New from Silencer Shop: S.I.D. Kiosk

screen-shot-2016-11-04-at-9-51-27-am

Can you imagine how many consumers would buy silencers for their firearms if purchasing didn’t require regulatory rigamarole or a stamp tax? All of them? Meanwhile, The Silencer Shop is automating the process with it’s new S.I.D. kiosk, coming to a local gun store near you!

In case you were wondering, S.I.D. stands for “Secure Identity Documentation.” Here’s what the S.I.D. can do for you:

screen-shot-2016-11-04-at-9-57-20-am

Until and unless Congress passes and the President signs the Hearing Protection Act (now dependent on The Donald), buying a device to reduce your firearms’ sonic signature will be a PITA. Meanwhile, the free market system is hard at work making it less work to exercise your right to reduce your firearms’ potentially harmful side effects. Void where prohibited by law.

comments

1. avatar GS650G says:

I would imagine the antis would have a problem even with this.

2. avatar BDub says:

This is Awesome!…..still not gonna participate.

I am not going to use any tool designed to make it easier to comply with a problem that shouldn’t exist in the first place. Everytime you submit yourself to doing so, you make it that much less likely that the problem will ever go away – you are legitimizing the abridgment of your own freedoms by doing so. I protest.

1. avatar Planet_Federal_Way_Twax_City says:

Very well put. I spent some of the more formative years of my life in a system that required people to participate in their own torture and every time “compliance” was acquiesced it further lent legitimacy and validity to a program that should never have existed in the first place. What a mind buggering, seeing it happen here in my own country after “earning” my freedom has been particularly unsettling. Thought Reform, not just for communists anymore.

2. avatar Rattlerjake says:

I totally concur. It is the same reason that I refuse to apply for conceal carry permits. The states that require a CC permit or, like NC, require application for permits to purchase handguns are in violation of the second amendment, and ALL of those individuals who participate are condoning and supporting this illegal restriction and taxation as well as PAYING FOR THEIR RIGHTS!

3. avatar Anon in CT says:

It’s cool. Unfortunately, your CLEO still gets notified that you’re a gun nut. And that’s not helpful.

1. avatar Rabbi says:

True, but now the CLEO can’t stop you like they could before.

1. avatar Anon in CT says:

Well, before my Trust didn’t have to tell them squat.

I recently filed the Form to “make” an SBR and got a call from my CLEO (personally – small town) basically just checking in and making sure I was the person who filed etc. No problem, nice guy – but how often do I want to do that? Already had to do that for my FFL 03. I’d prefer not to be famous around the local cop shop.

1. avatar Rabbi says:

True, again. I had to get a trust because of lack of CLEO signature issues. Would rather have skipped all that.

4. avatar LarryinTX says:

Silencer Shop has changed their business model dramatically since I bought from them, what, 3-4 years ago. At that time, though, they did an unbelievable job of explaining the exact same thing to person after person, all day long, with a smile, and standing ready to make the process absolutely as easy as possible. The worst complaint I could come up with was it was so easy that I ended up with an SBR and suppressor in my hand, still not really understanding all the fine points of the applications. Now ATF seems to have changed everything again (I. AM. SHOCKED.), but I bet Silencer Shop is right on top of it. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

5. avatar DrewR55 says:

My local dealer had one installed maybe two months ago. If you can imagine we were all gathered around it just staring. I guess it was about like the old farmers staring at a new tractor that came stock with seat warmers and satalite radio.

6. avatar Chris T from KY says:

American innovation. American capitalism.
    Wonderful! !!

7. avatar Geoff PR says:

Every time I hear S.I.D. (Sid), this immediately comes to mind, the way Nancy would say “Siiiiiiid!”:

Yeah, I know I’m starting to show my age…

*sigh*

8. avatar c4v3man says:

Now let’s get the hearing protection act passed so these machines are practically useless. Then Silencer Shop can work on SBR Shop (trademark pending…) to make the machines useful again. And we can dream of removing the entire unconstitutional NFA, or at least the Hughes Amendment to make SMG Shop a reality.

9. avatar Faust says:

I’ve had paperwork waiting to be filed for over 4 weeks with them. As in they have my info and I’ve paid for my stamp. I know of other people going through the same thing. They have not stream lined the process at all. They have taken a bullshit situation and turned it in to a new level of financial gain for themselves…