Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Mathew Aguilar

157f831bf19131_1

What does a retired highway patrol officer carry? You’re looking at it. Simple, pocketable, and effective. See it all at Everyday Carry . . .

everyday-carry-logo-small-3

comments

1. avatar Alienguns says:

Have a Daltech belt and like it.

2. avatar jwm says:

The j frame. Truth be told 99% of our gun needs for self defense are met by a .38 revolver.

Before the hate starts, I’m not mandating a revolver or caliber for anybody. Just speaking a simple truth. Want to cover 100% of your self defense needs. Have a revolver and a shotgun. Simple and more than enough for any non cop or soldier related situation.

Choice is great. You should be able to walk into any gun store anywhere in America. Buy the weapon of your choice, even full auto, load it and walk out of the store.

But if your only need was self defense a solid revolver and shotgun covers all bases.

1. avatar James in AZ says:

And A LOT of practice on shot placement…

2. avatar YZAS says:

Yup. Hard to go wrong with a good revolver. Took me many guns, many dollars and many years to come to that conclusion. Guess the old heads actually knew something after all…

3. avatar Jelly Roll says:

Amen

3. avatar Geoff PR says:

Bob the hammer on that Airweight and it would be *perfect*…

1. avatar jwm says:

442 for the win.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Or Ruger LCR…

1. avatar jwm says:

I always default to the j frame cause that’s what I have the experience with. I own and use Ruger products but I’ve never used the LCR. It doesn’t jump to mind when I think snubbie.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

I love the idea of flyweight snubbies, but I almost reflexively wince when I pick one up, knowing my hand is gonna hate me for shooting it…

2. avatar Frank in VA says:

Or spend a little more and get 442 Pro model. The difference: no internal lock, blackened stainless steel cylinder, and cut for moon clips which are included by not required.

4. avatar James in AZ says:

Dude, a knife that big, but a gun and a light that small?

You have very different priorities from mine

5. avatar S.CROCK says:

Finally an actual pocket dump. I’m tired of seeing full size 1911s, two spare mags, and multiple knives all under “pocket dump.”

1. avatar Thomas J Crowley says:

I am a 72 year old male and I carry a full sized (5 inch barrel) in my front jeans pocket. It is completely hidden and does not print through my clothing. I constantly get my wife to check, not in public, if anything has changed.

6. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

Agh, these pocket carry guns are driving me crazy! I can’t even get a Ruger LCP to fit right in my pocket.

1. avatar Swarf says:

Too true, man. What kind of magical pockets do some of you bastards have?

I bought a pocket holster for my LCP and I just can’t do it. I feel like I’ve got a gun in my pocket and I ain’t happy to see nobody.

1. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

If you wear a suit or even informal slacks instead of jeans, you find that you have much more generous pockets.

1. avatar Swarf says:

I tried wearing a suit to my job as a welder/rigger, but my lapels kept getting caught in the lines. Also; slacks on fire.

7. avatar Joel says:

If you like skinny jeans forget pocket carry. A single credit card will print in a lot of guys jeans these days.

Pocket carry is like any other type of carry. You may have to make changes to the way you dress.

8. avatar Darkwing says:

Spare ammo?????

1. avatar Gunsmoke says:

Spare ammo? Light jacket. Speed loader in each pocket will give it the extra weight to sweep jacket aside if carry in holster as well and have easy access.

9. avatar Irene says:

Hey, you’re the goto exrpte. Thanks for hanging out here.

10. avatar http://www./ says:

That’s a well-thought-out answer to a challenging question

11. Just isn’t it remarkable how 12 million men and women (significantly less than 1/6 of 1% in the world’s population) persons who for two thousand ages have be killed, tortured and tormented by other 99.6% of the world’s population, with pogroms, gas chambers, inquisitions and continual anti-semitic harassment somehow has been ready to control the globe? n nWhat does that say about the Jews? Far more importantly, exactly what does that say in regards to the non-Jews?