Chicago Shooting Range Welcomes the President to Town

maxonsaf1_1

President Barack Obama graced Chicagoans with his presence this past weekend. On his approach in Air Force One to O’Hare International, America’s greatest gun salesman flew right past a nearby shooting range.

We don’t mean the city of Chicago…the nation’s largest open-air shooting range. Instead, the President flew past series of billboards like this one for Maxon Shooter’s Supplies and Indoor Range near O’Hare. The moment was captured for eternity by Dan McInerney.

Maxon’s owner Dan Eldridge welcomed the President to town in a Facebook post featuring the photo. “Do you suppose the President saw our billboard?”

af1post

If Maxon was a golf course instead of an indoor range, Obama might have noticed the sign. Given that the only shooting that happens at Maxon’s doesn’t involve golf clubs, it seems a safe bet that our feckless former state senator couldn’t have cared less.

comments

1. avatar Rokurota says:

This is a headline worthy of the hoplophobes, who I’m sure equate the presence of a shooting range with rage-filled gun-clingers. An entertaining typo, to be sure!

1. avatar Joe R. says:

Bitter clinger with Bible.

1. avatar Chris T from KY says:

You beat me to bible comment.

2. avatar Nativeson says:

I strongly encourage the President to take his beautiful wife on a midnight stroll through south Chicago sans his Secret Service detail. As they say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Last I heard, he still maintains a residence in Ciraq…

2. avatar Cuteandfuzzybunnies says:

I dunno if I agree. I mean she’s got a good body , and awesome shoulders. And sure I’d prolly do her after a few beers. The problem is butter face. She looks good BUT HER FACE!

And before somebody says this is racist my wife is blacker than her.

1. avatar 2004done says:

I HOPE you mean your wife’s complexion, because if you mean a blacker heart than “damn-flag” moochelle, I really can’t imagine it. (no offense meant to your wife by any comparison to barry soetoro’s wife).

3. Hey fun is breaking out all over the Chicago’s suburbs. Brand new pistol and RIFLE range in Oak Forest,Il. Run by Arab types(NO I don’t know if they’re moose-lims!)…Chicago proper nope.

1. avatar Andrew Lias says:

We’re invading…………..Slowly creeping in on them.

2. avatar Chris T from KY says:

Breaking that old white guy sterotype. Good move.

1. avatar Let's Move Past Progressivism says:

Yup, gotta watch them Ay-Rabs and Mooslims. Selling antiques, you are in the perfect business, Illini-Zim, you old relic.

1. avatar former water walker says:

Better to be a relic than a weirdo living in mommy’s basement graygay…and changing your troll mom(sic) de plume doesn’t make you slick. An appreciation for antiques indicates a certain maturity you obviously lack.

2. avatar Let's Move Past Progressivism says:

Do the “spics” and “coloreds” get to shoot at the “Ay-Rab” range?

3. avatar former water walker says:

You’re obsessed with race graygay…I only mentioned the owners ethnicity because it’s odd and suspicious to open a 5million dollar state of the art range in Oak Forest,Il…as in where the hell did the money come from? I guess you’re too stupid to surmise that graygay…

4. avatar Felix says:

Hmmm, I think there are a few larger open-air shooting ranges all over the Middle East.