Kimber Gun Rights Bulletin: Moms Demand Action and the Agony of Defeat

momsinmissouri

kimber_blk_logo_small

Moms Demand Action demanded action in Missouri earlier this week, but the action they got wasn’t the action they wanted.  The Missouri Senate voted to override Democrat Governor Jay Nixon’s veto of a common sense measure to do away with the arbitrary training and licensing requirements for law-abiding citizens to carry a firearm as guaranteed by the Second Amendment. Legislators also voted to approve a Castle Doctrine law for Missourians – otherwise known as the “you aren’t required to run away and risk getting shot in the back” law.

Nixon vetoed both common sense measures earlier in the year, much to the glee of Moms Demand Action. The Moms aggressively lobbied members of the Show Me State’s legislature to sustain the governor’s veto of the popular provisions enjoying overwhelming bi-partisan support.  In the end, Moms Demand Action failed miserably.

Legislators, however, over-ruled the governor by wide margins in both houses and did the liberal thing instead. They supported liberty by doing away with government regulation and control schemes. They voted to progress toward a future of greater freedom.

That made the Moms sad.

Tissue please.

082712_al_ermey2_640

comments

1. avatar NineShooter says:

Somebody call the waaambulance.

There’s nothing sweeter than an anti-gunner’s tears…

1. avatar YaDaddy says:

That tears line is T-shirt and bumper sticker worthy.

2. avatar Mr. Woodcock says:

“Moms Demand Action demanded action in Missouri earlier this week, but the action they got wasn’t the action they wanted.”

That’s what she said.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Unexpected anal often has that result.

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Yeah… unexpected, let’s go with that one.

1. avatar strych9 says:

MDM is a bunch of idiots. They have a lot of money but they do what they do pretty poorly.

2. avatar John L. says:

Strych9:

“They always expect to win but rarely do. Somehow they’re always surprised when they lose.”

I think the words you’re looking for are “arrogance” and “comeuppance”…

2. avatar barnbwt says:

*action they so desperately need

3. avatar YZAS says:

they are not even worthy of my time to comment. irrelevant group of soccer moms that have nothing better to do in between tupperware parties but to obsess on their favorite phobia.

Hey MDA – Boooo! LOL

4. avatar Danilushka Ozera says:

I want to thank those fear-craven anti-gun women for alerting the Missouri legislature to the threat they posed and taking permanent action to ensure the constitutional RKBA for residents and visitors of the state.
    Keep up the good work Ladies!

5. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Question: How many different states were those t-shirt-wearing idiots bused in from, and how much did Daddy Bloombucks pay them to be there?

1. avatar NYC2AZ says:

I can see 32 people in the photo at an average of 6.5 MDA/Everytown supporters in each state with a 50% attendance rate… let’s see, carry the 1: I’d say 10 different states (rounding down).

1. avatar MLee says:

You can’t count the guy in the top row asleep or the kid in the middle row fourth from the right. You know damn well his idiotic mom made him go to that. No boy his age would want to be there. I know this because that is exactly the stupid shit my mom would have made me do.

6. avatar CCDWGuy says:

Though Missouri residents got all the action…semi-auto, revolving cylinder!

7. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

OK, ladies, are you done with the demonstratin’ yet? Yes? Great! Now make me a sammich and bring me a beer.

Kindly note, my female PoTG friends, I would never cop such a ‘tude with anybody except the MDA coven.

8. avatar Bill says:

Bed wetting liberals male and female

9. avatar NorincoJay says:

“This law will allow some violent criminals to carry hidden loaded handguns.” These “moms” are either liars, complete morons or deceitful liars. Probably all of the above.

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

It’s shameful. Truly, it’s sad to see people who don’t have a leg to stand on unless they’re lying.

2. avatar Rick says:

Evidently MDA doesn’t know that criminals carry concealed without a license ALL the damn time. Jesus wept but these people are either stupid with a side of venal or they know but are so into their hoplophobia that they don’t care to acknowledge it, or perhaps it’s both. Thank God our legislators girded their loins and voted to override Jay. Kudos to Eric Burlison, 133rd District, Battlefield MO for running with this legislation and keeping his fellow Representatives on the straight and narrow. Thanks Eric, I owe ya a cold one.

3. avatar Paul Bass says:

i think that criminals already carry loaded concealed firearms, this just recognizes that honest citizens should be able to level the playing field. The eight hours of training for the CCW license is very beneficial, but there is no absolute training requirements in the Second Amendment.

