DeSantis Gunhide Question of the Day: Where Do You Get Your Gun News?

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 12.53.55 PM

TTAG has finally started its daily newsletter service. Our system sends subscribers customized emails based on their reading habits. [Note: TTAG does not and will not share your email address with any third party.] Click here to sign up. Meanwhile, we’d like to know which websites/magazines you rely on for your gun news and reviews. We try to follow any and all firearms-related news and opinion publications on your behalf — including the anti-gun mainstream media. But we’d love to have more sources to mine for our blog posts. Much obliged.

Sign up for the TTAG Digest email!
[sailthru_widget sailthru_list=”TTAG-Popup-Signup”]

desantis blue logo no back 4 small

comments

1. avatar rammerjammer says:

When you want a story 3-5 days old check TTAG. Still like this site though.

Otherwise Bearing Arms, Guns.com, The Firearmblog, the Gunfeed are all much more up to date when it comes to gun news.

1. avatar Anonymous says:

lol – ouch.

2. avatar tdiinva (Now in Wisconsin) says:

But I think TTAG has higher quality content.

1. avatar John L. says:

Yep.

And let’s face it, 99% of news stories don’t need to be seen within moments of the event. In fact, many “news” stories could benefit – some by a lot – for a small delay for more facts to become available.

3. avatar notalima says:

Pretty much that list.

News – thegunfeed and bearing arms (and Ammoland)
      Articles – TTAG, TFB

4. avatar itherRJ says:

Either from calguns.com or from the firearms coalition policy’s websites. The second one covers both state and federal issues.

2. avatar Pantera Vazquez says:

Bearing arms, gunfeed, ammoland, guns.com, the firearm blog, concealed nation, soldier of fortune, the gun blog

3. avatar JohnF says:

I am one of the editors of the VCDL newsletter. It’s not all that timely by the time we get it out, but they really come up with some content I don’t see anywhere else and it is mostly national and other state stuff, not all VA stuff. For timely, I am active on sites like Personal Defense Network, Defensive Carry and the VCDL Facebook site. Members on those sites sometimes come up with some really good stuff.

4. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Armed American radio.
    AWR Hawkins via Breitbart news.

1. avatar strych9 says:

AWR is the only thing I’ll read over at Breitbart these days.

For every other article the thoughtful comments are overrun by idiots screaming Bible verses at each other and arguing over who’s a better Christian based on what version of the Bible they prefer.

1. avatar the ruester says:

That’s what you call “first world problems.”

1. avatar strych9 says:

IKR? Is large parts of the world they’d be cutting each other’s heads off or blowing each other up over what the proper interpretation of the Koran is.

5. avatar MiniMe says:

Considering the heavy lib/prog media bias and their being in deep in the pocket of the Ministry of Truth, I check for news everywhere, including out-of-country sites (it helps when you know 3 languages).

You’d be surprised how many times I read something off the news in Spain or France that has been heavily censored in the U.S. media or completely hushed by the Clinton News Network.

1. avatar Kevin in CO says:

I get weird looks from my liberal friends when I tell them I read Al Jazeera and the Jerusalem Post.
      In English. Real Americans only speak one language 🙁

6. avatar Steve in MA (now RI) says:

The /r/guns subreddit. Once you get past the kpop and aids, there’s a lot of up to date information on there.

1. avatar Warren says:

I’ll second that. They actually do a pretty decent job of filtering out all the fluff from the various places I like visiting.

7. avatar John L. says:

Apart from those already listed above (got some more ideas for time-suck, thanks guys!) I’ll add Breach Bang Clear.

Also, I subscribe to Gun Tests magazine. Not a slick pub, compared to some of the mainstream mags, but they’re not shy about telling you when something doesn’t work and they include older and lower-end guns in their testing. I appreciate that they’re a no-ads, Consumer Reports-style publication.

8. Of course I get it here at TTAG, who wants to deal with the cucks over at Bearing Arms that are under the thumb of Eric “Cucky” Erickson’s Salem Media and that loafer-wearing Coven of Modern Day Satanist’s stiff, Willard “King of the Rats” (Mitt) Romney, he of the creased and ironed jeans?

9. avatar strych9 says:

Cam & Company.

10. avatar Mikele says:

Ttag, the Firearms blog, Everyday no days off

11. avatar John L. says:

I should add, since I often browse during breaks at work, I pretty much avoid all YouTube / video and most podcast-based sources. Sometimes on road trips I’ll load up a podcast or three.

12. avatar Dev says:

TTAG. TFB, The Loadout Room, Recoil, NRA websites, some manufacturer and local forums mainly.

13. avatar jwm says:

The Trace, CNN and other MSM outlets. They’re honest and trustworthy? Right?

You forgot Mother Jones. And also The Onion. Best investigative reporting on the planet. But go ahead, read the New York Times if you want. They get lucky sometimes.

1. avatar JR_in_NC says:

Okay, “R.” Just don’t push the little red button on your way to check the hot sheets.

2. avatar Indiana Tom says:

I know i get totally factual and unbiased gun coverage from MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and PBS. Wonderful reporting at all times.
      On another note, TTAG, Guns.com, Bearing Arms, The Firearms Blog, Hickok45, Full 30, MAC, In Range, and Forgotten Weapons.

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Forgot INGO.

14. avatar Swilson says:

For politics- TTAG

For culture/history- TFB (TTAG not far behind)

Reviews- Got to keep it varied. Youtube (when not at work), TTAG, TFB, THR, Ammoland

Overall Content- I’d have to go with TFB (sorry fellas) however the conversation/comments at TTAG can’t be beat. My mood influences things too- sometimes you just want to read about some guns and not politics and other times you want to raise hell with like-minded individuals about gun rights, and this is where TTAG shines.

15. avatar Curtis in IL says:

thegunfeed (dot) com

It’s sort of the Drudge Report for gun news.

16. avatar uncommon_sense says:

I get my gun news from TTaG as well as the FaceBarf pages of two state-level gun-rights groups for my state.

17. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

For the latest, Forgotten Weapons and C&Rsenal.

18. avatar Bob says:

I get my news at TTAG

and sometimes youtube… specifically, songify the news: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPzr1vzmGY

19. avatar former water walker says:

Here mostly. I belong to a bunch of FB groups and many report “news”. Most of what I read about Illinois is total bullshite…I read other sites- most are redundant. And I’ve been to a kajillion websites. Someone mentioned Cam & Co. Used to watch on Sportsman Channel. Hey even here I’ve ” reported ” many stories.

20. avatar MamaLiberty says:

David Codrea – War On Guns http://waronguns.blogspot.com/
    The Zelman Partisans – http://zelmanpartisans.com/
    Mike Vanderboegh – Sipsey Street Irregulars

I much prefer the context and perspective offered by these sites (and TTAG, of course), rather than the raw “news.” As someone said above… the first “news” is usually so full of holes and lies it isn’t worth reading. I appreciate the effort David, TTAG, The Zelman folks and Mike put into finding out more of what really happened, and helping readers decide what they might do about it.

21. avatar scooter says:

TTAG, Guns.com, and Full30.com mostly.

22. avatar ahil925 says:

For gun news? TFB.
    For really interesting historic or curiosity stuff? FW
    For dank memes and horribly politically in-correct discussions? /k/
    For 2A politics news? TTAG

Usually in that order.

23. avatar CueBaller says:

I pretty much just browse here and the Illinois Carry forums. Otherwise, random articles that post locally or on other media websites, and (of course) stuff that shows up on my Facebook feed.

24. avatar anonymoose says:

TTAG, TFB, occasionally ENDO (but there’s not much “news” on there besides poking fun at mallninjas and other morons).

25. avatar Indiana Tom says:

I get great gun news from Inside The Chieftain’s Hatch. The guns are just a lot bigger and mounted in tanks.

26. I get my gun news from TTAG.

27. avatar PeterK says:

Here, and to a (MUCH) lesser extent tfb.

28. avatar boardsnbikes says:

soldiersystems.net for gear, particularly technical and tactical clothing, announcements. I understand it’s an industry “go to” website.

29. avatar Warren says:

In order: Reddit, TFB, Bearing Arms, TTaG. It used to be the other way around, but I got tired of trolls and Sara and sensationalism. JWTaylor is still one of my favorite writers for TTaG though, so I try to check back often to see what he’s put up.

30. avatar JebTN says:

Besides a few of those already mentioned I read daily TGO – Tennessee Gun Owners Forum, US Concealed Carry Association, and First Freedom. I don’t do Facebook but my wife watches Citizens, Not Subjects for me.