Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Nick

157bd0bc479da8_1

It’s remarkable how few of these pocket dumps include a 1911. This one that Nick carries — what looks like it could be milspec Springfield — isn’t a smaller compact or commander model, but looks to have a full-length barrel. You can see everything Nick carries at Everyday Carry . . .

everyday-carry-logo-small

comments

1. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

Got enough assorted lengths of rope?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

You never know just how the circumstances of the day may play out and you desperately need a length of rope to hang yourself and just end it all…

*snicker*

2. avatar Joseph says:

I used to carry a 1911. It’s a lot of gun with just a few rounds. Now it’s a G19. Less gun, lots more lead.

3. avatar Swarf says:

Is that tie-line?

4. avatar strych9 says:

I’m not the biggest fan of the 1911 but I like it for what it is.

It’s refreshing to see someone else who carries a full size .45. It gives me hope that all is not lost.

5. avatar Derek says:

Cheap tasklight, no medical equipment, no spare magazine for the hundred year old handgun design that holds 7 rounds… what could possibly go wrong?!?

At least he has some rope! /sarc/

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

I hope you carry some spare glasses. The extra mag right beside it. Yep. There is one plugged in as well.

Colonel Copper always the reason to carry a spare mag was to able to go home with a loaded pistol after the gunfight.

I think he was a little sarcastic. A little mind you. ….

1. avatar Derek says:

Well thats at lease a little better, couldnt see the one in the gun due to the lighting. At least he now has as many rounds with a reload as almost any modern compact 9 without

2. avatar ThreeDaysToNever says:

Actually he is carrying a 10mm, but your shit talking sarcasm is deeply appreciated. Hey why support a fellow conceal carrier who actually carries everyday when you can take a big sh*t on his carry choice so you feel more superior. Hey, way to go! Way to bring solidarity to our cause.

1. avatar Derek says:

If you look back through the other edc posts, you will see that I consistently challenge people on why they make the carry choices that they do. Unfortunately a large majority of these carry decisions seem to be guided by something other than consistent thought and reason. Typically I employ more factual based arguments but today I found this one so ridiculous that I should address its faults in an equally absurd fashion, thus the sarcasm. Solidarity and togetherness are great but they have to be based on something worthwhile. I was simply pointing out (in a humorous fashion) the obvious and factual shortcomings of his edc choices. I never said he shouldn’t be allowed to carry whatever he damn well pleases. I fully support his right to make his own decisions (no matter how flawed), my right to criticize his choice, his right to ignore my advice and your right to think I’m an ass. Isn’t that freedom what the 2a/Liberty movement is really supposed to be about? How about we unite on those principles of freedom instead of demanding we agree on everything…

3. avatar Archangel187 says:

Must’ve seen The Boondock Saints – “Name one thing you’re gonna need this stupid f*cking rope for!”

6. avatar Phil LA says:

I’m not sure this “daily carry” series is as interesting as people think.

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

No offense intentended, but I don’t think you get to decide for anyone but yourself.

They are certainly more entertaining than the POS ads.

1. avatar Phil LA says:

Agreed. But if the number of comments correlates to the number of page views, I would say that my opinion has been shared by a fair number of TTAG readers over the last month. This is the first Pocket Carry article that I’ve opened in months, and here my 2 comments plus your response accounts for 25% of the comments on this article so far. Feel free to disagree, but I was sharing an opinion for the TTAG brass.

1. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

I do agree with you to an extent. I think there’s as much good content on TTAG as always, but unfortunately it gets buried under a ton of inconsequential stuff.

I wonder if the really good stuff (reviews, mainly) is getting missed because it only stays on the page for part of a day before getting pushed off the page quickly by a lot of “meh” content.

2. avatar Specialist38 says:

Maybe so. But….they’ll quit running them if nobody reads and comments.

I find them entertaining even if I wouldn’t carry their piece. At least they are carrying.

Now about all the lip balm……..

7. avatar FedUp says:

I found a new use for EDC.com, upsetting limey arsewipes:

An Englishman named Neelan Tailor is getting the vapors because he discovered that citizens of a free country who haven’t cravenly given away their natural right of armed self-defense sometimes post pictures of their “everyday carry” items to the Internet.

1. avatar strych9 says:

You can find similar malingerers here in the US.

2. avatar Specialist38 says:

The poor limeys get just about as worked up over …….Pocket knives that we can carry. Not talking fixed blades but run-of-mill benchmades, and spyderco knives that I done really think of as a weapon.

Kinda sad for them I guess….
      But slightly humurous to me.

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

I’m required to enter secured areas for work from time to time (armed security, metal detectors, background check, the whole thing), so clearly I don’t bring my gun/s.

But, I always forget about knives. I don’t see them as weapons in the same way as a firearm.

8. avatar Nelson says:

I respect someone who carries a 1911, I will too in the future.