10. avatar pieslapper says:

I think most violent criminals already carry hidden, and this law isn’t going to change that regardless of whether or not it was passed.

Great. Wonderful. But all of this backslapping on our part means exactly dick if the pantsuit is elected in November.

1. avatar Stateisevil says:

How so? Assuming Demonrats don’t take Congress, we’re in the exact same position as we are now. SCOTUS will never rule against anti gun states’ bans anyhow. The biggest downside to Hitlery would be no hearing protection act or national reciprocity possible.

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Eight years from now, do you want a Supreme Court that understands and respects our Constitution, or not?

Not to mention a blizzard of anti-gun Executive Orders and inordinate pressure on states to restrict gun rights by exploiting the power of the Federal purse.

2. avatar barnbwt says:

I’m not holding my breath for SCOTUS “respecting the constitution” regardless who wins.

2. avatar DerryM says:

I would not assume the Demonrats will not take Congress. No inside dope here, just reluctant to assume anything in this crazy election. With Trump and HagLIARy running neck and neck it would be a bad idea to take anything for granted, and a good idea to work to make sure The Hildabeest is NOT nominating Supreme Court Justices EVER…and that Tim “The Clown” Kaine is nowhere near a “heartbeat away” from the Presidency. Just sayin’.

Besides, President Golfcart is a feckless pvssy. The Pantsuit is a vicious b!tch who will stop at nothing to expand her power.

3. avatar pieslapper says:

And a possible rash of ‘suicides’ or ‘accidents’ involving those that oppose her.

12. avatar Sad88 says:

Top row 2nd from left. Guys taking a nap

1. avatar barnbwt says:

He’s not there by choice (much like every male ‘member’ of PETA)

1. avatar Wiregrass says:

I feel sorry for that kid whose mom dragged him to this. That is truly child abuse if I ever saw it. I hope he becomes a gun guy later on just to spite her doing this to him. Who knows? I’ve seen girls grow up overly sheltered become total sluts once they escape.

2. avatar JR_in_NC says:

He’s not napping. He’s tweeting: “Hellllpppp Meeeee.”

1. avatar 16V says:

I’d rather think it’s ala Alien-“Kill me…”.

Just sayin’

13. avatar Bill says:

I loved the writing and diction in this piece; please, Mr. Boch, write more.

14. avatar Kyle says:

Say what? Criminals do not go through the permit process to carry a gun because they’re, you know, CRIMINALS. In addition, Trayvon Martin’s death had nothing to do with Stand Your Ground. But even if it did, so what?

15. avatar Swarf says:

Yes, that IS great. But also, BREAKING: the Missouri mental health case just got decided the right way also!

The burden is on .gov to prove a person is not competent.

1. avatar Swarf says:

And there was an explosion in NYC’s Chelsea neighborhood and a pipe bomb in a garbage can at a Marine charity event in New Jersey and Ruger is discontinuing the 77/17, 22, 357, and 44.

But other than that.

No news.

1. avatar Joe R. says:

Obama’s blaming Bush.

Hillary’s blaming Trump.

DeBlasio’s calling to be made Emporer so he can stop crime.

No Christie comment?

Sad you cant rule out an inside job for how much $$$ NY and NJ need from DHS to float their Police forces after 9/11.

16. avatar Mark says:

Any “man” wearing one of those shirts is a mangina and needs to turn in his man card stat.

1. avatar MLee says:

Got that right! No guy who wears the pants in the house would be there. If my wife said to wear that shirt and go to that thing, she’d get told NO. Not today, not tomorrow, not NEVER! Not even in a freaking dream. There is ZERO chance of me ever going to a MDA event. Bloombag would have to give me a huge amount of money and since I hate him and there is no chance of that happening, there is less than a zero chance of me ending up at one of those things other than to ridicule them from the sidelines, which is something I could see me doing. Pissing off those ignorant hens (flame?) would be fun.

2. avatar PavePusher says:

Sexism-based attempts at insults really aren’t helpful.

17. avatar notguiltfree says:

That sure looks like an unstable bunch of cunts and lunks. They really need to hire better lookers for their PR crowd.

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

The right has the likes of Ann Coulter, Dana Loesch, Michelle Malkin, S.E. Cupp, etc.

The left has Whoopi Goldberg, and others with similar appeal.

