Clown with Machete: Defensive Gun Use of the Day? [NSFW]

Are we to assume that this video is for shizzle? To do that, we’d have to set aside the mismatched audio and ignore the fact that World Star is to journalism what karaoke is to opera. And then we’d have to assume that the driver repelled the machete-wielding clown with a gun. He doesn’t show his heater but does remark that “a forty knock your ass out of anything.” So there is that.

All that said, would you draw on a machete-wielding clown? In this particular example, my first reaction would be the same one when I saw Ferg get ambushed by the Irish mob on a lonely road in Wyoming (Longmire): drive the F away. If I was on a road at night, well, what else are you going to do? I’d sure hate to be the first guy to shoot a killer clown, but that’s preferable to being a victim, n’est-ce-pas (as we say in my ‘hood)?

comments

1. avatar Sam says:

If the vehicle still moves, drive away. If it quits, draw the pistol and be prepared to use it.

1. avatar Binder says:

Driving a car in reverse is not a good idea, can’t keep an eye on them and you are likely to hit something, and driving a car towards someone with a machete not a good idea. So what exactly do you recommend in this situation.

1. avatar IdahoPete says:

Clown weight: 200-250 pounds. Vehicle weight; 4000 pounds (+/-)

Do the math.

2. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

“Fuck deez clown ass niggas….”

Concur.

1. avatar WhiteDevil says:

Indubitably

2. avatar rdsii64 says:

Too funny!!!

3. avatar Lucas D. says:

I’m still suspicious as to whether this is an actual phenomenon or just another Internet-spawned hoax, since every news piece on this seems to come from a secondhand source.

That said, whether or not this video is real, it should serve as a nice “teachable moment” for anyone stupid enough to think dressing as a clown and attacking strangers is a great idea for a prank.

1. avatar Naz says:

Two thumbs up Lucas, it was funny as hell though, but I do think it was made for the internet.

2. avatar Danny Griffin says:

No, it’s real. Cops have arrested people in Michigan for terrorizing people with these creepy clowns masks and suits. Some clowns have robbed banks, stores, and hotels. One cop got in a shootout with some Michigan cops (Livonia, if I remember correctly).

If I were on a jury, I’d acquit someone icing a clown, even if he was a crack dealer who shot the clown because he was on his turf. Jury nullification. #ClownLivesDon’tMatter

1. avatar Turd Furgeson says:

{{citation needed}}

It’s not real, you’re a moron.

4. avatar jwm says:

Combine 2 of my greatest phobias. Clowns and edged weapons. I get emotional at either or. Put them together and I’m gonna shoot someone. Repeatedly. Them I’m filing for a disability based on emotional trauma.

5. avatar Rob.G says:

Sorry, I don’t speak ghetto.

1. avatar Swarf says:

I’m not fluent, but I know enough to know that Robert meant “fo rizzle” not “shizzle”. Also that he was screaming it from 1993.

6. avatar Kendahl says:

Where I live, there have been reports of jackasses in clown suits frightening people. At least one has been caught and arrested. However, I am very suspicious that this video is a hoax. In the same situation, I would just drive away and call 911. If I were on foot or the clown broke into my home, my reaction would be much more forceful.

7. avatar anonymoose says:

The only good clown is a dead clown, and if they’re zombie clowns we’ll just have to kill them harder.

8. avatar Hank says:

I’m in my truck? Well then clown meet grill… Then I’d hit reverse, and drive, then reverse, then drive again. Then I’d get out, take a piss, put one in its dome, and head to the bar.

9. avatar MouseGun says:

This is Darwinism at its finest; dumb ass wants to dress as a clown and wave around a machete, dumb ass can get his dumb ass killed.

10. avatar Nynemillameetuh says:

World Star is actually more reputable than mainstream journalism. Really.

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Sad but true.

2. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

What length Mongoose did you get?

1. avatar Nynemillameetuh says:

Not a Mongoose….a Ratzeburg original Sport model.

1. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

Oh, no wonder your FFL didn’t touch it. I wish I had the gumption and nerve to search out and buy a previously owned gun like that. I know I miss out greatly because of my trepidation.

11. avatar Hill Country Dog says:

Yeah, Ferg definitely lacked situational awareness that time! And yes, I’d draw on a clown, or non-clown, coming at me with a machete.

1. avatar Swarf says:

Anyone waving a machete at me is, by my definition, a clown and is therefore considered a threat like any other clown.

If it acts a clown, it gets drawn down.

I should write a song.

2. avatar Supermike says:

While he can sometimes pick up critical clues, Ferg OFTEN lacks situational awareness.

12. avatar Stu in AZ says:

There’s fake blood on the machete.
    What’s the body count from these clowns so far?

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

I don’t know of any, but I won’t be the first. Michigan has had a few delinquents running around threatening people with both real and fake weapons. heard of 1 clown being executed. Some more fools are going to get ventilated then this will likely stop.

13. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

Copycats, spawned by some kind of occult activity….See after school “Satanism clubs.”

14. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

Approved by the office of the Massachusetts AG’$ office…Evil clown PSA from Darthmouth, Ma.
    ********************************************

15. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

More “Evil clown” news from Massachusetts…(re: Thank God Massachusetts AG. Maura “The Sheriff of Nottingham” Healey saved all Massachusetts residents by Banning anything deamed a “so called assault weapon!” Thanks a bunch for the civil rights infringement ! Glad tyrants still prosper ! AG is someone else who should be in jail with Hillary “AOL” Clinton…Along with any killer clowns from outer space !!!)
    ____________________________________________________

16. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

Really TTAG !!! ” Marked for Moderation”! Are you planning on turning your readership over to the thought police if the election is one by Hillary “Benghazi” Klinton ?!!

17. avatar Joseph says:

Whether the video is real or not, reality is that one of these clowns is gonna mess with the wrong person and break out in holes.

18. avatar Somebody Special says:

The video looks to be a fake. If you freeze the video when the driver holds the weapon out the window, you can see he is holding only on the grip of the weapon. The finger is not on the trigger. Not buying it.

19. avatar DAN V says:

Faker than his bravery

20. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

The previous news from Massachusetts is real….Actually a response to the nationwide dumb@$$ YouTube craze…I agree if your menacing someone at night/day in an evil looking clown outfit armed with what looks like a weapon…You reap what you sow…

21. avatar Michael W says: