Gun Tweet of the Day: Captain America Supports MA “Assault Weapons” Ban

(courtesy twiter.com)

That profile pic might not look like the blond-haired, blue-eyed actor who plays the misguided hero in the not-so-marvelous flick Captain America: Civil War. But that be he: actor Chris Evans. In the movies, Cap wields a .45, albeit briefly. In real life, Mr. Evans is against “assault weapons.” To the point where he felt compelled to Tweet his support for MA AG Maura Healey’s midnight raid on residents’ right to keep and bear their choice of arms.

(courtesy Twitter.com)

Not one to let a useful idiot be, uh, useless, Ms. Healey fired back a pro-Cap Tweet thanking the actor for his support for her unconstitutional “enforcement directive” banning the sale of “replica and copy” “assault weapons.”

And there you were thinking that an actor playing a character who fought National Socialists would support the United States Constitution as writ. Or at least keep his mouth shut.

comments

1. avatar Jack says:

Hail Hydra!!

1. avatar B says:

More than you know…

2. avatar WhiteDevil says:

Heil Healey*

2. avatar Jp says:

Nope just another brainless idiot who just needs to stfu.

3. avatar SteveInCO says:

I thought nothing of the kind.

Hollywood is full of oblivious dickweeds like this. If (big if) they give one thought to the constitution, I suspect they think they’re actually abiding by it, but then critical reading and thinking is not a skill encouraged in Hollyweird.

As an aside I’m in an intermittent discussion elsewhere with someone who wants to ban ALL semi-autos…yet professes to be pro 2A. More obliviousness, at best.

1. avatar anonymoose says:

My first thought when RF said that Captain America fought the Nazis was that the Communists also fought the Nazis. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my habibi.

2. avatar Mmmtacos says:

I would call Evans more of a misguided fool.

He seems like a nice enough fellow after all, besides, if you’ve talked to enough people about gun rights you’ve probably run into the person who thinks banning “assault weapons” isn’t a bad idea… until you’ve actually talked it out with them.

These are the same people that often think you need some sort of license to buy guns (unilaterally speaking, like in Texas for instance) but somehow also think you can easily buy silencers and fully automatic weapons at Wal-Mart.

4. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

Poor bastard has thespian’s brain wasting disease. The prognosis is not good.

1. avatar Rusty Chains says:

The likely prognosis: he will end up a dozen years from now acting in some dim witted daytime soap trying to pretend he has some relevance, much like now really. This kind of behavior is common with actors who feel like any publicity that gets them some attention could help, and the more their carrier slides the more likely they are to do anything for attention. He is on a slide that will turn him into Rosie.

5. avatar former water walker says:

Yeah you suck Chris. BTW he didn’t ” briefly ” wield a 45-he wore it as a soldier would. And shot lotsa’ bad guys in Cap 1.In Winter Soldier he used a real(movie) assault rifle with plenty of evil ,rapid,high cap ratatats and lethal results. As a VIGALANTE. Hypocritical azzwhole. Actor/whore…

6. avatar Alex says:

I was always Team Iron Man anyway.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

Which was Team Statist in Civil War. Don’t confuse the actor with the role. Captain America is definitely the pro-individual, pro-freedom member of the Avengers.

1. avatar Alex says:

True. I just have always liked Iron Man more.

2. avatar MouseGun says:

Isn’t Chris Pratt pro-2A and an avid hunter? If so, I’m team Guardians of the Galaxy.

1. avatar Stu in AZ says:

Hell at this point, I’d be happy if Chris Pratt played both Star Lord and Captain America. Even if they’re in the same movie. I don’t care.

1. avatar Jason says:

Why do either of you give a $&#% who any made up characters in the movies are “for”? You both have much more to worry about. I suggest you get your asses de-shouldered and worry about pertinent matters.

7. avatar Rick the Bear (now in NH!!) says:

Another person who can’t discern reality from fantasy. A disappointment.

8. avatar jwm says:

It’s Hollywood, Jake.

1. avatar Klaus says:

Nice Chinatown drop.

9. avatar Captain O says:

Out of the mouths of idiots. I’m a “voice actor” (and a US Navy Veteran of the Vietnam era). He’s another “useful idiot”. (There are so many).

10. avatar surlycmd says:

If you support the idea of government limiting the type of firearms available to citizens, you are an anti-gun type.

11. avatar Anonymous says:

Lol. Quite comical. As if for one second we thought that an actor would untie himself from the puppet stage long enough to speak his own opinion despite the cock eyed glance from the stage masters.

Chris Evans has a nice career. Even if he supported gun rights, he wouldn’t speak out for them and expect to retain any future opportunities in Hollywood.

People in Hollywood have opinions that they want you to live by, and when persuasion doesn’t work – there is always law enforcement.

1. avatar Doc Samson says:

“Quite comical.” Ha! Nice!

2. avatar John L. says:

” Even if he supported gun rights, he wouldn’t speak out for them and expect to retain any future opportunities in Hollywood.”

He could, however, choose to remain silent; this statement rather removes any doubt, wouldn’t you say?

1. avatar Anonymous says:

True. Or maybe he wants to “improve” his career with the appropriate statements Hollywood execs and producers approve of.

12. avatar Doc Samson says:

While I am under no illusion that acting equals reality, I know from interviews he seemed to really embrace the role of Capt. America. I am disappointed but not too surprised…

13. avatar JoshFormerlyinGA says:

Im not ___________ , BUT _______________.

Fill in whatever you like, the second phrase always contradicts the first.

1. avatar Nanashi says:

“super rich” “but I’d really like to be”

2. avatar JasonM says:

“a woman”; “my wife is”

3. avatar Crowbar says:

“Gynecologist” but “I’ll take a look”

14. avatar Chip in Florida says:

We should care about his opinions why? He is an actor, little more than a paid monkey dancing for our entertainment so I don’t care what he thinks.

1. avatar Ranger Rick says:

I’m pretty sure Mr. Evans doesn’t care about what we think either unless it has to do with his films. The last couple of years he has ‘shared’ his opinions on a number of issues, probably because he feels comfortable with his career and those opinions fit with those in his industry. If his opinions were counter to Hollywood’s I’m sure no one would ever hear about them.

15. avatar Adub says:

How “much” does he support enforcement of the assault weapons ban? Will he be going door-to-door to enforce the ban, or will he expect police officers to do it for him?

16. avatar crookedrecords says:

… and that is why they are called “actors” and not “actor thinkers”…

17. avatar Tal says:

Chris Evans is a huge elitist pussy. I remember watching him in an interview where he fawned over President Obummer.

It was really kind of gross to watch a grown man do that. Then again I always get uncomfortable when people hero worship politicians.

18. avatar Nanashi says:

Whenever a Hollywood idiot says something like, just reply with all the pictures on them on the IMFDB

1. avatar Stu in AZ says:

Didn’t know that existed. Thank you.

19. avatar JimmyW says:

Let me re-use and paraphrase, “Hey, Chris Evans, I know Captain America. You’re no Captain America.”

20. avatar Shwiggie says:

Assault weapon is a made-up word, so it figures that Hollywood types would gravitate to it since that’s their stock in trade. But, to be honest, it doesn’t bother me so much that he’s against “assault weapons” (opinions being akin to bungholes) as much that he’s for the way the totalitarian manner by which the Masshole AG banned them.

21. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

Hail Hydra, eh Cap?

22. avatar W says:

Chris,
    Support from those who know little of the national or state constitutions means so much to me. Frankly, I find it wonderful that you don’t care that I broke my oath of office and created new laws where the legislature failed to act. If you could get some of your fellow “lightly educated” actors to tweet also, I would appreciate it.

sincerely,
    Maura

23. avatar Stu in AZ says:

I really, really enjoyed Captain America: Civil War. This just spoiled my evening.

Change his character’s name to Captain England.

25. avatar Boba Fett says:

“Not a good actor, but then again, I don’t do good movies either. I support mediocrity in both cinema, and politics. #StandWithMaura”

26. avatar CV76 says:

Yeah this dickweed went all political on twittville when Trump won the nomination.

27. avatar Mike says:

We already can’t get “certain weapons” because assault weapons are, and have been banned, for years. A semi-automatic pistol or rifle does not an assault weapon make. But, by using a vague definition, if it can be made to sound scary enough, surely it should be banned, right?

1. avatar SteveInCO says:

They are assault weapons–an essentially meaningless term they control. What they are not are assault rifles. They’re trying to get you to confuse the two terms and it looks like they succeeded.

Assault weapon means whatever “they” get the government to define in statute and that includes (and has included) semi-autos that scare them.

28. avatar Tibu says:

Seems like all the roids and HGH got to his head, can’t think clearly.

29. avatar Marcus (Aurelius) Payne says:

From Capitan America to comrade amerika. Sigh.

30. avatar MIkial says:

Who cares? Evens is just another Hollywood phony who makes his living pretending to be something he’s not, and a hypocrite besides.

31. avatar Special K says:

This is the kind of crap that keeps me away from the movies. I haven’t been in a movie theatre in well over a year. I have a really hard time forking over any of my hard earned cash to people with such a blatant disregard for freedom.

32. avatar Anonymous says:

“Certain weapons should only be in certain hands.”

Semi automatic weapons have been in the hands of the public for over a century. There is nothing technologically new about the firearms listed in the MA assault weapons ban. This is just a matter of control. Control over the people’s freedom and the sacrifice of freedom in exchange of “perceived” safety. I personally, absolutely reject the concept that the good common people of America can’t handle the responsibility of these firearms and that we should, as a people, cast away our personal freedom of possession and ownership of them.

Ownership of guns is not inherently bad and the vast majority of people own them with no consequence. We should punish those that hurt, injure, and kill, and leave the good people alone. I sincerely hope Evans, and others like him, can someday see the same.

33. avatar Fred Frendly says:

Certain hands, like the hands of rich libtards in Hollyweird who make their fortunes selling death and destruction via the big screen then donate to leftist politicians to steal our rights. Screw that wormy creep and all the Hollyweirdos and their crappy remade movies. This jerk is completely anti gun or he would keep his pretty boy mouth shut. This current flock of Hollyweird feminized metrosexuals like this creep, Leo DeCrapio Matt Damon and the other so called “stars” are a far cry from the WW2 vets like Lee Marvin, Aldo Ray and Robert Ryan who used to make real movies. Quit patronizing these horrible PC flicks and watch TCM instead.

1. avatar Nick says:

Good point, not a lot of these guys really qualify as men imo

34. @Chrisevans , Dude…..you play pretend for a living. MY kids play pretend as well……….the main difference is that even my 4yr old understands the 2nd.

Fame breeds stupidity.

35. avatar Chris Morton says:

I have no more interest in Chris Evans’ opinions on guns than I would in Joan Crawford’s on child rearing.

36. avatar Alex says:

#slacktivism

37. avatar Nick says:

I don’t listen to anything coming out of Hollywood, or LA or New York for that matter. These people aren’t paid to think, folks, and without any real purpose in their lives they tend to drink, party, and latch onto misguided political causes either out of a sense of peer-pressure or because they’re looking for something more meaningful than reading lines someone else wrote for them.

38. avatar derfel cadarn says:

Not anti-gun anti braincell. Just another dipstick.

39. avatar Icabod says:

Notice he’s not refusing roles where guns are used. Were he to really take a stand, he’d refused to act in the very movies he does. Given, he’d have non of the fame or money that he now has but, hey, it’s a principle!

40. avatar MyPrettyAr15 says:

Note to self: Despite the temptation, take a pass on any future avengers, captain america or any other movie starring Chris Evans. To Hollywood, thanks for pointing out the actors I shouldn’t waste my money on!

41. avatar Sixpack70 says:

Fudds, Butters (I support the 2A but…). With friends like these, who needs enemies!

42. avatar Bake says:

Chris Evans: “Some animals are more equal than others.”

43. avatar Socrates says:

Easy for me. Another set or movies I’ll not be seeing, I’ll just buy more ammo with tha $$

44. avatar SeattleSikh says:

Captain UnAmerica

45. avatar Charlie Wagner says:

Not a problem, Chris, this is AMERICA. And you have a right to your opinion. I also have the right to hold on to my money. My family will NEVER pay to see another of your films. Ever. If enough of us do this, he’ll be hawking crap on infomercials in a few years.

46. avatar DMD says:

Why is this phony’s opinion on guns any more learned or important than his opinions on rectal surgery, butterfly collecting, or toilet repairs–all of which he knows nothing about !!! DMD

47. avatar Woody W Woodward says:

Chris Evans plays at being the fictitious character of Captain America. Apparently he also just plays at being an actual American.
    [W3]