It’s really not fair.

1. avatar PavePusher says:

Ann Coulter is nothing to brag about. She’s the shrill-harpy-on-the-Right counterpart to the raving-moon-bats-on-the-Left.

18. avatar Kendahl says:

If the criminals were in prison, where they belong, they wouldn’t be carrying guns illegally in public.

19. avatar Cuteandfuzzybunnies says:

Those mutha’s ain’t getting much action these days:)

20. avatar indirect Action says:

Those are nice, useful idiots. Akin to blacks marching against desegregation and “seperate but equal” in the 1960s.

21. avatar John L. says:

Their hope was Titanic…

22. avatar Missouri Mule says:

I testified at the Missouri Senate hearing on the bill to repeal the ban of firearms on buses and light rail in Missouri (unfortunately it was not in the final bill). There were about 5 of the MDA’s there. All they had to say was “because guns.”

23. avatar Jay in Florida says:

Oh boo hoo MDA all 7 of you.

24. avatar Chris T from KY says:

Thank god for the founding fathers who created each state to be sovereign from each other and the federal government.

Be very careful who you elect to local and state public office.

25. avatar Publius says:

It’s funny how liberals always use the example of “violent criminals on the streets” to take away our rights when it’s liberals who are so vehemently against locking up violent criminals and insist on keeping them on the streets instead of behind bars.

26. avatar Elijah Decker says:

“enact a law that will allow people — including some violent criminals — to carry hidden, loaded handguns in public without a permit or safety training.”

Are they really so dumb as to think that violent criminals used to go through the process of getting a concealed carry permit?… I just… I can’t even…

27. avatar Ranger Rick says:

Mom’s Demand Action, by the looks of it in this case only Mom’s from St. Louis County.

28. avatar Joe R. says:

I knew Kimber was in Yonkers, NY, but i didn’t think they wrre F-ing STUPID.

IT’S NOT THE “LIBERAL” THING TO DO ANY PISITIVE TOWARD LIBERTY OR LIMITED GOVERNMENT, AND THEY MAY HAVE PROGRESSED TOWARD THE FUTURE OF MORE FREEDOM, BUT THAT’S NOT A “PROGRESSIVE” IDEA EITHER.

NICE TRYING TO REBRAND TWO REJECTED SCOURGES OF IDEAS KIMBER YOU POS. FU. WHEN YOUR LIBTARD F-RS COME FOR YOU, WE’RE GOING TO LET THEM TAKE YOU.

1. avatar PavePusher says:

What the devil are you screeching about? Kimber had nothing to do with this, they are simply a sponsor of the blog.

1. avatar Joe R. says:

The headline reads “Kimber Gun Rights Bulletin: Moms Demand Action and the Agony of Defeat”. The Kimber logo is deeply imbedded in the body of the text of the OP. If this is all Boch, I’ll declare him to be a (D)bag in sheepdog’s clothing.

Until then, both remain suspect. And you can join them.

2. avatar Joe R. says:

B E
        A D V I S E D (as a friendly PSA)
        T H I S
        I S
        N O T
        “S C R E E C H I N G” (Yelling)
        T O
        Y O U R
        B R A I N

It’s me telling your brain “this is important” and, regardless of what I type, your brain agrees. Further, be advised, regardless of how you “feel” about what I type, your brain thanks me for pointing out the things that are “important” because it consumes a lot of energy attempting to decide that. So, your brain actually comes a little over to my side in gratitude for the service. (Don’t take my word for it, ask your favorite marketing guru, but ask them IN SMALL CAPS) I am not trying to influence you in that manner necessarily, I’m ready to fight it out bodily if need be, you’re moniker leads me to believe you prefer stand-off engagements? I’m trying to be above-board all the way around.

But whatever, sit there and be imaginarily yelled at by yourself. LOOK –> SHINEY!!!

29. avatar Jim Bullock says:

So, Mom’s Demand Action Against Only Certain Violence, are bugged because people will be able to carry the tools to protect themselves, without asking for someone’s permission?

I’d consider some form of permitting if the standard for “risk” was more like: “Have any invisible dogs told you to kill anyone, lately?”, and the standard for need more like: “Because there are cleavers in the world.”

30. avatar PavePusher says:

In the New York Times on Sunday, the Editorial Board (and the commenters) lose their moon-bat minds.

31. avatar Rick says:

Moms, go home and bake bread……………