Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Jeff

15821ee5c6e63f_1

Jeff, who cryptically says he works in government, allows as how “If I were on a trip and I only had one EDC to choose from, this one would be it. Simple, reliable and is an easy carry.” See it all at Everyday Carry . . .

everyday-carry-logo-small-3

comments

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Nice Spyderco.

My EDC is the ‘Harpy’ hawk-bill Spyderco…

1. avatar ACP_arms says:

The Harpy is one odd looking knife. How well does that blade work for you?

My EDC is a Spyderco Endura 4 Lightweight with the ZDP-189 blade.

1. avatar knightofbob says:

Nah, the Civilian is an odd looking knife.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

The Harpy works very well for me so far, I bought it originally for defensive carry, hoping that very aggressive profile might cause an attacker to reconsider pressing the attack. Haven’t (yet, hopefully *never* will) pulled it for defensive use.

For those (few) who have never seen one:

(Years back I owned a Civilian, it looks flat *mean*)

1. avatar knightofbob says:

I saw a mention of the Civilian in one of the Hannibal Lecter books, looked it up, and decided I had to have one. Tracked down a carbon fiber version, and it’s one of my favorite safe queens. If an attacker continues when one of those is presented, they are determined. Luckily, the design is more than capable of dissuading even the most determined attacker. I’ve got meaner looking blades, but they won’t fit in a pocket.

2. avatar Justin Case says:

He carries a baseball in his pocket every day? Seriously?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Justin… Case a baseball game breaks out…

{ http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot&play=true }

2. avatar Swarf says:

I looked it up. It’s not just a baseball, it’s a $40 baseball!

Neat looking, though.

3. avatar William says:

…but why? Why would he carry this? Why do they make it? Just Why?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

” Just Why?”

It looks turn-of-last-century ‘old school’. A nostalgia thing…

3. avatar jimmy james says:

I’d want a bob tail 1911 or at least a bit rounded for EDC. I can see that sharp angle digging in to my side or at least wearing a hole in my shirt. I love the 1911 in most of it’s forms and I own several but I ain’t EDC’ing one unless I have to. Too many other modern options that make more sense.

4. avatar jwm says:

That’s a 1911 style shooter. Why the hammer down?

5. avatar Tile floor says:

Coffee chew? Trying to quit dip are we?

6. avatar Tex300BLK says:

This guy, he has some impecable taste. Is that Apple Watch band an aftermarket deal?