVER failed to elect the president they were pledged to and only a very few electors have ever changed their votes or not voted.

It’s amazing to me that Liberals and Progressives are so delusional that they really believe the electors specifically chosen for loyalty to their party would consider turning their coats en mass and selecting a criminal socialist over a somewhat conservative reality show billionaire who has at least read the Bill of Rights.

I will be absolutely amazed if any elector changes their pledged vote, much less enough to make a blip on the radar. There is a reason the Founding Fathers came up with the electoral college system of choosing a president and vice president – we are NOT a democracy! They knew the perils, historically, of democracy and chose this path to avoid the disaster that would have occurred if an ignorant low-information electorate had been allowed to vote themselves (even more) “bread and circuses” from the government trough.

Should Hell freeze over and the electoral college actually choose Hillary I expect the United States, as we have known it, will dissolve essentially overnight. Those of you Liberals without access to or training with firearms may live to regret that day.

3. avatar dh34 says:

Started the day with some venison sausage from the doe my daughter took with her new rifle, then swung by and picked up some ammo on sale since I had to run by grocery store anyway. Now I’m combing Black Friday ads for a new AR optic…BECAUSE I CAN…if this offends your special snowflake sensibilities, maybe Lena, Cher or Lady Gaga can let you borrow a room in their new places in Canada…Happy Thanksgiving!

4. avatar GS650G says:

My vote is for AmericanPatriotsAgainstWhateverICanRegisterAs

11. avatar Mark says:

Bloomberg, Healey, Soros, Feinstein, Schumer, Bob Ferguson (AG of WA), Jay Inslee (Governor of WA). All should be put in prison for treason.

1. avatar Colt Magnum says:

Tack on Nick Hanauer to your list, also.

12. avatar Nanashi says:

The National Rifle Association.

Bloomberg would give billion if it could get something as big as the NFA, GCA, LEOPA, Undetectable Firearms Act or Huges Amendment passed. The NRA was behind every single on and got them passed a lot cheaper.

1. avatar barnbwt says:

I’ll bet you still haven’t forgiven Austria-Hungary for the Great War, either

13. Chris Christie.

You did say “biggest”.

14. avatar Noishkel says:

Yeah I’d probably have to go with Bloomberg. Lucky gun control is quickly becoming a non-starter politically, and about the only people that really push it are big money ideologues like him.

15. avatar Southern Cross says:

Rebecca Peters at the UN.

She was a leading anti-gun advocate in Australia along with her fellow traveller (and heroin supplier) Dr Simon Chapman from NSW University Medical Department.

Rebecca was a law student who couldn’t be admitted to the bar because of a charge (and conviction?) of possession of narcotics. About 15-20 years ago she managed to get on the UN Arms Control junket.

16. avatar matty 9 says:

All I know is I’m totally saving that image. Haven’t even read the article yet.

1. avatar jwm says:

Now I know why turkey hunters dress in camo from head to toe. I’ll bet that bird didn’t pass a background check, submit an atf form or pay a 200 dollar stamp.

17. Happy Thanksgiving!

My brother is coming over today. My wife decided to host last minute. Bless her heart. Hopefully my nephews won’t set the house on fire. Maybe I will take them out back to shoot the SR22 just to freak out my brother. He did vote trump this year, I think.
    Here’s to all my drinking friends on TTAG. I put away a 1.75 liter of Anchor Christmas Ale last night while smoking a pork loin. I have another for today’s festivities. I might share this one. I’d like to share it with you guys.
    Cheers

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

ya know, i’ve sampled that batch (the recipe changes) every year (almost) since ’84. same with the annual bigfoot ale (barley wines yum).
      to you i raise a belgian red, one of the sours. rodenbach and the like are an acquired taste for sure.

prost.

18. avatar Geoff PR says:

” So the question today is: who’s the biggest anti-gun turkey?”

The ‘Fourth Estate’, hands-down…

19. avatar Mikele says:

Maura anti-gun Healey

20. avatar No one of consequence says:

Mr Bloomberg would be happy to be biggest anything, perhaps.

21. avatar C.S. says:

Pat Toomey

22. avatar damdoc says:

bloomberg.. hands down

23. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

As the request is for “the” biggest turkey, if I have to pick only one it there’s simply no other choice than Bloomberg.

But being a Floridian, a dishonorable mention is called for in the case of state Senator Miguel Díaz de la Portilla. He’s a Republican. He has a concealed weapon permit. He was the FL Senate’s Judiciary Committee chairman, and in that capacity, as The Trace puts it, he “Single-Handedly Killed Two of the NRA’s Top State Bills” this year. (No, I won’t provide the link. If you must go there, it is easy to find.) Those bills were campus carry in January, and open carry a little later in the year. But the voters noticed and he lost his bid for reelection (in fairness, he had been re-districted).

Then there’s the case of Mark Kelly. It is my opinion that his wife, Gabby Giffords, who suffered a severe brain injury when she was shot at a Tucson event, would not have become an iconic anti-self-defense crusader without the manipulative prodding of her husband. Again it is my opinion that what he has done is simply despicable.

24. avatar ninjaTED says:

Andrew Cuomo made my new AR build cost $125 more than it should have, due to the Thordsen stock I had to use.

Suck it, turkey.

1. avatar John Fritz, HMFIC says:

Can’t believe I had to go this far down the page before someone mentioned Cu-homo. He’s my pick. And I don’t live in NY.

SAFE Act… pfft.

Although, cheerfully, he’ll be rooming with Sidney sometime soon.

25. avatar Jp says:

Locally Michelle mussman and Mike madigan. And the little ballerina.

26. avatar Kyle says:

Bloomberg has to be the winner, but gotta give a spot on the podium to Gaven Newsom who has manage to codify by law and by proposition the latest unconstitutional abortion for the state of California.

27. avatar former water walker says:

Bloomie…Hildebeast was but she’s toast. You’d think the dumbocrat doofuses could fix the vote with the $ poured into buying the illegal vote. Don’t check too closely?

28. avatar NJ-EMT says:

Locally speaking: the Superintendent of the NJ State Police, every NJ Superior Court Judge, and every NJ Police Chief.

A NJ CCW permit requires a sign-off by both your local PD Chief or the NJSP Superintendent and a Superior (county) court Judge.

At least in NY and CA, there are counties that are known to be permissive with their CCW permits. Not so in NJ.

29. avatar Ray says:

Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut. Not even a contest.

30. avatar gemalo says:

Chuck ‘the Schmuck’ Schumer. He has been a thorn in my side forever.

31. avatar Ragnar says:

Colorado Rep. Rhonda “Rap Sheet” Fields (D)

Throughout Colorado, citizens are suffering everyday because of her. This career criminal was even brought to Obama’s White House as a special guest.

1. avatar Button Gwinnett says:

I seached for her “rap sheet.” Here you go!

One conviction for hot checks in 1991. Then four traffic offenses in 12 years. I think perhaps calling one traffic offense every three years a “criminal career” is a bit over the top. Kind of like the NY Times’ attacks on Marco Rubio.
      There is plenty to dislike about Ms. Fields. There’s no reason to make things up about her.

And she DID raise a son who did the right thing, even if it was going to kill him. And it did. Gotta give that to her.